June 25, 2019, 02:48:20 PM

Author Topic: Koeman Has His Say On Time At Everton  (Read 2563 times)

June 07, 2019, 11:12:41 PM
Reply #15

.Matty

I prefer Allardyce and that's saying something

June 07, 2019, 11:21:00 PM
Reply #16

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I prefer Allardyce and that's saying something

At least you could tell we were a Sam Allardyce team on the pitch.

Donít even know what style of football Koeman played. He talked of pressing but I didnít see that myself.

A lot of passing back to the goalkeeper and hitting it long was all I could see
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

June 07, 2019, 11:28:12 PM
Reply #17

gizzblue

Rekon if he was totally honest all he could say is
 "aside embarrassment about how shit I was at Everton ....I also knocked a couple of shots of my golf game while there" .
Born not made a blue .

June 08, 2019, 12:20:03 AM
Reply #18

Waltzer

I don't get why everyone gets so bitter, personally think he's a decent manager as proven at Holland and Southampton. He got stitched up by getting no striker and a few mistakes himself, but things happen. It didn't work out, but I don't get all the resentment just cause he was generally honest unlike most others who spout shit

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

June 08, 2019, 02:38:35 PM
Reply #19

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
If he is a decent manager that makes it worse for me as he showed no sign of being arsed with us

June 08, 2019, 04:45:50 PM
Reply #20

gizzblue

I don't get why everyone gets so bitter, personally think he's a decent manager as proven at Holland and Southampton. He got stitched up by getting no striker and a few mistakes himself, but things happen. It didn't work out, but I don't get all the resentment just cause he was generally honest unlike most others who spout shit

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

In reality he was more a kin to a Dutch Sam Allardyce then a decent manager ....when things went bad he blamed everyone but himself ..a la Sam style .....he never changed tactic just kept his arrogance and ploughed on regardless .

Personally not bitter just really don't rate him ...never have to be honest and think he will get caught out tactically with Holland too .
Born not made a blue .

June 08, 2019, 04:53:41 PM
Reply #21

Shogun

Administrator
At least you could tell we were a Sam Allardyce team on the pitch.

Don’t even know what style of football Koeman played. He talked of pressing but I didn’t see that myself.

A lot of passing back to the goalkeeper and hitting it long was all I could see

Just wanted a team to be massively physical and full of energy hence why he bought someone like Bolasie and shipped off Deulofeu.

Then Walsh signed Klaassen.
I never claimed to be a saint

June 08, 2019, 05:06:03 PM
Reply #22

ally2

If he is a decent manager that makes it worse for me as he showed no sign of being arsed with us

Seems to be a common criticism. What specifically Was needed to to show he was arsed?

June 08, 2019, 05:10:33 PM
Reply #23

Shogun

Administrator
Seems to be a common criticism. What specifically Was needed to to show he was arsed?

Coming back off holiday to actually start the job would have been decent
I never claimed to be a saint

June 08, 2019, 05:27:15 PM
Reply #24

Mayor Farnum

I seem to remember Joe Royle having long summer holidays. Maybe Everton are just really good at employee benefits.

June 08, 2019, 05:40:34 PM
Reply #25

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

Spending more than three hours at the training ground.

June 08, 2019, 05:47:18 PM
Reply #26

Ross

Not spending the remaining few days of transfer window on holiday in the Algarve while the seasons just begun?
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

June 08, 2019, 06:26:39 PM
Reply #27

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
It was pretty obvious, Allardyce and Martinez were massively flawed but they couldn't be accused of not putting the hours in

June 08, 2019, 06:31:47 PM
Reply #28

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
It was pretty obvious, Allardyce and Martinez were massively flawed but they couldn't be accused of not putting the hours in

Didnít Allardyce spend most of the time in his villa in Spain?

June 08, 2019, 06:48:33 PM
Reply #29

ally2

See I'm not arsed as long as the results come. The reality is that aside from his second season with us, he's a decent manager.  People just didn't like him, and then they've tried to cram in these various gripes that may it may not be important or true.

Presumably people wouldn't have been happy with Howard Kendall for various things but he got results (in one out of three stints) so it was fine.