December 09, 2019, 09:17:43 PM

Author Topic: Koeman Has His Say On Time At Everton  (Read 3412 times)

June 08, 2019, 07:39:35 PM
Reply #30

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
See I'm not arsed as long as the results come. The reality is that aside from his second season with us, he's a decent manager.  People just didn't like him, and then they've tried to cram in these various gripes that may it may not be important or true.

Presumably people wouldn't have been happy with Howard Kendall for various things but he got results (in one out of three stints) so it was fine.

Yes, we like managers who get results.

We donít like managers who donít get results.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

June 08, 2019, 11:33:05 PM
Reply #31

sam of the south

See I'm not arsed as long as the results come. The reality is that aside from his second season with us, he's a decent manager.  People just didn't like him, and then they've tried to cram in these various gripes that may it may not be important or true.

Presumably people wouldn't have been happy with Howard Kendall for various things but he got results (in one out of three stints) so it was fine.

I think youíll generally find that managerís who put in the hours and/or buy into the club they are managing tend to get the best results
ďI went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.Ē
Henry David Thoreau

June 09, 2019, 05:39:31 AM
Reply #32

ally2

I think youíll generally find that managerís who put in the hours and/or buy into the club they are managing tend to get the best results

Well it's not as simple as that is it

June 09, 2019, 05:45:05 AM
Reply #33

ally2

Yes, we like managers who get results.

We donít like managers who donít get results.

It's cobblers though. And you walked right into it. That's my point. It's not just about results. You just have to read above. Full of bile and hate.  If it was just about results then you'd have the majority saying that it was right to go our separate ways and move on. But oh no. It has to get personal. It's bizarre. I don't know if it's Evertonians or football fans in general. Still working it out.

June 09, 2019, 05:48:12 AM
Reply #34

sam of the south

Well it's not as simple as that is it

Yeah, it generally is one or the other, or both.
ďI went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.Ē
Henry David Thoreau

June 10, 2019, 03:44:12 AM
Reply #35

.Rimbo.

I don't get why everyone gets so bitter, personally think he's a decent manager as proven at Holland and Southampton. He got stitched up by getting no striker and a few mistakes himself, but things happen. It didn't work out, but I don't get all the resentment just cause he was generally honest unlike most others who spout shit

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

The striker is a red herring. No striker could've realistically came in and completely transformed our style of play etc. Certainly not Giroud (LMAO).

Main issue I have with him is he clearly just didn't give a shit. It was an important junction in the modern history of the club; the start of the Moshiri era, first taste of genuine money and ambition.

And we ended up buying a load of 28+ year olds from the Prem. How could people not be frustrated with him?

June 10, 2019, 01:32:36 PM
Reply #36

Hesmenos

Koeman wasn't planning on staying more than 3 years which is why he wanted those 28year old players. This is why a director of football is a good idea. Someone has to make sure that short term goals don't affect the longer term success of the team. We unfortunately decided for our first ever director of football to get Walsh, someone who was considered a good scout but had 0 experience as a DOF.

June 10, 2019, 03:23:17 PM
Reply #37

Waltzer

The striker is a red herring. No striker could've realistically came in and completely transformed our style of play etc. Certainly not Giroud (LMAO).

Main issue I have with him is he clearly just didn't give a shit. It was an important junction in the modern history of the club; the start of the Moshiri era, first taste of genuine money and ambition.

And we ended up buying a load of 28+ year olds from the Prem. How could people not be frustrated with him?

Does this list of a load of 28+ players from the Premiership extend beyond Bolasie and Williams?
And I challenge any team in the league to go into the season without a striker and see how well they do, its irrelevant now as hes gone and you'll never know what couldve been, but it had a massive impact on the season

June 11, 2019, 06:09:32 PM
Reply #38

Hesmenos

If you're willing to go to 27+ then you have Bolasie, Schneiderlin, Williams, Stekelenburg the first season and Gylfi, Rooney, Cuco the second season. I'm not sure how many of those were actually his choices though and you definitely can't blame him solely for our transfer strategy.
A striker would have definitely made a difference but again how much of the responsibility of not getting a striker was down to Koeman. The rumours at the time were that Walsh found a few apart from Giroud but Koeman turned them all down.

June 11, 2019, 06:27:10 PM
Reply #39

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
If you're willing to go to 27+ then you have Bolasie, Schneiderlin, Williams, Stekelenburg the first season and Gylfi, Rooney, Cuco the second season. I'm not sure how many of those were actually his choices though and you definitely can't blame him solely for our transfer strategy.
A striker would have definitely made a difference but again how much of the responsibility of not getting a striker was down to Koeman. The rumours at the time were that Walsh found a few apart from Giroud but Koeman turned them all down.

I get the feeling all those singings were Koeman.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

June 11, 2019, 07:33:21 PM
Reply #40

di_guyo

Worst manager I can remember.

I know how much people, me included, hated Allardyce and the football he played but he helped steady the ship - brought in for a job and did it, however ugly it was....Koeman did absolutely nothing for this club.
Everton & Atleti

June 11, 2019, 10:03:38 PM
Reply #41

Hesmenos

It feels weird defending Koeman and I'm happy that we got rid, but I think a lot of people are forgetting his first season for us. He took a team which had finished 2 seasons in a row in 11th place with 47 points and got them into Europe with 61 points and a goal difference of +18.
Yes he lost the plot in his second season and towards the end it looked like he didn't have a clue how to turn things around. But there were some mitigating circumstances. We had to start our season early because of the Europa qualifiers so our pre-season was disrupted including the trip to Tanzania. We then had a very difficult start to the season which didn't help matters. In addition we had to find a new way to play as we had just sold our top scorer and focal point of our attack without replacing him.
His indifferent attitude towards us and his seeming lack of work ethic didn't help, as once the fans turned on him there really was no way going back. But you just wonder if he hadn't put up that red Christmas tree maybe he would have been given until January to show that he had a plan.

June 13, 2019, 12:25:44 AM
Reply #42

bigdunc9

Liked him to start with but his lack of passion and how he never referred to us as us annoyed me. Silver on the other hand talks the talk but not to the extreme as Martinez. Happy with our current set up. 

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

June 13, 2019, 12:30:00 AM
Reply #43

Evertonian in NC

Nothing will or can ever be as dire as Allardyce.
"Pardon me, I have nothing to say." - George Carlin

June 13, 2019, 12:34:48 AM
Reply #44

Simon Paul

Administrator
Nothing will or can ever be as dire as Allardyce.
Mike Walker says hi