June 20, 2019, 08:05:00 PM

Author Topic: Adolfo Gaich  (Read 2945 times)

June 08, 2019, 03:56:32 AM
Reply #15

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
e Or not learning lessons from previous years mistakes?

Yeah, Iím more a glass half full kinda guy
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

June 08, 2019, 04:29:44 AM
Reply #16

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
What lesson? Maybe we believe these are great prospects. Why would we pass up the chance if we do

He did say OR.

so you know, not jumping in and signing players onto contracts before knowing 100%.

Tarashaj, Rodriguez.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

June 08, 2019, 06:02:05 AM
Reply #17

Mouse

Brands knows that market, I think he's done well enough in the first window that he's earned some slack with such deals.
This. Was I dreaming or wasn't one of the attractions of Brands joining us last summer his magic touch in bringing unknown/little known talents from S. America and making a success of them? And now, one year later, we are worrying over a rumour that we may be interested in two unknown/little known talents from S. America. Erm, really?

June 08, 2019, 06:16:18 AM
Reply #18

markB

2 goals in 12 games for the 1st team , don't we have one at the club with a better return and he is playing v premier league teams every week

June 08, 2019, 06:29:02 AM
Reply #19

mikey_blue

June 08, 2019, 01:01:41 PM
Reply #20

stirlingblue

Not exactly like watching a classic South American wonderkid, looks more like your bog standard big number 9 going off that clip

June 08, 2019, 01:47:39 PM
Reply #21

SANA_DR0

Not exactly like watching a classic South American wonderkid, looks more like your bog standard big number 9 going off that clip
That is what he is.

lol at 2 Argentina under 20 world cup players being compared to Tarashaj and  Rodriguez.

I Mentioned Gaich in the Sosa thread as the  player ive been most impressed with from Argentina. Glad the Everton scouts felt the same.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2019, 06:43:01 PM by SANA_DR0 »
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

June 08, 2019, 02:44:21 PM
Reply #22

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
I kinda like the look of that big number 9

June 08, 2019, 05:01:47 PM
Reply #23

Shogun

Administrator
Where does Brands South America reputation come from?

I can only find two first team players he signed from South America during his PSV time and thatís Lozano and Pereiro who are both pretty decent.
I never claimed to be a saint

June 08, 2019, 05:22:26 PM
Reply #24

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Where does Brands South America reputation come from?

I can only find two first team players he signed from South America during his PSV time and thatís Lozano and Pereiro who are both pretty decent.

People's make-believe Brands narrative that we did in exactly the same way for Walsh.

To be fair I'm sure I've read that we were going to be scouting that tourney, and I've no idea how good this lad is but he looks a unit.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

June 09, 2019, 12:55:01 AM
Reply #25

Juanito

Just asked a mate who is a San Lorenzo fan and goes to the home games. He said ďtiene huevosĒ meaning, he has big balls.

June 09, 2019, 02:18:29 AM
Reply #26

Mayor Farnum

Adolfo Gaich from Argentina. Sounds so much like a fugitive Nazi. I'm in!

June 09, 2019, 02:40:06 AM
Reply #27

Fynci

Heís like a young Stracq.

June 10, 2019, 02:06:39 AM
Reply #28

Mouse

quote author=brap2 link=topic=97958.msg1576928#msg1576928 date=1559989346]
People's make-believe Brands narrative that we did in exactly the same way for Walsh.

To be fair I'm sure I've read that we were going to be scouting that tourney, and I've no idea how good this lad is but he looks a unit.
[/quote]
Is it really make believe? I'm sure if you go back to the threads around the time he joined you can find a number referencing a particular strength in S. America, such as this one from before he was officially announced...

Iím freelancing at a Dutch company at present and there is a super knowledgeable guy who talks a lot about football. I mentioned the rumor and he said that it has been in the Dutch press too, he says that Brands has a good scouting network in Central and South America and finds good players from Mexico and Columbia.

But, I'm equally happy to remove S. America from the narrative and I think it still stands up that some are complaining about us doing what I thought we expected to be doing. We have to take risks spending a little and hoping that we can sell big when we move them on. So...

This. Was I dreaming or wasn't one of the attractions of Brands joining us last summer his magic touch in bringing unknown/little known talents and making a success of them? And now, one year later, we are worrying over a rumour that we may be interested in two unknown/little known talents. Erm, really?  ;)

June 10, 2019, 03:05:43 AM
Reply #29

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Fair enough. It *sounds* a bit impulse to me compared to what I'd like, especially in the light of FFP and limited funds... But yeah, essentially rumours atm to be fair.