June 25, 2019, 03:23:06 PM

Author Topic: Adolfo Gaich  (Read 3066 times)

June 10, 2019, 03:36:44 AM
Reply #30

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Fair enough. It *sounds* a bit impulse to me compared to what I'd like, especially in the light of FFP and limited funds... But yeah, essentially rumours atm to be fair.

But we donít know, and the press certainly donít know, how long we have scouted these two. Just because they are currently playing in a tournament that we are aware of doesnít mean itís impulse. Brands might have discovered them while still at PSV 
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

June 10, 2019, 03:38:25 AM
Reply #31

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
But we don’t know, and the press certainly don’t know, how long we have scouted these two. Just because they are currently playing in a tournament that we are aware of doesn’t mean it’s impulse. Brands might have discovered them while still at PSV 

Sure, maybe they are both Brands long lost grandchildren too we just don't know.

Like I say it *sounds* a bit impulsive to me, but may even be nothing to either. And both actually look quite good to be fair.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 03:42:53 AM by brap2 »
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

June 10, 2019, 04:29:44 PM
Reply #32

Toddacelli

San Lorenzo.

Good pedigree.

It's where Strac went to after us    :)

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

June 10, 2019, 08:51:14 PM
Reply #33

van der Meyde

Perhaps they have been scouted thoroughly, but I would feel a lot more comfortable/confident about signing him/Sosa if they'd played more games in their respective first teams.

Richarlison had played 3 full seasons of footy before Watford signed him, for example. You just know a little more about what you're getting.

June 10, 2019, 09:16:21 PM
Reply #34

GrantyBoy78

Perhaps they have been scouted thoroughly, but I would feel a lot more comfortable/confident about signing him/Sosa if they'd played more games in their respective first teams.

Richarlison had played 3 full seasons of footy before Watford signed him, for example. You just know a little more about what you're getting.
The football community is a relatively small world. Just because we've never heard of these lads, doesn't mean they aren't well know and highly thought of in scouting circles. Brands will probably have scout reports for these players from back when they were turning out for Argentina U14s. I've read many anecdotes about scouts tracking Rooney from 12 onwards. As I say, it's a small world.

And anyway lads; Brands won't be working 18 hour days, monopolising his time, just to sign these lads. He'll have bigger fish to fry. The success of our summer transfer window doesn't depend on landing this lad and Sosa.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 09:17:59 PM by GrantyBoy78 »

June 10, 2019, 10:04:01 PM
Reply #35

van der Meyde

The football community is a relatively small world. Just because we've never heard of these lads, doesn't mean they aren't well know and highly thought of in scouting circles. Brands will probably have scout reports for these players from back when they were turning out for Argentina U14s. I've read many anecdotes about scouts tracking Rooney from 12 onwards. As I say, it's a small world.

And anyway lads; Brands won't be working 18 hour days, monopolising his time, just to sign these lads. He'll have bigger fish to fry. The success of our summer transfer window doesn't depend on landing this lad and Sosa.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
I don't doubt any of this at all, I'm sure they are well known and thought of.

£10-15m is a lot of money to spend on players who haven't really got substantive first team experience to their name though.

I'm not criticising the links at all, just curious about them.

I'm wondering why they haven't been getting more games, when we see them being potentially being ready to start for us, etc.

(And I'm also wondering just how much we have available to spend if we're considering speculative signings like.)

June 10, 2019, 10:49:24 PM
Reply #36

Fynci

Iím freelancing at a Dutch company at present and there is a super knowledgeable guy who talks a lot about football. I mentioned the rumor and he said that it has been in the Dutch press too, he says that Brands has a good scouting network in Central and South America and finds good players from Mexico and Columbia.

I started replying to this to say I had the same story, then I realised that I was the guy who posted it in the first place. Interesting twist, the guy is an Ajax fan, but regardless he spoke really highly of Brands.

If we are being linked to a couple of kids from Central/South America then I wouldn't be worrying too much.

June 11, 2019, 12:06:03 AM
Reply #37

Mouse

I started replying to this to say I had the same story, then I realised that I was the guy who posted it in the first place. Interesting twist, the guy is an Ajax fan, but regardless he spoke really highly of Brands.

If we are being linked to a couple of kids from Central/South America then I wouldn't be worrying too much.
Indeed it was your quote, sorry for not attributing it to you at the time!

June 11, 2019, 02:21:38 PM
Reply #38

bigmanbob

They mentioned us being aroused twice in the article, I'm in