June 25, 2019, 02:36:41 PM

Author Topic: Tim Howard Retirement Video  (Read 936 times)

June 08, 2019, 09:14:29 AM
Read 936 times

American Evertonian

A nice touch from Everton/Colorado Rapids here for Tim's retirement. A congratulations video from all his former Everton teammates

https://www.coloradorapids.com/post/2019/06/06/thankyoutim-messages-tim-howard-everton?autoplay=true
Are we there yet?

June 08, 2019, 06:30:45 PM
Reply #1

phillyt

Kenwright banging on about how great he was. Decent keeper and at the time probably the best we could get hold of but overall I donít think he is even in the top 5 of Everton keepers.
Also interesting to see he has a picture behind him of that cringey as fuck interview he did with Farhad, was it after the Chelsea cup game?
I'm fat, but it's not my fault I have a genetic condition resulting in me retaining burgers.

June 08, 2019, 09:04:15 PM
Reply #2

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Kenwright banging on about how great he was. Decent keeper and at the time probably the best we could get hold of but overall I donít think he is even in the top 5 of Everton keepers.
Also interesting to see he has a picture behind him of that cringey as fuck interview he did with Farhad, was it after the Chelsea cup game?

Can you name 5 better keepers than him ? Iíll start you off, Southall.....then what ?

June 08, 2019, 10:28:25 PM
Reply #3

Simon Paul

Administrator
Can you name 5 better keepers than him ? I'll start you off, Southall.....then what ?
Gordon West
Nigel Martyn
Jordan Pickford
Ted Sagar

June 08, 2019, 10:52:14 PM
Reply #4

Bally

Administrator
Gordon West
Nigel Martyn
Jordan Pickford
Ted Sagar
This

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

It's the roll I way

June 08, 2019, 10:54:21 PM
Reply #5

American Evertonian

Iím biased so Iíll say Tim is tied for 5th
Are we there yet?

June 08, 2019, 11:01:39 PM
Reply #6

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
My memory is tainted by the end of his time here. But my god he had some wonderful performances and I think he had a big pet to play in some very excellent defensive setups we had during his time here.

I think his motivation and self confidence was off the charts. Which I like in a Ďkeeper.

June 08, 2019, 11:02:18 PM
Reply #7

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I donít think he was ever that good you know.

Iíd like to think in 20 years time heís not even talked about.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

June 08, 2019, 11:13:54 PM
Reply #8

BlueBeagle

Did a job at a decent price when we were absolutely skint.

Left several years too late.

June 08, 2019, 11:16:58 PM
Reply #9

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Gordon West
Nigel Martyn
Jordan Pickford
Ted Sagar

I would say Pickford is debatable, letís judge him when heís been here as long as Howard was, Martyn.....hmmm ? West, without a doubt and Ted Sagar, well from what we can read about a player that was with us 90 odd years ago he was top flight but Iím sure if we go back a further 60 years we could uncover another gem or two.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2019, 11:19:02 PM by Escla »

June 08, 2019, 11:32:36 PM
Reply #10

BlueForYou

Howard joint 6th with Albert Dunlop
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

June 08, 2019, 11:43:28 PM
Reply #11

BlueBeagle

I would say Pickford is debatable, letís judge him when heís been here as long as Howard was, Martyn.....hmmm ? West, without a doubt and Ted Sagar, well from what we can read about a player that was with us 90 odd years ago he was top flight but Iím sure if we go back a further 60 years we could uncover another gem or two.

Nigel Martyn was an infinitely better goalkeeper than Tim Howard.

June 08, 2019, 11:43:38 PM
Reply #12

Simon Paul

Administrator
I would say Pickford is debatable, let's judge him when he's been here as long as Howard was, Martyn.....hmmm ? West, without a doubt and Ted Sagar, well from what we can read about a player that was with us 90 odd years ago he was top flight but I'm sure if we go back a further 60 years we could uncover another gem or two.
Pickford has played for his country at a world cup semi final and is undoubtedly England's number one. At 25.

Pickford is streets ahead of Howard and will get even better.

Martyn was light years ahead of Howard and was the last of his generation of goalkeepers. Southall once said he must think its Christmas every week with the protection keepers get these days as when he started out you still got beat up 9 Saturdays out of 10. Even "past his prime" he was better than an "on his day" Howard.

Sagar won things with Everton in an era where - again - goalkeepers got beat up. He kept clean sheets in games where there would be 5 up front for the opposition.

And that's the difference. Bob Latchford says one of the main reasons his Everton side didn't win anything was down to not having a world class keeper.

Howard was decent, and he didn't stop us winning things on his own, but put a cross down his throat with a striker on his toes and you scored because he would flap it. Shoot from long range and get it on target and you had a chance. He'll save your penalty, and shots from inside the box every time though.

Did enjoy him scoring though

June 08, 2019, 11:47:49 PM
Reply #13

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Pickford has played for his country at a world cup semi final and is undoubtedly England's number one. At 25.

Pickford is streets ahead of Howard and will get even better.

Martyn was light years ahead of Howard and was the last of his generation of goalkeepers. Southall once said he must think its Christmas every week with the protection keepers get these days as when he started out you still got beat up 9 Saturdays out of 10. Even "past his prime" he was better than an "on his day" Howard.

Sagar won things with Everton in an era where - again - goalkeepers got beat up. He kept clean sheets in games where there would be 5 up front for the opposition.

And that's the difference. Bob Latchford says one of the main reasons his Everton side didn't win anything was down to not having a world class keeper.

Howard was decent, and he didn't stop us winning things on his own, but put a cross down his throat with a striker on his toes and you scored because he would flap it. Shoot from long range and get it on target and you had a chance. He'll save your penalty, and shots from inside the box every time though.

Did enjoy him scoring though

Thatís a great read, seeing things differently thanks to that, I guess you are right!

June 08, 2019, 11:48:02 PM
Reply #14

Alanvideo

.......................Martyn only gets a hmmm from you ?
We are special ,we are Everton.