December 05, 2019, 08:55:16 PM

Author Topic: Hobos and Periods  (Read 3369 times)

June 09, 2019, 04:26:24 AM
Read 3369 times

Mayor Farnum

How much does Everton's charity work make up for their lack of success on the pitch?

Have you ever sited our charity initiatives when arguing with fans from other clubs?

How much comfort does the club's charity work give you?
Something clever written by someone else.

June 09, 2019, 04:45:51 AM
Reply #1

KoemansNumberTens

How much does Everton's charity work make up for their lack of success on the pitch?

Have you ever sited our charity initiatives when arguing with fans from other clubs?

Zero. Itís lovely that our club contributes but winning is everything

June 09, 2019, 04:47:49 AM
Reply #2

Shogun

Administrator
1) Weird title
2) People are always more important than winning

June 09, 2019, 04:49:36 AM
Reply #3

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Iím not sure I get the title tbh

June 09, 2019, 04:51:52 AM
Reply #4

sam of the south

What a proper snide thread
ďI went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.Ē
Henry David Thoreau

June 09, 2019, 05:01:24 AM
Reply #5

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
This is proper grim mate.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

June 09, 2019, 05:23:34 AM
Reply #6

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
First off - title is weird and Iím not sure if you are having a pop at the club or not.

But to answer your question(s)

I donít think our charity work ever Ďmakes upí for our lack of success over the past 25 years, but then I donít think we should be pairing the two together. At its base level then obviously the success of the team is obviously the main objective. However, in modern sport clubs, especially at the elite level (and Iím not just talking about football), have become multi million if not billion pound institutions. This wealth comes from the people whether through ticket sales, merchandise or those shelling out for expensive TV subscription packages. In my humble opinion it is the duty of these institutions to give back to their communities. Every time Everton does something for charity I share it on my school Twitter feed as a) it does make me proud and b) part of my whole school responsibility is raising the profile of charity in the school. I think it is something we should take great pride in as a club. Without wishing to sound too sanctimonious my support of this great club is about more than football and if we became Uber successful but lost that part of our identity i think Iíd lose a bit of my love for us.
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

June 09, 2019, 05:38:24 AM
Reply #7

BlueBeagle

If the community stuff stopped tomorrow I'd still support Everton.

That being said, I'd sooner the club do some good than not bother.

June 09, 2019, 05:50:48 AM
Reply #8

gizzblue

Does make up for the lack of trophies ....the two are in now way comparible. ..
the redshite for instance could give two fucks about giving back to the city ...like we do ....so argiing it is pointless with heartless cunts
as for comfort ...it brings a tear to my eye quite often for the comfort it brings to countless poor and special needs .....we do more than most ...also me my kids and grandkids love the fact our club does so much in the community ....the blue ones anyway .

Born not made a blue .

June 09, 2019, 05:54:38 AM
Reply #9

ally2

I draw no relationship between the two in any way. I want us to be the best and lead the way at both.

June 09, 2019, 12:33:03 PM
Reply #10

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
So what does the title hobos and periods mean?

June 09, 2019, 12:39:57 PM
Reply #11

Trowel

The title and the thread says more about Mayor Farnum than our club TBH.
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

June 09, 2019, 03:44:36 PM
Reply #12

SANA_DR0

So what does the title hobos and periods mean?
I originally thought it was a thread about Hibbert and Pistone.
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

June 09, 2019, 03:57:09 PM
Reply #13

KoemansNumberTens

I originally thought it was a thread about Hibbert and Pistone.

I thought it was about that fast and the furious spinoff (Iím not even joking) Hobs and something. I still donít get the title and the question is a bit daft

June 09, 2019, 04:11:55 PM
Reply #14

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
The title is referencing various aspects of our charity work I guess - work for the homeless and against period poverty?
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers: