June 20, 2019, 08:23:03 PM

Author Topic: Hobos and Periods  (Read 2212 times)

June 09, 2019, 04:19:44 PM
Reply #15

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Of course no one cites charity work when arguing about football but I for one am very proud of what the club does for charity. You will very rarely see me post on fb or twitter a post from the club about players or goals but I will post about the charity work the club does

Shit title for the thread as has been said BTW
Simply simply lovely

June 09, 2019, 04:45:01 PM
Reply #16

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
The title is referencing various aspects of our charity work I guess - work for the homeless and against period poverty?

Jesus.

June 09, 2019, 05:09:47 PM
Reply #17

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Am sure that Farnham is aware of these various responses, why don’t you just clarify it ?

June 09, 2019, 05:16:04 PM
Reply #18

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Woah now people let's not lynch the fella.

I am immensely proud of the work EITC do having been to their office and saw a tiny bit of the impact they make I think its great. Nothing to do with football like.

June 09, 2019, 05:53:18 PM
Reply #19

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Woah now people let's not lynch the fella.

I am immensely proud of the work EITC do having been to their office and saw a tiny bit of the impact they make I think its great. Nothing to do with football like.

I don’t think people are in Lynch mode. For a thread that could have been named EitC I think he was looking to provoke and get attention.

June 09, 2019, 06:08:51 PM
Reply #20

74Blue

I think that we should rightly be very proud of the fantastic contribution that our great club makes to the community. I am proud that our great club does things with class and dignity.
Whilst it doesn't make up for a lack of trophies, it os definitely something that the club should continue with, and continue to be proud of. Success on the pitch will come, I have no doubt of that. To be able to achieve some success on the pitch, whilst not forgetting your roots and giving back to those in need of a little leg up, is even better.

June 09, 2019, 07:46:58 PM
Reply #21

KoemansNumberTens

They are 2 completely different things. Of course we’ve all come for the football. Nothing compares to being successful in that. We’d look ridiculous arguing otherwise.
However the charity work we do Is amazing. The fact that we tried to help that little boy from Sunderland still gives me immense pride. It’s secondary to almost all of us but to the few it touches directly it matters more than sport
Also I don’t think you’re allowed to call them hobos 😉

June 09, 2019, 08:28:17 PM
Reply #22

BlueForYou

Thought it was the title of a Courtney Love album

Those bleeding tramps
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

June 09, 2019, 08:35:24 PM
Reply #23

Bluedylan

If men had periods, all sanitary products would be free all over the world.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

June 09, 2019, 09:46:45 PM
Reply #24

Jamokachi

This is the same guy that described addicts as “the weak in our community”. Fuck him and his opinions.

June 09, 2019, 09:59:33 PM
Reply #25

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
This is the same guy that described addicts as “the weak in our community”. Fuck him and his opinions.

No idea what the first part of your statement is about but apart from the stupid title what’s wrong with the three questions he’s asked ? He hasn’t expressed a personal opinion he is simply asking a question, there may be some people that would to some degree be inclined to support Everton because of their strong community ties and charitable works, who knows unless you ask the question.

June 09, 2019, 10:22:01 PM
Reply #26

BlueBeagle

If men had periods, all sanitary products would be free all over the world.

How do you work that out then or are you just regurgitating some anti-male propaganda you've digested?

Both sexes shit daily, toilet paper isn't free.

June 09, 2019, 10:30:23 PM
Reply #27

Evertonian in NC

It's a trope for the right to say government support should be reduced, because private charity does a better job.

Then you see an example of FANTASTIC private (or semi-private), tailored charity work...and one has a pop at it and a "laugh" at those being served.

It's pretty gross, but I appreciate saying the quiet part out loud.  That's the one positive of the rise of fascism in the west, many people feel free to show their true colours.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

June 09, 2019, 10:52:12 PM
Reply #28

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
How do you work that out then or are you just regurgitating some anti-male propaganda you've digested?

Both sexes shit daily, toilet paper isn't free.

Eh?

Toilet roll is literally free in public toilets.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

June 09, 2019, 10:55:33 PM
Reply #29

BlueBeagle

Eh?

Toilet roll is literally free in public toilets.

Find a free public toilet these days for starters.

Free from a shop is it?