June 20, 2019, 08:45:38 PM

Author Topic: Hobos and Periods  (Read 2213 times)

June 10, 2019, 02:42:19 AM
Reply #60

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Nope.

Hard work and good choices over luck.

Ah, one of those are you? Ok
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

June 10, 2019, 02:44:38 AM
Reply #61

BlueBeagle

Ah, one of those are you? Ok

And you know what of my personal situation?

Ah, one of those that makes assumptions are you? Ok

June 10, 2019, 02:48:47 AM
Reply #62

Silas

NSNO Subscriber

Congrats on your good choices paying off you realise good choices and hard work don't always pay off though right? Sometimes life serves you a shit sandwich regardless

June 10, 2019, 02:52:57 AM
Reply #63

BlueBeagle

Congrats on your good choices paying off you realise good choices and hard work don't always pay off though right? Sometimes life serves you a shit sandwich regardless

Of course and I've been served my fair share.

June 10, 2019, 02:55:39 AM
Reply #64

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Of course and I've been served my fair share.

Yeah but some people are served a platter.

June 10, 2019, 02:58:18 AM
Reply #65

KoemansNumberTens

Never known somebody to moan so much on the internet.

What about me?!? I’m this forums biggest moaner

June 10, 2019, 02:59:56 AM
Reply #66

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
What about me?!? I’m this forums biggest moaner

Step aside KNT. I think somebody might be giving themselves a stroke before you.

June 10, 2019, 03:05:23 AM
Reply #67

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Shit I almost forgot.

In before the clique shout.

June 10, 2019, 03:09:56 AM
Reply #68

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber

I know nothing of your personal situation- but I was commenting on your rather dismissive comment which is hard not to make an assumption on (being only human). There are plenty of people out there who work hard, make the right choices but find themselves in poverty through no fault of their own. There are those born into situations and families that give them very little chance in life and are dismissed by people as ‘not working hard enough’ etc so if you are able to make such a glib response to my initial comment - which was used to try and lighten the tone of this thread - then you should consider yourself lucky that you have the personality and tools to be able to work hard and make the right choices

June 10, 2019, 03:11:05 AM
Reply #69

BlueBeagle

Yeah but some people are served a platter.

Try getting laid off out of the blue from a niche profession in the middle of December, 2 months after buying your first house at 20 whilst your Mrs is carrying completely unexpected twins and you've not got a penny in savings with no support available from elsewhere.

Wanna talk about that shit platter? lolol

That's not me crying btw but it's why I've got very little time for sob stories and prefer the 'get your head down and get on with it' school of thought.

June 10, 2019, 03:18:33 AM
Reply #70

BlueNoseMike

Try getting laid off out of the blue from a niche profession in the middle of December, 2 months after buying your first house at 20 whilst your Mrs is carrying completely unexpected twins and you've not got a penny in savings with no support available from elsewhere.

That's not me crying btw but it's why I've got very little time for sob stories and prefer the 'get your head down and get on with it' school of thought.

first house at 20? Case closed

June 10, 2019, 03:22:19 AM
Reply #71

sam of the south

Was your niche profession Chancellor of the Exchequer? 
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

June 10, 2019, 03:34:46 AM
Reply #72

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber

So you have little empathy for others who may not have the same ability to get out of situations like that or maybe have other issues affecting their ability to just ‘get their head down and get on with it’?

June 10, 2019, 03:35:08 AM
Reply #73

BlueBeagle

first house at 20? Case closed

Started an apprenticeship at 16 after leaving school, 4 years later had saved 8 grand to stick down on an 80k 2up/2down terrace.

Really not that difficult and a better alternative than living with your nan.

June 10, 2019, 03:36:08 AM
Reply #74

BlueBeagle

Was your niche profession Chancellor of the Exchequer?

No it was shagging your Ma up the arse every tuesday