September 18, 2019, 01:55:07 AM

Author Topic: Terry Venables to be New RS Manager  (Read 3452 times)

January 16, 2010, 07:43:54 AM
Read 3452 times

BootleBlueBoy

Was watchin SSN this morning and they had a betting pundit on (i think he does talk sports betting) talking about possbile replacements for Benitez in the summer, the regular names were mentioned Hiddink, O'Neil, Mourinho, then at 50/1, Terry Venables' name pops up! Apparently rumour has it that the yanks are lookin for a very experienced english manager to take liverpool back to their roots and to reconnect to the fans! He goes on to say the yanks have already been in touch with Venables represenatitves but it all hinges on when they can get rid of Benitez. At this point id pissed myself laughin, several times, I may have even done a little poop, he goes on to say that he could bring in a very unlikely ex-player as his assistant, i was thinking maybe barnes or daglish but, it could be anyone.

I cant see it meself, but i thought it might a least give u guys a laugh  :woohoo:
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 07:54:43 AM by BootleBlueBoy »

January 16, 2010, 11:11:22 AM
Reply #1

RICH

January 16, 2010, 03:45:36 PM
Reply #2

Chazman

Can't see this happening at all but it would be absolute class if it did
"I fuckin love this club"

January 16, 2010, 04:49:29 PM
Reply #3

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber

January 16, 2010, 04:54:13 PM
Reply #4

Gary Iceman

they cant afford to sack rafa. plus if they were to get hiddink n mourinho in.they would expect a bottomless pit of money, i honestly dont think they can afford a big name manager anymore unless some big oil tycoon or arabian prince takes over..myself i can see them being like us. hardly a penny to spend. oh god i would love that,lets see how they cope.
Alan Harper: "I made my debut at Goodison against Stoke and was standing in the tunnel waiting to go onto the pitch. Z cars started playing on the PA and I heard the crowd roar. If I could bottle a moment and save it forever, then that would be it.

January 16, 2010, 04:57:40 PM
Reply #5

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Holy Fuck they literally wouldnt stop moaning.

And imagine trying to get around if they are having those "marches" every other day

January 16, 2010, 05:03:52 PM
Reply #6

Derek

Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

January 16, 2010, 06:47:52 PM
Reply #7

Sharky

My dad (season ticket kopite :'( ) wants them to get Keegan. :snigger:

Three Lions on a shirt, Jules Rimet still gleaming.

January 18, 2010, 05:50:27 AM
Reply #8

Haile GAZrselassie

keegan would be magnificent.

been out the game wayyyyyyyyyy too long and it showed at newcastle.

hopefully there will be some sort of barnes/keegan/rafa triumvate to mount a march on the league in 2012.

the championship league.

if torres and gerrard fuck off, it might not be impossible for them to go down. im gonna stop thinking about it now. im getting aroused.
Stealth ya flaming galargh!!!

January 18, 2010, 05:59:30 AM
Reply #9

Gumpinio

if torres and gerrard fuck off, it might not be impossible for them to go down. im gonna stop thinking about it now. im getting aroused.

Without them two Liverpool don't look impressive compared to Villa, Spurs and City, but they'd still be much better than the teams lurking at the bottom.  Nobodys 'too good to go down' but some teams are less likely.

They're stuck with Rafa for the foreseeable future and its great :)
"There are no desperate situations, only desperate people."
"When we have lost everything, including hope, life becomes a disgrace, and death a duty"
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."

January 18, 2010, 06:02:07 AM
Reply #10

Endless, Nameless

They won't go down, but they could well become a mid-table team if the stars leave.

Honestly though, all I want is us to become a better team than them. I don't care how well they do in the future, just as long as we do better. It would be great to see Everton and Liverpool competing for the title like in the mid 80s. This is, after all, the most successful footballing city in England ;)
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

January 18, 2010, 01:31:54 PM
Reply #11

Pienaar's 6th dreadlock from the right

I bet it'll be their ongoing story about Dalglish and he'll get the job and do rubbish so the fans turn on him  :D  That would be great

January 18, 2010, 03:38:58 PM
Reply #12

.Rimbo.

they cant afford to sack rafa. plus if they were to get hiddink n mourinho in.they would expect a bottomless pit of money, i honestly dont think they can afford a big name manager anymore unless some big oil tycoon or arabian prince takes over..myself i can see them being like us. hardly a penny to spend. oh god i would love that,lets see how they cope.

They're either going to hope he leaves of his own accord, or may just decide it'd be cheaper in the long run if they get a new manager in and he guides them back to the CL spots. As for getting a new manager in, though, to salvage their season, it's a lost cause. Benitez is doing the best he can with those players; problem being, he hasn't half bought some shite! The squad just isn't good enough to compete when Gerrard and/or Torres are injured (and sometimes even when they're fit!). Bringing in a new manager would be futile IMO, in the short term. It would be better in the long term but most managers would struggle to turn their season around. As Gary says, what top manager's going to go there with all that pressure and no available funds?

As for the assistant, I must say I'm hoping for a Venables-Biscan partnership :)

January 18, 2010, 08:58:38 PM
Reply #13

Ong-Timus Prime

Venables - McAteer or Venables - Carragher
would be a dream combination
if you know yer history...

January 18, 2010, 09:40:19 PM
Reply #14

toffee_scot

Venables - McAteer or Venables - Carragher
would be a dream combination

Or a Barnes McAteer combination!