July 21, 2019, 09:51:02 PM

Author Topic: Malcom  (Read 7648 times)

July 01, 2019, 09:26:10 PM
Reply #15

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Ha, I hadnít clocked either of those things.

Although, if heís named after Malcolm X, why didnít they spell it the same way? 🤔

Maicon was named after Micheal Douglas.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 01, 2019, 09:29:32 PM
Reply #16

Bluedylan

Ha, I hadnít clocked either of those things.

Although, if heís named after Malcolm X, why didnít they spell it the same way? 🤔

Just one of those common mistakes I suppose, cos it's a silent 'l' in English, they must have missed it off his birth certificate.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

July 01, 2019, 09:32:50 PM
Reply #17

Tony Clifton

Wind up aside - we know we were on the verge of signing him last summer, before Barca stepped in. Now heís available and we are (as per McNulty, Prentice etc.) looking for a left footed right winger.

I still think Malcolm is the best (and most likely) option out there.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

Yep to this.  And its a shit attempt at a wind-up anyway.

July 01, 2019, 09:48:42 PM
Reply #18

sam of the south

Just one of those common mistakes I suppose, cos it's a silent 'l' in English, they must have missed it off his birth certificate.

Haha, I wish it wasnít silent, though, it would become my favourite name to say
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

July 01, 2019, 09:55:08 PM
Reply #19

Old England Toffee

its really common in latin america to adopt european names but then spell it like a spanish or portuguese word. Like Y instead of J in Yerry Mina.

July 02, 2019, 01:03:00 AM
Reply #20

Gumpinio

Maicon was named after Micheal Douglas.

I heard somewhere that Eljero Elia was named after Al Jarreau, just his parents had no idea how to spell it
"There are no desperate situations, only desperate people."
"When we have lost everything, including hope, life becomes a disgrace, and death a duty"
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."

July 02, 2019, 03:45:37 AM
Reply #21

Simon Paul

Administrator
Gutted he's a winger like

July 02, 2019, 04:13:32 AM
Reply #22

Jacko4468

Would you rather he was in the middle?

July 05, 2019, 11:53:39 PM
Reply #23

KoemansNumberTens

Reports that heís on his way to arsenal on a year loan with an obligation to buy

July 06, 2019, 12:01:39 AM
Reply #24

D15TIN

Reports that he’s on his way to arsenal on a year loan with an obligation to buy
you just know we'll regret this is in 12 months if he goes to arsenal

July 06, 2019, 12:02:39 AM
Reply #25

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
you just know we'll regret this is in 12 months if he goes to arsenal

How can we regret something completely out of our control?

July 06, 2019, 12:45:44 AM
Reply #26

D15TIN

How can we regret something completely out of our control?
Regret if we don't move for him? Obviously

July 06, 2019, 12:49:55 AM
Reply #27

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Regret if we don't move for him? Obviously

How on earth do you know if we have or will move for him though? If he is the plans of the club?

This is what pisses me off, you dont know...yet people will be up in arms when players go elsewhere because they read on a tweet that we MAY be interested.
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lŠ Everton!

July 06, 2019, 12:52:35 AM
Reply #28

D15TIN

How on earth do you know if we have or will move for him though? If he is the plans of the club?

This is what pisses me off, you dont know...yet people will be up in arms when players go elsewhere because they read on a tweet that we MAY be interested.
Whose up in arms here like?

I'm saying we'll regret it if we don't move for him and arsenal get him and he does well there. We bid for him last summer only for barca to come in last minute, we'll be interested

July 06, 2019, 01:07:37 AM
Reply #29

Waltzer

Whose up in arms here like?

I'm saying we'll regret it if we don't move for him and arsenal get him and he does well there. We bid for him last summer only for barca to come in last minute, we'll be interested
Arsenal have a lot of problems and none of them are really that end of the pitch, if they want to spunk what little money they have on that area in fine with it. It's when they start buying defenders that we need to be worried. Don't know enough about him to say whether he is the answer our problems, but I think we're in desperate need of a number 9 and I don't think he's that?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app