September 18, 2019, 12:26:49 PM

Author Topic: Kariobangi Sharks  (Read 2722 times)

July 09, 2019, 03:00:03 AM
Reply #60

Toddacelli

True but it was probably about 30p to get in so not the most lucrative pre-season/exhibition ties. Still. A good deed done and all that, inspiring the next gen.

Pretty sure #EvertonInKenya was more about making friends than making money. And getting involved with DFID and supporting the Kenyan 'Let Our Girls Succeed' programme.

A win would, perhaps, have been the icing on the cake at the most - but it was no real measure of the true success we had out there.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

July 09, 2019, 03:11:59 AM
Reply #61

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
It was a contractual obligation that no doubt made sportspesa money and helped increase the status of the cup competition, and no doubt ryzantzev or whoever will see it as a way into an emerging market, but there's no way this was about charity or our own commercial operations beyond the sportpesa deal.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 01:36:30 PM by brap2 »
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 09, 2019, 04:16:13 AM
Reply #62

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
It was a contractual obligation that no doubt made sportsmesa money and helped increase the status of the cup competition, and no doubt ryzantzev or whoever will see it as a way into an emerging market, but there's no way this was about charity or our own commercial operations beyond the sportpesa deal.

Of course it was a contractual obligation, quite normal that the sponsor gets something in return otherwise why would you sponsor ? It increased our exposure/status on the African continent, what’s wrong with that ?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 01:31:20 PM by Escla »

July 09, 2019, 01:36:16 PM
Reply #63

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Of course it was a contractual obligation, quite normal that the sponsor gets something in return otherwise why would you sponsor ? It increased our exposure/status on the African continent, what’s wrong with that ?

Oh no issue with it beyond the normal stuff, I was responding to Todd's post that it was more about making friends than money.

Might be a master stroke in increasing our exposure rather than doing money spinning tours in the US or Asia. I mean, probably not, but maybe.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 09, 2019, 01:45:56 PM
Reply #64

Toddacelli

Oh no issue with it beyond the normal stuff, I was responding to Todd's post that it was more about making friends than money.

Might be a master stroke in increasing our exposure rather than doing money spinning tours in the US or Asia. I mean, probably not, but maybe.

Some of the stuff I saw with us handing out loads of Everton branded gear (tops, bags, balls) just struck me as "This is the business angle for us. Not just making friends, doing good and then fading as a memory - but leaving stuff behind to help people remember the brand and what it was like when Everton brought their Premier League superstars to town."

Get in there - do the good stuff - but make sure it's remembered.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates