July 21, 2019, 09:58:20 PM

Author Topic: Moise Kean  (Read 10855 times)

Bigstickytoffee, Walnutblue, penguinofdoom1878, pedrotheblue and 15 Guests are viewing this topic.

July 09, 2019, 09:13:20 PM
Reply #30

Evertonian in NC

I also would want to make sure we get at least 2 seasons out of him (unless we decide to sell).  A 1-year loan with us bearing most of the risk doesn't sound promising to me.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

July 09, 2019, 09:18:28 PM
Reply #31

Waltzer

Makes it a massive risk. Very little upside and loads of downside.
It's a really shit deal is that. He wouldn't have to improve by much for us to lose him again

If we are paying 31 then it should be 50-55 million the buyback.
It's where we are atm, it might be structured in a way similar to Gerry, first year is 40, then 50,60 etc. You also have to take into account he would want to go back. It's not easy getting a 20+ striker a year, but if he's it it's a price worth paying. We have only really had Lukaku for the last god knows how many years who was prolific, so 1 or 2 years of Kean would be decent if he replicates anything like that, if only effectively on loan.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

July 09, 2019, 09:19:08 PM
Reply #32

Macca77

Nah, this needs fucking off

July 09, 2019, 09:21:06 PM
Reply #33

BlueNoseMike

It's where we are atm, it might be structured in a way similar to Gerry, first year is 40, then 50,60 etc. You also have to take into account he would want to go back. It's not easy getting a 20+ striker a year, but if he's it it's a price worth paying. We have only really had Lukaku for the last god knows how many years who was prolific, so 1 or 2 years of Kean would be decent if he replicates anything like that, if only effectively on loan.

He's unlikely to be the 20 goal man though. And if he was he'd be gone after a year

July 09, 2019, 09:27:07 PM
Reply #34

Waltzer

He's unlikely to be the 20 goal man though. And if he was he'd be gone after a year
So what's the issue then?

July 09, 2019, 09:30:13 PM
Reply #35

Evertonian in NC

We want to build continuity, with more than a "band aid" solution.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

July 09, 2019, 09:35:40 PM
Reply #36

Silas

NSNO Subscriber

Do they know its Chrismoise Kean at all?

July 09, 2019, 09:38:59 PM
Reply #37

Waltzer

We're not real or Barca, if a team wants Richarlison, Gomes, Digne, Pickford they will go, we might get more for them, but they'll go. There is no real continuity even when you reach those levels, things move on and you deal with the here and now.
If we did this rumored deal and he fired us to the champions league do you not think we'd be in a much better position to buy out right a striker of that quality?
Gomes was a band aid solution but just cause he did well for us it doesn't mean he's good enough at that elite level, like Juve are in, therefor we kept him. It's about this season, not 4 or 5 down the line imo.

July 09, 2019, 09:42:11 PM
Reply #38

Evertonian in NC

Gomes was more a "try before you buy" type deal.  I think the intent was always to make this permanent if things worked out.

Like I said before, I'd be fine with 2 years.  1 just seems like you go through all the work to get the player integrated, then he goes straight away.

Ideally, we get a good 3 years with attacking talent, like we did with Lukaku.

July 09, 2019, 09:44:35 PM
Reply #39

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
It's a weird deal because it's potentially short term gain but for a young player, pretty much what happened with Lukaku but without a big sell on possibility. I'm not against him coming but the deal sounds a bit shit unless silva really believes he will do the business for us over a few years and kick us on

I don't really see it as a shit deal, if you're talking about a buy back. As for them to trigger it would mean he's likely had a really good run here. It's not the ideal position to be in for every transfer, but it's acceptable for some of these deals that are based on potential. It also helps set us up as a platform for other players to do similar and then we get the next deal for another player with potential.

Once we've established ourselves, we then also put ourselves in a stronger position longer term to push back on a buyback, or have it be limited to a short time frame. So maybe they have the option to buyback within the first season or two, but if they don't then he's ours permanently.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 09:46:48 PM by blueToffee »

July 09, 2019, 09:50:51 PM
Reply #40

Tony Clifton

You're on a roll here lolol

Heard his arl fella wants a combine harvester as part of the deal...
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 09:55:36 PM by Tony Clifton »

July 09, 2019, 09:57:12 PM
Reply #41

D15TIN

HAHAHA

July 09, 2019, 10:08:58 PM
Reply #42

Macca77

And the winner of the internet is............

July 09, 2019, 10:09:14 PM
Reply #43

KoemansNumberTens

I donít think itís where we are at at the moment. We desperately need a new starting striker. To take a young 1 with so few minutes is a big risk. To commit 31 million to it is a big risk. Both of which Iím fine with because thereís also a big upside. Only if he does okay we lose him for a small profit? So itís now all risk no reward. Deulofeu was different because the outlay was small

Iíd sooner we pay them a couple of million for a loan and use our 31m for a player that we can develop and profit from. A player we have some say in when he leaves

July 09, 2019, 10:11:02 PM
Reply #44

KoemansNumberTens

So what's the issue then?

The issue is thereís a chance heíll fail and weíll be stuck with him. The problem isnít we make 9m in a year and lose him. The problem is thatís the best outcome