July 21, 2019, 10:04:04 PM

Author Topic: Moise Kean  (Read 10873 times)

Mouse, Dartfordblue, Bigstickytoffee, Walnutblue, penguinofdoom1878, pedrotheblue and 19 Guests are viewing this topic.

July 09, 2019, 10:42:55 PM
Reply #45

Shogun

Administrator
Do they know its Chrismoise Kean at all?

Could be your golden NSNO moment this mate, congratulations!
I never claimed to be a saint

July 09, 2019, 10:53:30 PM
Reply #46

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
So all the risk of a normal transfer, including a huge chunk of our budget, but none of the reward?

Excellent, very glad we got this Brands guy in we are revolutionised.

One of the factors to be considered is are we getting access to a player that we consider to be of such a level, that without this deal we wouldn’t be able to get? Therefore the reduction in upside (less profit) is outweighed by having an uplift in performance (compared to other options/ players we have).

I’m also assuming that such a deal would imply that we have confidence that he’s not going to bomb completely.

July 09, 2019, 11:22:49 PM
Reply #47

Waltzer

The issue is there's a chance he'll fail and we'll be stuck with him. The problem isn't we make 9m in a year and lose him. The problem is that's the best outcome
If this whole thing is true its clearly something Silva, Brands and Moshiri are happy to do, therefor so am I.
And also, that best outcome would still be favorable for us other than the 9 million, as we'd have had a striker tearing it up this season

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

July 09, 2019, 11:22:57 PM
Reply #48

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Could be your golden NSNO moment this mate, congratulations!

10 plus years in the making

July 09, 2019, 11:27:37 PM
Reply #49

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
One of the factors to be considered is are we getting access to a player that we consider to be of such a level, that without this deal we wouldn’t be able to get? Therefore the reduction in upside (less profit) is outweighed by having an uplift in performance (compared to other options/ players we have).

I’m also assuming that such a deal would imply that we have confidence that he’s not going to bomb completely.

Of course, we are basically saying OK real talk we can't attract a future superstar but can take one off your hands to develop temporarily.

As convinced as we may be, and I do think he is a future star, there's no such thing as a sure thing.

For me the £10m upside off the back of what must be a significant chunk of our transfer budget isn't worth it. Part of this is also my own anxiety that this isn't how a' big club' acts and we are getting mugged off taking 30m of risk for someone else... But if we get to the last few days of the window I've no doubt I'd bite your arm off.

You'd struggle to convince me at any point however that £30m+ can't be better spent to turn over more than £10m of profit in today's market. I might get desperate enough to take the temporary talent, but I won't accept its a good deal.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 09, 2019, 11:50:47 PM
Reply #50

gizzblue

Honestly anyone would think this is fm19 .....at the end of the day Brands (won't have his pants pulled down for no cunt) has the edge over every single moaning git about our finances ...also any so called deal is pure speculation at best ,

But if that's what the people in charge want .....I trust them way more than the nsno forum ffp  team . lolol.
Born not made a blue .

July 10, 2019, 12:00:51 AM
Reply #51

Lxxx

Lot of people getting their knickers in a twist about a hypothetical deal that no-one knows anything about.

July 10, 2019, 12:15:33 AM
Reply #52

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Have heard talk of It maybe being a 2 year until they can activate it, in which case its an unequivocal yes from me.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 10, 2019, 12:32:47 AM
Reply #53

KoemansNumberTens

If this whole thing is true its clearly something Silva, Brands and Moshiri are happy to do, therefor so am I.
And also, that best outcome would still be favorable for us other than the 9 million, as we'd have had a striker tearing it up this season

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

Honestly anyone would think this is fm19 .....at the end of the day Brands (won't have his pants pulled down for no cunt) has the edge over every single moaning git about our finances ...also any so called deal is pure speculation at best ,

But if that's what the people in charge want .....I trust them way more than the nsno forum ffp  team . lolol.

This is how a forum works. We comment on the decisions and performances of people infinitely more qualified than ourselves. Wouldn’t be much chat if we all just said he knows more than me or he’s better at football than me. Is that what you’re suggesting?

July 10, 2019, 12:38:20 AM
Reply #54

mikey_blue

Go on then.

July 10, 2019, 12:42:57 AM
Reply #55

gizzblue

This is how a forum works. We comment on the decisions and performances of people infinitely more qualified than ourselves. Wouldn’t be much chat if we all just said he knows more than me or he’s better at football than me. Is that what you’re suggesting?

I knew you would reply as I wrote 'moaning git' but it wasn't solely directed at you either buddy ....also thanks for the internet lesson   lolol
But you also realise no amount of moaning about 'everything'will change anybodies mind at the club ... that's not how life works . (Not being a cunt here just returning a favour in the form of a life lesson ) :thumbsup:
Born not made a blue .

July 10, 2019, 12:43:42 AM
Reply #56

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Don't see any truth in this one at all
Makes little sense
Simply simply lovely

July 10, 2019, 01:24:32 AM
Reply #57

van der Meyde

Of course, we are basically saying OK real talk we can't attract a future superstar but can take one off your hands to develop temporarily.

As convinced as we may be, and I do think he is a future star, there's no such thing as a sure thing.

For me the £10m upside off the back of what must be a significant chunk of our transfer budget isn't worth it. Part of this is also my own anxiety that this isn't how a' big club' acts and we are getting mugged off taking 30m of risk for someone else... But if we get to the last few days of the window I've no doubt I'd bite your arm off.

You'd struggle to convince me at any point however that £30m+ can't be better spent to turn over more than £10m of profit in today's market. I might get desperate enough to take the temporary talent, but I won't accept its a good deal.
The upside isn’t limited to £10m profit.

If he’s actually good enough to be, for example, a 15-20 goal a season striker then the upside can include European qualification and the money that brings, increased profile by having top attacking talent, increased opportunity to attract better players over the next couple of years by having a better team etc.

We do still need to have an element of short term thinking to keep us an attractive proposition. If Kean is who Brands/Silva is the best forward we can attract at this point, then I don’t think a buy back clause should stop us going for it personally.

July 10, 2019, 01:48:11 AM
Reply #58

Toddacelli

Hold up!

I think I've never understood buy-back clauses!

I thought a buy-back clause was that IF we want to sell at a point in the future - the previous club gets first option at a pre-agreed rate.
NOT that they could take him back at any time they want 😔

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

July 10, 2019, 01:57:36 AM
Reply #59

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Hold up!

I think I've never understood buy-back clauses!

I thought a buy-back clause was that IF we want to sell at a point in the future - the previous club gets first option at a pre-agreed rate.
NOT that they could take him back at any time they want
Can be either or
Deulefou was a set price at year 1, year 2 etc and barca had the right to say we want him

This sounds similar
Simply simply lovely