July 21, 2019, 09:44:36 PM

Author Topic: Moise Kean  (Read 10819 times)

Dr. Sponge, Hawkandro and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

July 10, 2019, 01:58:15 AM
Reply #60

Toddacelli

Can be either or
Deulefou was a set price at year 1, year 2 etc and barca had the right to say we want him

This sounds similar

Cheers bro x

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

July 10, 2019, 02:03:28 AM
Reply #61

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
The upside isn’t limited to £10m profit.

If he’s actually good enough to be, for example, a 15-20 goal a season striker then the upside can include European qualification and the money that brings, increased profile by having top attacking talent, increased opportunity to attract better players over the next couple of years by having a better team etc.

We do still need to have an element of short term thinking to keep us an attractive proposition. If Kean is who Brands/Silva is the best forward we can attract at this point, then I don’t think a buy back clause should stop us going for it personally.

Fully get that but it's still us taking the risk with a not insignificant amount of money that we could gamble better and I think a big part of me not liking it is that I feel this is a PSV style deal e.g angelino and we are Everton, not PSV who are happy to develop a quality young player then sell him for change.

But maybe we should be more like PSV, and like I say above, two years is more comfortable as we're not just back in the same position this time next year, we get 2 years of potential CL talent which I can live with.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 10, 2019, 02:13:39 AM
Reply #62

van der Meyde

Fully get that but it's still us taking the risk with a not insignificant amount of money that we could gamble better and I think a big part of me not liking it is that I feel this is a PSV style deal e.g angelino and we are Everton, not PSV who are happy to develop a quality young player then sell him for change.

But maybe we should be more like PSV, and like I say above, two years is more comfortable as we're not just back in the same position this time next year, we get 2 years of potential CL talent which I can live with.
Does Lyon regularly doing these sort of deals make it more palatable? It wouldn’t be the first time we’ve done this too, as we did it with Deulofeu.

Find the idea that we could gamble better interesting though. Can we really? There are obviously players out there who we could get potentially better returns on, but that might also lead to more risk of it not working out...

July 10, 2019, 02:22:53 AM
Reply #63

mikey_blue

Does Lyon regularly doing these sort of deals make it more palatable? It wouldn’t be the first time we’ve done this too, as we did it with Deulofeu.

Find the idea that we could gamble better interesting though. Can we really? There are obviously players out there who we could get potentially better returns on, but that might also lead to more risk of it not working out...

Yeah. Man U have a buy-back clause on Memphis. I think its 35m they would need to give to get him back.

July 10, 2019, 02:41:08 AM
Reply #64

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

Yeah thought of Lyon too, and they are one of the smartest clubs around.

I would hope that we could spend 30m better than essentially a year loan of a teenager and 10m profit yeah.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 10, 2019, 04:14:15 AM
Reply #65

Jamokachi

Hold up!

I think I've never understood buy-back clauses!

I thought a buy-back clause was that IF we want to sell at a point in the future - the previous club gets first option at a pre-agreed rate.
NOT that they could take him back at any time they want 😔

That's called first option, not buy back.

July 10, 2019, 06:25:01 AM
Reply #66

stirlingblue

At this early stage in his career is he that much better than DCL or Richarlison?

July 10, 2019, 02:49:10 PM
Reply #67

Tinga

At this early stage in his career is he that much better than DCL or Richarlison?

Calvert Lewin isn't good enough for us, so yes.

July 10, 2019, 03:03:09 PM
Reply #68

Waltzer

Hmmm, are you implying you think DCL and Richarlison are the same bracket?

Don't know if he's better than Richarlison but id say he's significantly better than DCL

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

July 10, 2019, 04:32:33 PM
Reply #69

Lxxx

Hmmm, are you implying you think DCL and Richarlison are the same bracket?

Don't know if he's better than Richarlison but id say he's significantly better than DCL

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

I think he was implying that we would be buying potential to add to our other potential and we've no idea whether all this potential is gong to realised. With Richarlison it looks like it is coming on but a front three of Kean, DCL and him could be amazing or infuriatingly unpredictable.

July 10, 2019, 06:27:39 PM
Reply #70

Jamokachi

Calvert Lewin isn't good enough for us, so yes.

Even if this wasn't a load of shit, it still doesn't answer the question as you're not addressing how good Kean is or isn't.

July 10, 2019, 07:57:38 PM
Reply #71

Tinga

Even if this wasn't a load of shit, it still doesn't answer the question as you're not addressing how good Kean is or isn't.

At the same age DCL scored 4 in the first team, Kean got 11. Different leagues though. DCL is also 22 now which is still young but you'd expect a bit more from him at this stage in his career for a team supposedly wanting to break into the top 4. 78 appearances and 11 goals to show for it is a pretty poor record.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 08:00:06 PM by Tinga »

July 10, 2019, 08:01:40 PM
Reply #72

Macca77

There is no way we can start the season with DCL up top

July 10, 2019, 08:12:13 PM
Reply #73

KoemansNumberTens

At the same age DCL scored 4 in the first team, Kean got 11. Different leagues though. DCL is also 22 now which is still young but you'd expect a bit more from him at this stage in his career for a team supposedly wanting to break into the top 4. 78 appearances and 11 goals to show for it is a pretty poor record.

His record is shocking and he’s absolutely not good enough for us or to be honest most premier league teams. 6 league goals last season and people think he’s good enough for a side with ambitions to chase down 1 of the top 6.

July 10, 2019, 08:52:10 PM
Reply #74

gizzblue

Only a small fraction of DCLs games have actually been as a forward though ,it wasn't until Bernard and Rich came in that he started getting starts as an actual forward after we exhausted Rich there.
....I would also love us to get a world class striker in but honestly think people are selling DCL short here just because of goals the lad has quite a few strings to his bow and think/hope he will be here for a good few years yet .
Born not made a blue .