October 23, 2019, 03:09:41 PM

Author Topic: Delph??  (Read 21058 times)

July 12, 2019, 05:54:07 PM
Reply #165

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Really close this one

Hope there's something more exciting to follow because I have a feeling there's going to be a few twitter chenobyls over this one
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 12, 2019, 05:57:29 PM
Reply #166

Cereal Killer

July 12, 2019, 06:04:40 PM
Reply #167

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

July 12, 2019, 06:21:57 PM
Reply #168

Dr. Sponge

Hope there's something more exciting to follow because I have a feeling there's going to be a few twitter chenobyls over this one
Nice.. Chernobyl as a verb. I'm stealing that.

Sent from my SM-G960F using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

July 12, 2019, 06:26:10 PM
Reply #169

MmmblueBernard

Nice.. Chernobyl as a verb. I'm stealing that.

Sent from my SM-G960F using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

"going full on Chernobyl"
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

July 12, 2019, 06:33:40 PM
Reply #170

Bluedylan

Not majorly exciting, but I'll chill out, watch him play and try to assess him with an open mind. Who knows, it might end up being astute?

One of the things about reading old threads is that you realise we're all wrong with predictions/opinions multiple times, but we speak with such certainty at the time.

On Delph, I've decided to justify it to myself by thinking that Silva's after a strong utility player to cover a few positions to a good standard.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

July 12, 2019, 06:37:55 PM
Reply #171

Lxxx

He's also left footed so it'd be good to add some flexibility and balance to a squad that only contains two, so we'd be lacking if one of those picked up an injury.

July 12, 2019, 06:41:17 PM
Reply #172

Bluenose 91

Not mad on it but like others have said not every transfer is exciting.

Still firmly in the trust Brands and Silva mind-set on transfers too as they've all been pretty much spot on so far.

July 12, 2019, 06:44:44 PM
Reply #173

Gash

Global Moderator
Neither up nor down about this one. If he comes in, fine, if he doesn't, fine.

People are going on like this is our big summer signing, I'll be surprised if he's any more than a utility player being brought in to fill the squad up and hopefully replace two or three that we don't really need anymore. There's plenty of decent links to players (and not just Twitter rumours) to suggest that we've a few irons in the fire and by the time the season starts we're going to have some quality additions, it just takes time to both bring in and move on players. I'll be more annoyed if we still have a few hangers on than whether Fabian Delph is an Everton player.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 06:47:29 PM by Gash »

July 12, 2019, 06:48:26 PM
Reply #174

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Think I'm just bored of us making this type of signing on the regular without much to show for it.

Just strikes me as very lazy recruitment, and I still don't see the need for Fabian Delph in our squad.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

July 12, 2019, 06:50:28 PM
Reply #175

Shogun

Administrator
Our Gana replacement.

July 12, 2019, 06:51:46 PM
Reply #176

MmmblueBernard

1/8 with Skybet. Hands up whos been chucking cash at following Djangoes lead?
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

July 12, 2019, 06:53:41 PM
Reply #177

DanDan

NSNO Subscriber
Think I'm just bored of us making this type of signing on the regular without much to show for it.

Just strikes me as very lazy recruitment, and I still don't see the need for Fabian Delph in our squad.

I am pretty sure we need to fulfil our home grown criteria in our squad with allowing Jags to leave and looking at buying foreigners for the other positions in our squad

This was last years squad and some of those home grown are no longer here. I was surprised that Gylfi and Morgan are both HG. Maybe we are shifting Morgan or Mccarthy out

You can have 17 non home grown so you basically need a minimum of 8. Under 21s don't need to be included in the 25 man squad

25 Squad players (*Home grown)

Anicio Caldeira Duarte, Bernard
Baines, Leighton John*
Browning, Tyias*
Charsley, Henry William James*
Coleman, Seamus
Digne, Lucas
Galloway, Brendan Joel Zibusiso*
Gueye, Idrissa Gana
Hewelt, Mateusz Tomasz*
Holgate, Mason Anthony*
Jagielka, Philip Nikodem*
Keane, Michael Vincent*
McCarthy, James*
Mina Gonzalez, Yerry Fernando
Niasse, Baye Oumar
Pickford, Jordan Lee*
Schneiderlin, Morgan*
Sigurdsson, Gylfi Thor*
Stekelenburg, Maarten
Tavares Gomes, Andre Filipe
Tosun, Cenk
Walcott, Theo James*
Zouma, Kurt Happy
« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 06:56:47 PM by DanDan »

July 12, 2019, 07:13:24 PM
Reply #178

Robioto

Decent, yet unexciting signing.  He will surprise a lot of people who aren't on board IMO.

July 12, 2019, 07:15:26 PM
Reply #179

Macca77

Really close this one

Any idea of the fee?