October 14, 2019, 03:00:44 AM

Author Topic: Delph??  (Read 20699 times)

July 13, 2019, 03:15:25 PM
Reply #255

penguinofdoom1878

Tiny fee for a very decent, versatile squad player, although at £90k a week (he isn’t going to take a pay cut to join us) it’s a load of dough to splash on a benchwarmer. 

I just really hope he isn’t seen as Gana’s replacement.

If we also get in someone like Sangare, Kessie, or Zakaria then I will be more enthused by this signing.

yeah think you're right, the impact/judgement of this signing will depend on how the window finishes and who we have in the squad.

July 13, 2019, 03:18:33 PM
Reply #256

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Tiny fee for a very decent, versatile squad player, although at £90k a week (he isn’t going to take a pay cut to join us) it’s a load of dough to splash on a benchwarmer. 

I just really hope he isn’t seen as Gana’s replacement.

If we also get in someone like Sangare, Kessie, or Zakaria then I will be more enthused by this signing.

Who says he’ll get £90k a week ? He has £90k a week for one more season then no guarantee of anything
further, if signs a contract for say £70k for the next three years he has security, also there has been interest from other clubs home and abroad but apparently wants to stay in the North West.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 03:22:24 PM by Escla »

July 13, 2019, 03:19:43 PM
Reply #257

Lxxx

yeah think you're right, the impact/judgement of this signing will depend on how the window finishes and who we have in the squad.

No it won’t. It’s a sensible, experienced signing who can play in a number of positions for a good fee, regardless of what other business we do.

July 13, 2019, 03:21:31 PM
Reply #258

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
No it won’t. It’s a sensible, experienced signing who can play in a number of positions for a good fee, regardless of what other business we do.

Nail on the head !

July 13, 2019, 03:30:42 PM
Reply #259

sam of the south

Who says he’ll get £90k a week ? He has £90k a week for one more season then no guarantee of anything
further, if signs a contract for say £70k for the next three years he has security, also there has been interest from other clubs home and abroad but apparently wants to stay in the North West.

Sound, then
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

July 13, 2019, 03:35:12 PM
Reply #260

Toffee1

NSNO Subscriber
https://twitter.com/_pauljoyce/status/1149936347681120256

The comments section is full of Liverpool fans giving their opinion, whether it is wanted or not.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 03:36:36 PM by Toffee1 »

July 13, 2019, 03:39:11 PM
Reply #261

Lxxx

https://twitter.com/_pauljoyce/status/1149936347681120256

The comments section is full of Liverpool fans giving their opinion, whether it is wanted or not.

They are insufferable at the moment but to be fair they are champions of Europe and were very nearly champions of this country too. They’re a top team and we need to aspire to be reaching that level.

July 13, 2019, 03:55:21 PM
Reply #262

gizzblue

They are insufferable at the moment but to be fair they are champions of Europe and were very nearly champions of this country too. They’re a top team and we need to aspire to be reaching that level.

If your going to be logical and unbiased when describing the shite ....I'm out . :thumbsup:
Born not made a blue .

July 13, 2019, 04:43:55 PM
Reply #263

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

You’d think they’d have better things to bother themselves with than stuff to do with us then :)

July 13, 2019, 04:44:46 PM
Reply #264

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Depends on what his 3-year wages are.  That can still be crippling (if he is constantly hurt or ineffective).  I will give Brands the benefit of a doubt.

Injury always a risk with an elder player.

He won’t be useless though

July 13, 2019, 04:54:00 PM
Reply #265

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Injury always a risk with any player.

He won’t be useless though

There, fixed it for you

July 13, 2019, 04:55:26 PM
Reply #266

Lxxx

You’d think they’d have better things to bother themselves with than stuff to do with us then :)

This is what happens when you join a cult.

July 13, 2019, 04:58:58 PM
Reply #267

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
There, fixed it for you

Yes just meant that if you’re 22 and miss a year of your career you’ve got plenty of time to get over it.

If a 30 year old gets a bad injury that’s probably that.

There is more of a risk financially, rather than of picking up an injury.

July 13, 2019, 05:28:43 PM
Reply #268

blue1948

I think he will be a better signing than first reactions .It is hard to shine in the City team unless you are top notch and even then it is not easy .I am sure he will be good for us and a welcome addition to the team.

July 13, 2019, 05:31:23 PM
Reply #269

sam of the south

Yes just meant that if you’re 22 and miss a year of your career you’ve got plenty of time to get over it.

If a 30 year old gets a bad injury that’s probably that.

There is more of a risk financially, rather than of picking up an injury.

Unless you’re the Mighty Seamus Coleman ;)

Nah, I do love him, and he ended the year well, but he is on the wane.
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau