October 14, 2019, 10:27:09 PM

Author Topic: Delph??  (Read 20720 times)

July 14, 2019, 04:22:29 AM
Reply #300

Macca77

Don’t need to, it’s Delph.

It's not, they're completely different players

July 15, 2019, 12:49:37 AM
Reply #301

sam of the south

Who says he’ll get £90k a week ? He has £90k a week for one more season then no guarantee of anything
further, if signs a contract for say £70k for the next three years he has security, also there has been interest from other clubs home and abroad but apparently wants to stay in the North West.

We’re giving him a wage hike according to this (admittedly terrible) site

https://www.footballinsider247.com/everton-offer-delph-pay-rise-to-push-deal-over-the-line/
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 01:04:36 AM by sam of the south »
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

July 15, 2019, 12:59:13 AM
Reply #302

Paddockoldie

We’re giving him a wage hike according to this (admittedly terrible) site

I know, but we don't want him struggling do we? Food banks aren't the best way to welcome a new player.. Have some compassion eh?

July 15, 2019, 01:01:23 AM
Reply #303

sam of the south

I know, but we don't want him struggling do we? Food banks aren't the best way to welcome a new player.. Have some compassion eh?

Haha, agreed.

I was just replying to the lad who seemed convinced Delph would accept a wage cut to join us.
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

July 15, 2019, 04:17:14 AM
Reply #304

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Haha, agreed.

I was just replying to the lad who seemed convinced Delph would accept a wage cut to join us.

Where do I say “convinced” I simply offer a different scenario, But hey, if you want to believe whatever various rags print go ahead.

July 15, 2019, 01:25:42 PM
Reply #305

sam of the south

Where do I say “convinced” I simply offer a different scenario, But hey, if you want to believe whatever various rags print go ahead.

You seemed pretty sure he’d be in a weak negotiating position when replying to my post, where I’d mused that he’d be unlikely to accept a wage cut on his weekly £90k to come and join us. I was just showing you a link that believes he’ll actually be getting a wage increase.

I don’t necessarily believe ‘rags’ at all (as I pointed out, it’s a shit website) but I also don’t have to agree with everything you type.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 02:34:15 PM by sam of the south »
Henry David Thoreau

July 15, 2019, 01:33:51 PM
Reply #306

TrevorSteven

You seemed pretty sure he’d be in a weak negotiating position when replying to my post, where I’d mused that he’d be unlikely to accept a wage cut on his weekly £90k to come and join us. I was just showing you a link that believes he’ll actually be getting a wage increase.

I don’t necessarily believe ‘rags’ at all (as I pointed it, it’s a shit website) but I also don’t have to agree with everything you type.

And as you disagree with this I disagree with the argument beeing a different player having anything to do with Delph beeing a replacement for Gueye.

Delph is more of a hard-working midfielder than a creative or dictating the play kind of midfielder. Anyone actually think he is signed to compete with Gomes or Sigurdsson?😳

July 15, 2019, 01:36:59 PM
Reply #307

sam of the south

And as you disagree with this I disagree with the argument beeing a different player having anything to do with Delph beeing a replacement for Gueye.

Delph is more of a hard-working midfielder than a creative or dictating the play kind of midfielder. Anyone actually think he is signed to compete with Gomes or Sigurdsson?😳

Yeah, he’s never really been a DM, but then again, neither has Gana, as he is best patrolling and breaking up play, rather than sitting, screening, and dictating the tempo
Henry David Thoreau

July 15, 2019, 02:50:30 PM
Reply #308

Morta75

Struggeling to understand this... Maybe Gana allready is sold? Only reason I can see for a transfer like this

July 15, 2019, 04:50:01 PM
Reply #309

Waltzer

Struggeling to understand this... Maybe Gana allready is sold? Only reason I can see for a transfer like this

Its not just about playing time though, its the entire package. We've lost Jags leadership qualities and by all accounts Delph will bring this in spades, we dont have an abundance of natural leaders in the squad so i think he'll add loads in this area. I also think hes being under rated to a large extent on here and will contribute a fair bit this season. Most people ive discussed think its a great bit of business for the price, and I tend to agree

July 15, 2019, 06:11:23 PM
Reply #310

Mallo

Thought we were going forward not backwards
29 ?

Sent from my TA-1020 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

July 15, 2019, 06:13:37 PM
Reply #311

Bluedylan

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/07/15/manchester-city-fans-angry-by-update-on-fabian-delphs-move-to-ev/

Guardiolista 01
@City_Agenda
 Fabian Delph might not be good for City, but that does not mean he isn’t a good player. For £8m he is a bargain. An experience pro with leadership qualities that a young team like Everton needs.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

July 15, 2019, 06:34:34 PM
Reply #312

SANA_DR0

He's signing to replace Super Mo Besic.
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

July 15, 2019, 07:05:53 PM
Reply #313

Cozzie

His medical was today at 10 no?

July 15, 2019, 07:35:32 PM
Reply #314

Waltzer

Thought we were going forward not backwards
29 ?

Sent from my TA-1020 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app
So would signing Messi or Ronaldo be a step backwards to you too based on that? Judge the individual on what they bring and offer, not just their age.

And before anyone says it, no I'm not saying Delph is the same level as Messi or Ronaldo
Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 07:38:39 PM by Waltzer »