October 23, 2019, 04:24:47 AM

Author Topic: Delph??  (Read 21039 times)

July 10, 2019, 04:22:34 AM
Reply #60

sam of the south

It’s a Paul Power type of signing
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

July 10, 2019, 04:27:20 AM
Reply #61

Jamokachi

It would mean that we're definitely shifting some dead wood out of midfield, and that would be excellent to see. Intrigued to see how this develops based on that. Not really upset or made up with the prospect though.

July 10, 2019, 04:41:54 AM
Reply #62

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
It it went hand in hand with a few squad players leaving, I wouldn't be massively against it.

Not a sexy transfer, but might be one of those that turns out to be quite astute in hindsight.

I think it may have parallels to Barry.

July 10, 2019, 04:43:50 AM
Reply #63

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
I don't see anyone in the usual starting 11, but if you were 1 up at Anfield with 20 to go and had to bring on one of Schneiderlin, Mccarthy, Besic, Davies or Delph who would you choose?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

Big Morg
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

July 10, 2019, 04:52:23 AM
Reply #64

bluenuck

I think it may have parallels to Barry.

lol. @TheRam  is gonna have to come in to every page and shoot this down.  lolol

July 10, 2019, 05:11:31 AM
Reply #65

boothill

It's a Paul Power type of signing
How very dare you

Sent from my POT-LX1 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

July 10, 2019, 05:15:39 AM
Reply #66

D15TIN

In this order:

Schneiderlin
Davies
Besic
Delph
McCarthy
Dunno which Mo besic you've been watching. He's crap

July 10, 2019, 05:18:54 AM
Reply #67

Django

Not fully against the move, he's obviously a decent player if he's getting game time for the champions.

My worry is that if brought in as back up for our midfielders, when the time comes that he's called upon he'll be injured.

July 10, 2019, 05:34:22 AM
Reply #68

Shogun

Administrator
He’s not getting game time for the champions though.

His most useful position was at left back despite being a midfielder and he still lost that place to Zinchenko who isn’t a left back either.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 05:35:27 AM by Shogun »

July 10, 2019, 05:40:49 AM
Reply #69

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
I’m fine with this. Lots of tears over a 14mill squad player who will probably be vice captain after like 6 weeks. Not all signings have to bring the average wage down or triple in value. Some can be made for psychological purposes.   

We have some utter utter shite in the squad who shouldn’t be getting a sniff of minutes. This guy ain’t one.

Actually the more I think about the of the signings we made over the past 4yrs the more I think we deserve to go bust due to gross negligence, our board members should be locked up for being massively fucking gross.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 05:41:57 AM by Bob Sacamano »

July 10, 2019, 05:52:31 AM
Reply #70

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Oh. And Gareth Barry.

July 10, 2019, 06:23:23 AM
Reply #71

Elgoodo1978

He’s more of an Arron Lennon type of signing than Barry.  ‘Will do a job’, ‘know what your gonna get’, ‘presence in the dressing room’ ‘ultimate professional’ - a bit meh overall!

I think Barry brought a lot more than that during his time but did tick all them boxes as well

July 10, 2019, 06:30:22 AM
Reply #72

Dr. Sponge

I'm not disappointed with this signing if it happens, be brings a lot of positives.

Experienced, versatile, valued leadership, comfortable on the ball, good work rate and not shy of puttin his foot in. Our midfield has been crying out for some character and passion for a few seasons.

One negative from what I've seen is sometimes he can go a bit over the top, which I believe he is well aware of and Pep has told him to curb it a few times after the red cards cost them points.

Sent from my SM-G960F using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

July 10, 2019, 01:58:34 PM
Reply #73

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
He'll probably drop off a bit when you get him away from pep's special doctor, but he won't be playing that much, just those cover minutes that we don't need to waste 200k on in Schneiderlin and McCarthy.

Plus, covering Digne this year and next.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 10, 2019, 02:03:10 PM
Reply #74

Macca77

All aboard the Delph train

:Sick: