October 15, 2019, 08:27:20 AM

Author Topic: Delph??  (Read 20729 times)

July 10, 2019, 02:43:05 PM
Reply #75

Cereal Killer

Meh

Loan for a year or a couple of mill to buy, fills a squad place with some experience

Not every signing can be a top 22yr old prospect/talent

July 10, 2019, 02:44:21 PM
Reply #76

TheTone

Believe there's legs in this one sadly

a very dodgy pair of legs

I'm out on this one

July 10, 2019, 02:55:06 PM
Reply #77

mikey_blue

If we move McCarthy, Besic and maybe Morgs then I'd be okay with him in the team. Covers a few positions and has good leadership qualities. In that City documentary that amazon done, he was always shown to be a leader type figure.

Passes and progresses the ball well and has been coached at the highest level for the past few years. Wouldn't be adverse to signing him.

Deffo wouldn't sit well with me if he was up there with our highest earners and first name on the team sheet.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 02:56:42 PM by mikey_blue »

July 10, 2019, 02:55:14 PM
Reply #78

indiantoffee1975

There might be legs in this one because he might be an alternative choice to someone in a similar mould who Brands/Silva have already targetted and are working on but perhaps target A is proving difficult to get, not dead in the water and Delph is target B or even C.

I thought Brands stated they were only looking to bring in players between the age range of 21-24.

July 10, 2019, 03:10:13 PM
Reply #79

Waltzer

There might be legs in this one because he might be an alternative choice to someone in a similar mould who Brands/Silva have already targetted and are working on but perhaps target A is proving difficult to get, not dead in the water and Delph is target B or even C.

I thought Brands stated they were only looking to bring in players between the age range of 21-24.
I think that's the age range of our primary targets, but it would be pretty short sighted and you'd question his ability to do the job if he ruled everyone out over the age of 24. I hope he looks at every player based on the whole package, experience, age, cost, wages, potential sell on, value to the squad etc

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

July 10, 2019, 03:19:18 PM
Reply #80

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

Donít know where this comes from tbh.

Brands made quite a few older signings at PSV and has talked about the qualities an older signing can bring.

Moreno and guardado were two successes he had at PSV.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

July 10, 2019, 03:39:48 PM
Reply #81

D15TIN

Donít know where this comes from tbh.

Brands made quite a few older signings at PSV and has talked about the qualities an older signing can bring.

Moreno and guardado were two successes he had at PSV.

Came from brands mouth saying he only wants players up to 25, suppose the odd experienced player is ok

July 10, 2019, 03:48:38 PM
Reply #82

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Came from brands mouth saying he only wants players up to 25, suppose the odd experienced player is ok

Yeah, I recall that.

Makes even less sense this signing.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

July 10, 2019, 03:52:23 PM
Reply #83

Macca77

We haven't signed him yet, can only hope someone else comes in and offers him a better deal than us

July 10, 2019, 03:53:08 PM
Reply #84

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
That trust in Marcel stuff didn't last long did it
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 10, 2019, 04:04:13 PM
Reply #85

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
In the Echo, quoting the Metro  ::)

"Sources have told them the England international will have to force through a move should he wish to quit the Premier League champions.

However, they also declare that with just one year left on his current contract, City could be tempted to cash in on the 29-year-old should an offer in the region of £16million be tabled."

July 10, 2019, 04:07:07 PM
Reply #86

Dr. Sponge

I'm gonna put it out there, Delph is a good player and you're all wrong.

Sent from my SM-G960F using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

July 10, 2019, 04:10:59 PM
Reply #87

Macca77

That trust in Marcel stuff didn't last long did it

Still 100% backing him

July 10, 2019, 04:17:01 PM
Reply #88

Ramjam

Still 100% backing him
Me to, if Delph is the worst player he ever signs  Iíll be ok with that.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

July 10, 2019, 04:39:56 PM
Reply #89

Lxxx

£16m for a guy with one year left on his contract, who wouldn't be a part of your first choice 11, doesn't make much sense. I can understand the signing at half that amount but we'd be lucky to get £16m recouped if we managed to get rid of the rest of the midfield dross we have accumulated.