August 20, 2019, 08:00:02 AM

Author Topic: Delph??  (Read 15869 times)

July 10, 2019, 01:43:46 AM
Reply #30

Cozzie

Django has spoken so it's on I guess.

Not exactly a signing that's gonna give you a stonking erection but it's always good to have a Gareth Barry/James Milner style utility man in your squad.

Not TOTALLY against this signing but as long as we aren't giving him silly wages then it's not too bad.

Lets see how he does and how he is used first before labelling Brands a short sleeve top wearing numpty.

July 10, 2019, 01:46:29 AM
Reply #31

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Stop the Gareth Barry comparisons please, lads.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

July 10, 2019, 01:48:30 AM
Reply #32

Macca77

Squad player? Backup right back? Trying to get my head around this like

July 10, 2019, 01:50:39 AM
Reply #33

Cozzie

Stop the Gareth Barry comparisons please, lads.

True though. I was dissapointed when we signed Barry but he turned out great despite his age.

This wont be the last signing we will make.

Its crap like but lets look at what presumably hes been brought in for.

July 10, 2019, 01:51:05 AM
Reply #34

DanDan

NSNO Subscriber
Maybe we need an extra homegrown player in the squad too who will compete to be in the 1st XI.

July 10, 2019, 01:51:38 AM
Reply #35

Evertonian in NC

I guess the potential RB backup utility is good.  Otherwise...just meh.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

July 10, 2019, 01:55:30 AM
Reply #36

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Would rather play Besic.

Come at me!

One of the top 20 ball progressors in the championship last season, but mostly through driving runs rather than passing.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 01:56:47 AM by brap2 »
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 10, 2019, 01:56:25 AM
Reply #37

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Squad player? Backup right back? Trying to get my head around this like
Defo won't be right back back up
Simply simply lovely

July 10, 2019, 02:00:03 AM
Reply #38

Toddacelli

One of the top 20 ball progressors in the championship last season, but mostly through driving runs rather than passing.

Ed Zachary

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

July 10, 2019, 02:03:06 AM
Reply #39

Macca77

Championship is his level

July 10, 2019, 02:05:35 AM
Reply #40

Macca77

Finding it quite funny that some are panicking about us maybe signing Delph.

I include myself in that

July 10, 2019, 02:06:11 AM
Reply #41

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
True though. I was dissapointed when we signed Barry but he turned out great despite his age.

This wont be the last signing we will make.

Its crap like but lets look at what presumably hes been brought in for.

Theres no comparison for me.

Delph has played 57 premier league games in the last 4 years, at least half of those at left back.

Gareth Barry was an integral part of the Man City side that won the league and even in his last season he played 27 games.

We got Barry on loan, and eventually signed him on a free when we saw his quality. Were talking about signing Delph for about 14 mil here, and for what?

To be a utility player? Well we already have two left backs so I doubt well see him there.

Hes not better than any of our three starting midfielders, and Im not sure hes even better than Morgan or Davies.

Whats he bringing to this squad that we dont already have?

July 10, 2019, 02:12:16 AM
Reply #42

Cozzie

Theres no comparison for me.

Delph has played 57 premier league games in the last 4 years, at least half of those at left back.

Gareth Barry was an integral part of the Man City side that won the league and even in his last season he played 27 games.

We got Barry on loan, and eventually signed him on a free when we saw his quality. Were talking about signing Delph for about 14 mil here, and for what?

To be a utility player? Well we already have two left backs so I doubt well see him there.

Hes not better than any of our three starting midfielders, and Im not sure hes even better than Morgan or Davies.

Whats he bringing to this squad that we dont already have?

If it is true then Brands and Silva must see something.

Delph played a big role in Citys title win due to the injury to Mendy.

I agree it isn't the best signing just not the worst, not all signings will set the pulse racing.

July 10, 2019, 02:22:06 AM
Reply #43

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
If it is true then Brands and Silva must see something.

Delph played a big role in Citys title win due to the injury to Mendy.

I agree it isn't the best signing just not the worst, not all signings will set the pulse racing.

You make a good point with your last sentence.

I usually like this type of signing, but feel like were falling into a very familiar trap with this one.

July 10, 2019, 02:35:51 AM
Reply #44

Crackling

NSNO Subscriber
There's no comparison for me.

We got Barry on loan, and eventually signed him on a free when we saw his quality. We're talking about signing Delph for about 14 mil here, and for what?

To be a utility player? Well we already have two left backs so I doubt we'll see him there.

He's not better than any of our three starting midfielders, and I'm not sure he's even better than Morgan or Davies.

What's he bringing to this squad that we don't already have?
Maybe they see some leadership qualities in the squad that we've lost with Jags?

Not keen on it myself like.