December 08, 2019, 03:46:32 AM

Author Topic: Delph??  (Read 22233 times)

July 10, 2019, 02:52:34 AM
Reply #45

Macca77

You make a good point with your last sentence.

I usually like this type of signing, but feel like weíre falling into a very familiar trap with this one.

Agree with this, to me it's seems to be an obvious sort of signing, like when we got the likes of Neville and that from united

July 10, 2019, 03:14:18 AM
Reply #46

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Obvious isn't necessarily bad just boring I guess

July 10, 2019, 03:37:15 AM
Reply #47

Toddacelli

Who would he displace from the team?

Serious question - who is playing now that would sit on the bench for Delph?

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

July 10, 2019, 03:45:56 AM
Reply #48

Waltzer

Who would he displace from the team?

Serious question - who is playing now that would sit on the bench for Delph?
I don't see anyone in the usual starting 11, but if you were 1 up at Anfield with 20 to go and had to bring on one of Schneiderlin, Mccarthy, Besic, Davies or Delph who would you choose?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

July 10, 2019, 03:46:43 AM
Reply #49

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I don't see anyone in the usual starting 11, but if you were 1 up at Anfield with 20 to go and had to bring on one of Schneiderlin, Mccarthy, Besic, Davies or Delph who would you choose?

Schneiderlin

July 10, 2019, 03:55:39 AM
Reply #50

Juanito

Iím probably alone in thinking this is a good signing. I never thought he looked out of place in that city side and I donít think we can get away with just buying young players.

Like others have said, if he replaces Besic and McCarthy thatís not bad. We have also seen that Gomes canít play every single game.  He also seems to demonstrates leadership skills and is not that bad at passing the ball forward which we need from our defensive midfielders.

July 10, 2019, 03:56:51 AM
Reply #51

Toddacelli

In this order:

Schneiderlin
Davies
Besic
Delph
McCarthy

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

July 10, 2019, 03:58:52 AM
Reply #52

Trublue

Iím probably alone in thinking this is a good signing. I never thought he looked out of place in that city side and I donít think we can get away with just buying young players.

Like others have said, if he replaces Besic and McCarthy thatís not bad. We have also seen that Gomes canít play every single game.  He also seems to demonstrates leadership skills and is not that bad at passing the ball forward which we need from our defensive midfielders.

I agree, gives experience and depth to the squad. It's highly likely we'll lose at least 2 midfielders this summer.

July 10, 2019, 04:01:37 AM
Reply #53

toshyboy

Think Delph being massively underrated in here. Donít get the game time he has under Guardiola if u canít play. Donít think he excites people cos doesnít fit the usual brands demographic with age etc. This is probably one Silva wants rather than brands I think

July 10, 2019, 04:02:18 AM
Reply #54

Craig_1878

I understand most people's reservations with this one. He isn't the most exciting and there is a risk that he may well be a flop given his injury record.

I do think the pros outway the cons though. He is a useful player, brings bags of experience and covers a few positions. He is also a leader and I think that is a big positive with the loss of Jags behind the scenes.

...... Saying that I am an eternal optimist and thought Bolasie would be a good signing, so I am almost definitely chatting shit and to be ignored.
"Sunday Bloody Sunday. What a great song. It really encapsulates the frustration of a Sunday, doesn't it? You wake up in the morning, you've got to read all the Sunday papers, the kids are running round, you've got to mow the lawn, wash the car, and you think "Sunday, bloody Sunday!"- Alan Partridge

July 10, 2019, 04:08:22 AM
Reply #55

Juanito

I understand most people's reservations with this one. He isn't the most exciting and there is a risk that he may well be a flop given his injury record.

I do think the pros outway the cons though. He is a useful player, brings bags of experience and covers a few positions. He is also a leader and I think that is a big positive with the loss of Jags behind the scenes.

...... Saying that I am an eternal optimist and thought Bolasie would be a good signing, so I am almost definitely chatting shit and to be ignored.

I still maintain Bolasie was good for us and until that injury. That ruined his career. 

July 10, 2019, 04:12:03 AM
Reply #56

Bluedylan

It it went hand in hand with a few squad players leaving, I wouldn't be massively against it.

Not a sexy transfer, but might be one of those that turns out to be quite astute in hindsight.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

July 10, 2019, 04:13:04 AM
Reply #57

stirlingblue

In this order:

Schneiderlin
Davies
Besic
Delph
McCarthy

Oh come on, you canít really think Besic is better than Delph

July 10, 2019, 04:15:57 AM
Reply #58

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
If we were making this signing two or three years ago I wouldíve been all over it.

Not now though.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

July 10, 2019, 04:20:21 AM
Reply #59

KoemansNumberTens

Aside Rich (Marco solely) Brands has done a stellar job thus far and if he wants a mercenary in to cover tinkerbells minge (fairy muff) ,most of us won't see a problem I'm quite sure there wouldn't be many asking for his head over one transfer away from young hungry talent.

And I really don't want Delph either.

Is delph a mercenary?