October 15, 2019, 09:08:39 AM

Author Topic: Delph??  (Read 20732 times)

July 10, 2019, 03:55:39 AM
Read 20732 times

Juanito

Iím probably alone in thinking this is a good signing. I never thought he looked out of place in that city side and I donít think we can get away with just buying young players.

Like others have said, if he replaces Besic and McCarthy thatís not bad. We have also seen that Gomes canít play every single game.  He also seems to demonstrates leadership skills and is not that bad at passing the ball forward which we need from our defensive midfielders.

July 10, 2019, 04:08:22 AM
Reply #1

Juanito

I understand most people's reservations with this one. He isn't the most exciting and there is a risk that he may well be a flop given his injury record.

I do think the pros outway the cons though. He is a useful player, brings bags of experience and covers a few positions. He is also a leader and I think that is a big positive with the loss of Jags behind the scenes.

...... Saying that I am an eternal optimist and thought Bolasie would be a good signing, so I am almost definitely chatting shit and to be ignored.

I still maintain Bolasie was good for us and until that injury. That ruined his career. 

July 11, 2019, 01:27:43 AM
Reply #2

Juanito

Besic has the positional sense of a toddler.

July 11, 2019, 01:44:12 PM
Reply #3

Juanito

We're yet to see Silva really go for a 433, maybe because he hasn't got the players for it.

Delph is mobile and aggressive, as opposed to Schneiderlin who is stationary and pathetic, or McCarthy who is injured and injured.

Gomes
Gueye
Davies
Delph

Ideally one more, but I'd be happy going into the season with that, as long as we strengthen CB and striker too.

Sent from my SM-G960F using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

Itís also why I like the idea of Delph to give us the flexibility to play a 4-3-3.