October 19, 2019, 04:51:31 PM

Author Topic: Delph??  (Read 20880 times)

July 12, 2019, 07:18:49 PM
Reply #180

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Think I'm just bored of us making this type of signing on the regular without much to show for it.

Just strikes me as very lazy recruitment, and I still don't see the need for Fabian Delph in our squad.

If Brands and Silva feel strongly that he has a role to play then thatís good enough for me.

July 12, 2019, 07:24:29 PM
Reply #181

MmmblueBernard

"he could be our Milner" - what, be wheeled on after 70 mins each game to score the inevitable penalty we get when Salah/Mane (Richarlison) falls over again in the box.....
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

July 12, 2019, 07:25:59 PM
Reply #182

Lxxx

Three years playing/training under Guardiola he might well bring a different passing dimension to a midfield which was a bit too lateral for a lot of the season, especially at home when trying to break teams down. City always look to break the lines in their passing so if he brings that he may be an astute signing.

July 12, 2019, 08:34:12 PM
Reply #183

Gary1878

NSNO Subscriber
If this is true, I do worry that Gueye might be going. There would be little need for 5 CMs in the squad, and Delph could fill that position ably. However, he is no Gana and he would have big boots to fill

July 12, 2019, 10:14:59 PM
Reply #184

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
If this is true, I do worry that Gueye might be going. There would be little need for 5 CMs in the squad, and Delph could fill that position ably. However, he is no Gana and he would have big boots to fill

I think Gana is gone regardless of whether Delph comes or not.

July 12, 2019, 10:52:10 PM
Reply #185

Padga

Trying to reframe how I'm looking at this as a potential signing, because it does feel rather uninspiring.

I can get on board with Delph replacing Schneiderlin / McCarthy / Besic / all of them combined, however.

July 12, 2019, 11:03:28 PM
Reply #186

Cozzie

Love a bit of Django me.

Completely down the middle this signing for me, lets see how he does.

July 12, 2019, 11:59:07 PM
Reply #187

Fynci

Like everyone else it seems I'm not overly impressed by this signing (if it comes off).... however, a part of me does think this could be a 'Barry-esque' move when in a few years time we'll be wondering why we were worried in the first place.

July 13, 2019, 12:14:08 AM
Reply #188

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Maybe he's one of those players who you don't appreciate unless you see him week in, week out.

I don't really get this transfer though as yet. Just on the basis he's been a bit injury prone and about to turn 30 it seems a strange choice especially as he must be on decent money.

July 13, 2019, 12:58:34 AM
Reply #189

ajax_andy

Wages definitely concern me with this one... If we bring him in as a replacement for Gueye I really hope either Schneiderlin or McCarthy is also on the way out as we've got too many high wage players in that position

July 13, 2019, 01:14:24 AM
Reply #190

Hesmenos

Not the most exciting of signings but he is a really good player, the fact he doesn't play for City is more to do with the quality of players ahead of him than his lack of quality. His experience and versatility are a big bonus.
As far as his injury record, I know he's had some issues in the past but I think he has been fairly injury free the last few years. So maybe there isn't any serious underlying issue and if there is I'm sure it will come up in our medical. And I don't think he is on massive wages either. So unless he wants a wage increase it should be OK. He's not a player who relies on pace so I don't think his age is really an issue either (unless we offer him a 5 year contract)
The only issue for me is the price. Seems a bit high for a 30yo fringe player with 1 year left on his contract. But that's why we now have Brands in place, to decide whether he is worth that.

July 13, 2019, 02:02:02 AM
Reply #191

mikey_blue

July 13, 2019, 02:02:50 AM
Reply #192

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Like everyone else it seems I'm not overly impressed by this signing (if it comes off).... however, a part of me does think this could be a 'Barry-esque' move when in a few years time we'll be wondering why we were worried in the first place.

Exactly what I meant a few pages back.

July 13, 2019, 02:04:19 AM
Reply #193

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Maybe he's one of those players who you don't appreciate unless you see him week in, week out.

I don't really get this transfer though as yet. Just on the basis he's been a bit injury prone and about to turn 30 it seems a strange choice especially as he must be on decent money.

Heís the same age as Gueye, why on earth would PSG want a 29 year old ?

July 13, 2019, 02:06:34 AM
Reply #194

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah, would rather we didnít, but 8mil is sound really.

Flap on hold from me.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown