October 17, 2019, 10:03:25 PM

Author Topic: Delph??  (Read 20818 times)

July 12, 2019, 06:44:44 PM
Read 20818 times

Gash

Global Moderator
Neither up nor down about this one. If he comes in, fine, if he doesn't, fine.

People are going on like this is our big summer signing, I'll be surprised if he's any more than a utility player being brought in to fill the squad up and hopefully replace two or three that we don't really need anymore. There's plenty of decent links to players (and not just Twitter rumours) to suggest that we've a few irons in the fire and by the time the season starts we're going to have some quality additions, it just takes time to both bring in and move on players. I'll be more annoyed if we still have a few hangers on than whether Fabian Delph is an Everton player.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 06:47:29 PM by Gash »

July 13, 2019, 02:15:52 AM
Reply #1

Gash

Global Moderator
If it is only £8m then that's a perfectly good piece of business.

July 13, 2019, 02:19:38 AM
Reply #2

Gash

Global Moderator
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/07/12/everton-close-8m-deal-manchester-city-midfielder-fabian-delph/

The last part of this article doesn’t sound good.

It's not a big surprise, it's been common knowledge that we need to have a good clear out both to cut the wage bill and hopefully recoup some money, the latter might prove a bit hard though.

July 13, 2019, 06:23:37 AM
Reply #3

Gash

Global Moderator
The new ITK has slipped right under the radar there.

July 13, 2019, 02:58:45 PM
Reply #4

Gash

Global Moderator
Depends on what his 3-year wages are.  That can still be crippling (if he is constantly hurt or ineffective).  I will give Brands the benefit of a doubt.

Delph's wages won't be crippling. It'll come back to the same issue here, the wages we don't/can't get rid of will be a far bigger issue than what Delph earns.

September 02, 2019, 03:16:30 AM
Reply #5

Gash

Global Moderator
I hope we can keep him fit, looks a fantastic piece of business.