October 18, 2019, 12:54:29 PM

Author Topic: Delph??  (Read 20830 times)

July 10, 2019, 04:39:56 PM
Read 20830 times

Lxxx

£16m for a guy with one year left on his contract, who wouldn't be a part of your first choice 11, doesn't make much sense. I can understand the signing at half that amount but we'd be lucky to get £16m recouped if we managed to get rid of the rest of the midfield dross we have accumulated. 

July 10, 2019, 06:22:29 PM
Reply #1

Lxxx

So do we believe the echo or not?? I thought it was a shit rag? Yet here you all are losing your heads. Quite pathetic.

There is more circulating around the general media than just what's in the Echo. Even Django said it sounds like it has legs.

July 10, 2019, 06:50:03 PM
Reply #2

Lxxx

Im talking about the price. Not the fact we will prob be buying him.

The price is quoted across quite a few sites. Whether it's all from the same speculative source who knows but it's a figure that is being run with now. He's not worth that much so if he does go, to us or anyone else, I'd be surprised if it is for as high as that.

July 11, 2019, 03:47:02 AM
Reply #3

Lxxx

Wasn’t a bad buy at all. Should have been a profit in it for us but we are idiots and we retain them, carry on paying them til there’s no value left at all

Not sure he's done enough to warrant an increase in value on the £4m we paid. He's just been a poor signing.

July 12, 2019, 06:37:55 PM
Reply #4

Lxxx

He's also left footed so it'd be good to add some flexibility and balance to a squad that only contains two, so we'd be lacking if one of those picked up an injury.

July 12, 2019, 07:25:59 PM
Reply #5

Lxxx

Three years playing/training under Guardiola he might well bring a different passing dimension to a midfield which was a bit too lateral for a lot of the season, especially at home when trying to break teams down. City always look to break the lines in their passing so if he brings that he may be an astute signing.

July 13, 2019, 02:41:02 AM
Reply #6

Lxxx

£8m is a reasonable price and I can see why we have moved on it, even though it might not be a priority.

We’re a pretty young squad and although the trend is for younger players with resale value we need some experienced heads now Jags has gone and Baines is on his way out. He can also still play a bit too so it’s not like it’s a token gesture.

July 13, 2019, 03:47:38 AM
Reply #7

Lxxx

£30m for Gomes and Delph is pretty astute business in today’s crazy market and bolsters the midfield.

Bearing in mind it looks like we are getting £22.5m for Lookman to add to £14m for Vlasic means we’ve presumably got plenty left in the tank for a centre half and a forward.

July 13, 2019, 03:19:43 PM
Reply #8

Lxxx

yeah think you're right, the impact/judgement of this signing will depend on how the window finishes and who we have in the squad.

No it won’t. It’s a sensible, experienced signing who can play in a number of positions for a good fee, regardless of what other business we do.

July 13, 2019, 03:39:11 PM
Reply #9

Lxxx

https://twitter.com/_pauljoyce/status/1149936347681120256

The comments section is full of Liverpool fans giving their opinion, whether it is wanted or not.

They are insufferable at the moment but to be fair they are champions of Europe and were very nearly champions of this country too. They’re a top team and we need to aspire to be reaching that level.

July 13, 2019, 04:55:26 PM
Reply #10

Lxxx

You’d think they’d have better things to bother themselves with than stuff to do with us then :)

This is what happens when you join a cult.

July 16, 2019, 10:39:26 PM
Reply #11

Lxxx

I don't think it's as cut and dried as people make out.

He hasn't played much football the past few years so he may well have more left in the tank than many are predicting. We're not in Europe either so he won't be overworked. Players like this usually end up playing a lot more games than you think simply because he can slot into a number of positions.

September 01, 2019, 10:05:29 PM
Reply #12

Lxxx

Clearly see he's been well coached the past few years.

September 01, 2019, 10:36:09 PM
Reply #13

Lxxx

He's got the experience that we need in there.

My only concern is his fitness, as the huge difference between him and our other option there is concerning.