October 20, 2019, 09:35:08 PM

Author Topic: Delph??  (Read 20935 times)

July 09, 2019, 11:28:04 PM
Read 20935 times

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
If Mc Carthy, Besic and Schneiderlin go I could see the point, otherwise no

July 10, 2019, 01:29:49 AM
Reply #1

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Right join me in getting your head around this one lads.

McCarthy, Schneiderlin, Besic out, Delph in. Wages saved, depth and quality added.

Also as a lb he's better than Baines is now. And in a year when we sell Digne for 80m it means we don't need to buy 2 lbs straight away.

This is the only way it makes sense re midfield but it's a lot of outgoings to justify it hope he does a Barry and he's boss for us

July 10, 2019, 03:14:18 AM
Reply #2

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Obvious isn't necessarily bad just boring I guess

July 10, 2019, 03:46:43 AM
Reply #3

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I don't see anyone in the usual starting 11, but if you were 1 up at Anfield with 20 to go and had to bring on one of Schneiderlin, Mccarthy, Besic, Davies or Delph who would you choose?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

Schneiderlin

July 10, 2019, 05:58:07 PM
Reply #4

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
This is going to be one of them are he is boss for us and we all feel like dickheads

July 13, 2019, 02:16:39 AM
Reply #5

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
But if a no brainer for that price

July 13, 2019, 02:50:05 AM
Reply #6

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
We'll bring bigger names in but we are all painfully aware that are wage bill is being drained by players who aren't even in the squad. While we have Bolasie, Mirallas etc still taking a wage we can't expect lots of movement yet. It's why brands is working so hard to get them even on loan

July 13, 2019, 04:30:27 AM
Reply #7

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
The problem isnít so much losing gueye. Itís that he does almost all the defensive work in the 3 with Gomes and sigurdsson. Iím not sure them 2 work without gueye or someone with similar defensive numbers. If we replace gueye with someone more rounded then for me we have to replace at least 1 of the other 2 with someone who will make more of a contribution defensively

I think its clear if Gueye goes we have to alter how we play, there's no one really like him

July 13, 2019, 04:40:36 AM
Reply #8

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
This is true!

Nobody wins the ball like him except maybe Kante!

Ndidi a bit but not as many per game.

But... If not every team has one and they're not common then there simply must be ways around it.

The way round it is probably to let your defenders do a bit more progressive defending, we've got some good ball playing defenders who can step up and out with the ball. Let them do that and let the midfielders do more with the ball and less chasing.

July 13, 2019, 04:46:24 AM
Reply #9

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Got to sell Gana for 30mil.

We can be a better team without him.

Heís started to ball though. If he stays get him further forward and get Morgan as the DM.

I've always thought he's underrated on the ball but if he wants to go to psg the right thing is to let him go now.