October 14, 2019, 03:03:25 PM

Author Topic: Delph??  (Read 20713 times)

July 13, 2019, 03:25:29 AM
Reply #210

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Guessing Lookman and Gana will be the guys to go that will likely command decent fees.

Gana to Delph is significantly weakening the midfield so you would hope we are after another centre mid

If we  can get a top striker it could be a gamble that pays off
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

July 13, 2019, 03:26:04 AM
Reply #211

mikey_blue

Being reported as a 3 year deal as well. Much more digestible than a 5 year deal.

July 13, 2019, 03:47:38 AM
Reply #212

Lxxx

£30m for Gomes and Delph is pretty astute business in todayís crazy market and bolsters the midfield.

Bearing in mind it looks like we are getting £22.5m for Lookman to add to £14m for Vlasic means weíve presumably got plenty left in the tank for a centre half and a forward.

July 13, 2019, 03:48:54 AM
Reply #213

Waltzer

Guessing Lookman and Gana will be the guys to go that will likely command decent fees.

Gana to Delph is significantly weakening the midfield so you would hope we are after another centre mid

If we  can get a top striker it could be a gamble that pays off
Don't get me wrong id rather have Gueye but if you were looking for positives and he is seen as his replacement id say he is better at passing and if we are going to have more of the ball he might be more effective?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 03:50:04 AM by Waltzer »

July 13, 2019, 04:04:23 AM
Reply #214

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Needs to be Delph and another.

Like Delph, he's OK. Like Gomes, he's nice.

Both use the ball in a very similar way (Delph safer) so we still need a cm who can split lines and run a game.

Delph is good defensively, but he's no Gana.

So we need a top two way CM whatever happens..
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 13, 2019, 04:15:44 AM
Reply #215

youngysenior

Wages definitely concern me with this one... If we bring him in as a replacement for Gueye I really hope either Schneiderlin or McCarthy is also on the way out as we've got too many high wage players in that position
Why are you worrying...it's not your money.

Sent from my SM-G965F using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

July 13, 2019, 04:18:58 AM
Reply #216

KoemansNumberTens

Don't get me wrong id rather have Gueye but if you were looking for positives and he is seen as his replacement id say he is better at passing and if we are going to have more of the ball he might be more effective?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

The problem isnít so much losing gueye. Itís that he does almost all the defensive work in the 3 with Gomes and sigurdsson. Iím not sure them 2 work without gueye or someone with similar defensive numbers. If we replace gueye with someone more rounded then for me we have to replace at least 1 of the other 2 with someone who will make more of a contribution defensively

July 13, 2019, 04:20:54 AM
Reply #217

Bluerin

If Fat Sam made this signing there would be a proper fume.

July 13, 2019, 04:21:13 AM
Reply #218

dekko

Maybe Delph is just to be on the safe side, and by buying him we can gamble on a younger version of Gana. This way weĒd also have the time to ease this younger player in the team, or league.

July 13, 2019, 04:21:39 AM
Reply #219

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
If Fat Sam made this signing there would be a proper fume.

Haha what.

July 13, 2019, 04:26:49 AM
Reply #220

Trowel

Delph is younger than Gueye BTW (
Spoiler: show
by a couple of months
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

July 13, 2019, 04:30:27 AM
Reply #221

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
The problem isnít so much losing gueye. Itís that he does almost all the defensive work in the 3 with Gomes and sigurdsson. Iím not sure them 2 work without gueye or someone with similar defensive numbers. If we replace gueye with someone more rounded then for me we have to replace at least 1 of the other 2 with someone who will make more of a contribution defensively

I think its clear if Gueye goes we have to alter how we play, there's no one really like him

July 13, 2019, 04:31:54 AM
Reply #222

Tofeenut

Delph mri scan Tommorow at newton le willows !

July 13, 2019, 04:33:01 AM
Reply #223

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
by a couple of months

Digne is younger than Garbutt
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 13, 2019, 04:36:48 AM
Reply #224

Alanvideo

by a couple of months

............according to Wiki ,Gueye is 2 months younger than Delph .
We are special ,we are Everton.