October 21, 2019, 07:38:07 AM

Author Topic: Delph??  (Read 20948 times)

July 13, 2019, 04:38:44 AM
Reply #15

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I think its clear if Gueye goes we have to alter how we play, there's no one really like him

This is true!

Nobody wins the ball like him except maybe Kante!

Ndidi a bit but not as many per game.

But... If not every team has one and they're not common then there simply must be ways around it.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 13, 2019, 04:49:22 AM
Reply #16

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Ndidi more apparently

Not more overall recoveries, more tackles tho.

When you see total recoveries of all kinds, across Europe, Gana is a Messi-like outlier for last season.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 14, 2019, 03:23:31 AM
Reply #17

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Blast from the past Posters on there

Sensei!

July 16, 2019, 01:50:50 AM
Reply #18

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Flying to Switzerland tomorrow to join up with the squad, could see him against Monaco.

https://twitter.com/philkecho/status/1150813863245426689

How long before our fans declare him the new Paul Bracewell?

July 16, 2019, 02:05:50 AM
Reply #19

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
August 17

You know what I'm an idiot it's so obvious, it will be Peter Reid. Reckon we won't get through Monaco without it.

July 16, 2019, 02:15:07 AM
Reply #20

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Leeds away first game of 00/01 - "Lad Nyarkos a rolls Royce"

You don't wanna know how sold on Segundo Castillo I was after the Chelsea match.

July 16, 2019, 03:47:10 AM
Reply #21

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

July 16, 2019, 08:12:48 PM
Reply #22

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I'm feeling more and more that it's got Walcott-but-worse written all over it to be honest.

As long as we sign an actually good replacement for Gana then I won't be too upset.

July 16, 2019, 08:26:41 PM
Reply #23

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
How could it, at this valuation? Ok, wages might be relatively high, but at 8.5m, even if he was just 'ok' it would be solid business. I think he'll be a fair bit better than 'ok', and if it is, it's a massive bargain.

Walcott was lunatic money for his age, and clearly in decline as a player. No comparison there.

Anyone in the upper end of your wage bracket who's post-peak and locked in for 3 years would struggle to be a bargain I think. Let alone one with bad injury problems.

July 16, 2019, 08:38:14 PM
Reply #24

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Last season, struggled with injuries, and the season before that was pivotal to City's title chances. Even seen a few City fans suggesting he had a shout for player of the season that year, he was so important to them.

I think you're underestimating what a good player he is, personally, and I think at times we're all a bit guilty of thinking that real life is like footie manager where your first team are all world class 22 year olds, and then you have a whole raft of 17 year old wonderkids ready to come into the team.

Sometimes, it's fine to sign a 29 year old, as a one off purchase, for a small fee who will bring a lot of additional qualities to the team that we don't really have.

Just opinions anyway, and we'll see over time. But there's not really a comparison to Walcott. I'm not having that. The market gone insane when Lewis Dunk is getting quoted at 45m. 8.5m is not really all that far from getting him on a free, in that context.

He is a very good player, so is Walcott.

Doesn't change my point, and it certainly isn't without comparison.

July 16, 2019, 08:50:32 PM
Reply #25

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I get your point. I don't agree with it.

Agree to disagree.

Not even sure I do at the moment. Have flip flopped back and forth since the first rumour.

August 29, 2019, 06:47:09 AM
Reply #26

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Played well, relatively impressed

August 29, 2019, 09:27:14 PM
Reply #27

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Binned out the England squad I see haha

August 29, 2019, 09:30:38 PM
Reply #28

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Keane been jibbed as well hasnt he?

No he's in I think.

Just interesting that Delph the sub left back gets a game at cm but Delph the sub cm does not.