July 21, 2019, 09:45:14 PM

Author Topic: Nicolas Pepe  (Read 4441 times)

July 12, 2019, 04:15:47 PM
Reply #30

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I've been thinking about the richarlison up top thing a lot and I think you're probably right, it would mean we'd get more fire power into the side without risking losing the creativity of Bernard, and Richarlison is just so deadly thst having him in and around the box is ideal.

The issue with it is, and I'm not exaggerating here, Richarlison is one of the worst players in the league at keeping possession of the ball.

If you can teach him to be a bit better with his back to goal, you'd have one of the best young strikers in world football instantly.

If you can't, then we would get beat on the break constantly, as if he can't dribble you or win a foul off you then he's giving the ball away.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 04:17:36 PM by brap2 »
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 12, 2019, 04:16:41 PM
Reply #31

Juanito

If he's a left footed winger to play down the right, given the size of the transfer fee does this mean that it's our plan next season to further develop Richarlison as the main striker?

Richarlison

Bernard Sigurdsson Pepe

I can imagine if we sign Delph and him we could adapt to a 4-3-3 with three forwards interchanging and Richarlison or Pepe as the false 9. If Sigurdsson could sit deeper.

July 12, 2019, 04:18:38 PM
Reply #32

Cozzie

Love it but no chance at all.

July 12, 2019, 04:19:53 PM
Reply #34

Tinga

Really not a fan of the Richarlison upfront shouts.

July 12, 2019, 04:28:17 PM
Reply #35

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Really not a fan of the Richarlison upfront shouts.

Think he was a mixed bag when he played there last season, seemed to constantly appeal for fouls that he didn't get

Not sure whether he could develop into that position or not

Just seems that we seem to be targeting mainly players who you would associate with playing as a wide attacker/winger , making me think that it's either Richarlison or DCL as the main striker for next season
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

July 12, 2019, 05:04:06 PM
Reply #36

blue1948

I don't get this Richarlison in the centre shouts -he is not meant for that role at all.

July 12, 2019, 05:37:48 PM
Reply #37

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
I don't get this Richarlison in the centre shouts -he is not meant for that role at all.

Not saying he should play there....just speculating that this may be what Silva is intending given that a lot of our targets seem to be wingers
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

July 12, 2019, 05:48:45 PM
Reply #38

sam of the south

I can imagine if we sign Delph and him we could adapt to a 4-3-3 with three forwards interchanging and Richarlison or Pepe as the false 9. If Sigurdsson could sit deeper.

That’s a big old ‘if’ regarding Sigurdsson, brother
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

July 12, 2019, 06:41:22 PM
Reply #39

MmmblueBernard

Pepe is 8/11 fav to join Liverpool.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

July 12, 2019, 06:42:21 PM
Reply #40

Cereal Killer

Replacement for Mane

July 12, 2019, 07:06:27 PM
Reply #41

Macca77

The same Liverpool who according to the red echo arn't interested in him and won't be making any major signings the summer?

July 12, 2019, 09:52:53 PM
Reply #42

Paddockoldie

She wasn’t quite that level.

Although she did have a beard.

Now you're playing with my dreams.

July 12, 2019, 10:12:47 PM
Reply #43

sam of the south

Now you're playing with my dreams.

Swastika on her forehead and all
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them