Reply #1170

Dr. Sponge

80k seems fair.

February 15, 2020, 02:20:22 AM
Reply #1171

Shogun

Administrator
Bernard is on at least that
Finally found the thread where I said Deulofeu wasn't all that.

We will see in a few years where he is at. I'm betting he'll be at a worse club than Everton rather than at Barcelona.

Currently at Watford.

February 15, 2020, 03:52:27 AM
Reply #1172

Evertonian in NC

You're at around 20% of the best striker in the world pay on that.

Fuck, it's still only 50% or less of the best strikers in this country.

It's gylfi Sigurdsson money.

Yep.  Pay the handsome, stylish man!
"Pardon me, I have nothing to say." - George Carlin

February 15, 2020, 05:09:12 AM
Reply #1173

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
You're at around 20% of the best striker in the world pay on that.

Fuck, it's still only 50% or less of the best strikers in this country.

It's gylfi Sigurdsson money.

Lewandowski doesn't make 500k/week lol. Even if he did, I only said "approaching." Mane makes 100k/week; Aguero 230k.

i just refuse to believe we'd hand out those wages to someone who just tied his total goals from his previous 3 years combined. Hell, Richarlison is still on 90k/week, though not sure if his recent extension increased that.
Annoying some, pleasing others. Just being me, the GIF master.

February 15, 2020, 05:17:04 AM
Reply #1174

American Evertonian

Turned up at the new york supporters club. Nice one Lads

Damn. I live here. Maybe I should pay more attention to that
Are we there yet?

February 15, 2020, 05:40:44 AM
Reply #1175

Gash

Global Moderator
Lewandowski doesn't make 500k/week lol. Even if he did, I only said "approaching." Mane makes 100k/week; Aguero 230k.

i just refuse to believe we'd hand out those wages to someone who just tied his total goals from his previous 3 years combined. Hell, Richarlison is still on 90k/week, though not sure if his recent extension increased that.

Not trying to be smart here, but you like to quote transfer fees and salaries etc like they're fact but you do realise that Premier League wages aren't public knowledge (apart from John Arne Riise) and that most quoted salaries on the internet are at best rumours and guestimates? I know a lot US sports publicise contracts etc but there's no official source for Premier League salaries or transfers, a lot of transfer fees get announced but salaries don't and other than speculation none of them are released.

February 15, 2020, 05:49:46 AM
Reply #1176

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Not trying to be smart here, but you like to quote transfer fees and salaries etc like they're fact but you do realise that Premier League wages aren't public knowledge (apart from John Arne Riise) and that most quoted salaries on the internet are at best rumours and guestimates? I know a lot US sports publicise contracts etc but there's no official source for Premier League salaries or transfers, a lot of transfer fees get announced but salaries don't and other than speculation none of them are released.

Not to mention *extensive* bonuses that are v v rarely published.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 15, 2020, 06:05:35 AM
Reply #1177

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber

I do know that but you can pretty much triangulate to get close. Salary figures aren't kept under wraps to all, clubs reveal (team) wages in financials, agents leak shit, etc. I think you'd be surprised at just how much is actually known. There aren't countless sites that report on these things - some you actually have to pay for - for the heck of it or because they're a complete unknown. Smoke, fire, and all.

February 15, 2020, 06:15:56 AM
Reply #1178

Gash

Global Moderator
I do know that but you can pretty much triangulate to get close. Salary figures aren't kept under wraps to all, clubs reveal (team) wages in financials, agents leak shit, etc. I think you'd be surprised at just how much is actually known. There aren't countless sites that report on these things - some you actually have to pay for - for the heck of it or because they're a complete unknown. Smoke, fire, and all.

I think you'd be surprised at just how much is actually a guess. Don't get me wrong I know some of it is fairly accurate, I'm just suggesting that you maybe shouldn't quote figures to people like they're fact especially when you often tell people you won't believe something until it comes from an official source and Transfermarkt certainly isn't an official source. ;)

February 15, 2020, 06:24:26 AM
Reply #1179

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
I think you'd be surprised at just how much is actually a guess. Don't get me wrong I know some of it is fairly accurate, I'm just suggesting that you maybe shouldn't quote figures to people like they're fact especially when you often tell people you won't believe something until it comes from an official source and Transfermarkt certainly isn't an official source. ;)

That's fair, and I certainly can't disprove it. I just tend to trust in the "likeliness" of the data being close to accurate. I was looking into the methodologies behind several of these financials sites and they appear to be mostly research think tanks. They're data collectors. Big surprise that, I believe in data lolol

February 15, 2020, 12:05:41 PM
Reply #1180

howard1334

Damn. I live here. Maybe I should pay more attention to that
Do you ever go to Turnmill? Or Mr. Dennehy's before that?

Sent from my SM-G965U using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

February 15, 2020, 02:39:33 PM
Reply #1181

ajax_andy

Definitely doesn't deserve £100k a week yet... If he's on £30k double it to £60k, he'll be more than happy with that.  If he's still banging them in come 18 months time then it's time to talk a new contract on those terms.

People complain about our wage bill, then advocate £100k a week to a striker with one purple scoring patch, absolute madness.

February 15, 2020, 02:41:26 PM
Reply #1182

Jamokachi

Definitely doesn't deserve £100k a week yet... If he's on £30k double it to £60k, he'll be more than happy with that.  If he's still banging them in come 18 months time then it's time to talk a new contract on those terms.

People complain about our wage bill, then advocate £100k a week to a striker with one purple scoring patch, absolute madness.

No, people moan about our wage bill when it's tied up with players that represent no value.

February 15, 2020, 02:53:09 PM
Reply #1183

ajax_andy

No, people moan about our wage bill when it's tied up with players that represent no value.

It still all adds up though, it's crazy to give DCL £100k a week at this stage, the wage bill is a HUGE  issue, it's as daft giving a striker with one decent scoring patch £100k a week as it is Schneiderlin, purely because it's unnecessary

February 15, 2020, 03:05:44 PM
Reply #1184

KoemansNumberTens

Exactly. So maybe we need a longer run of form from him before we commit to making him 1 of our top earners for the next 5 years. We have a lad on 28k a week on loan in league 1 because he put in a couple of good crosses. We shouldn’t rush to very expensive long term judgements