July 11, 2020, 11:20:13 AM

Author Topic: DCL  (Read 78271 times)

Bluedylan and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

July 22, 2019, 03:55:28 AM
Reply #15

Simon Paul

Administrator
He came on leaps and bounds, in the last few months of the season. 8 goals wasn't too bad when he was not a starter for a long period. I expect him to score 10-15 this season. Hopefully the latter.

https://www.premierleague.com/players/9576/Dominic-Calvert-Lewin/stats?co=1&se=210

started 19 like, and came on in 16 others.  scored 6 in the Premier League.

was only subbed off 6 times

only games he missed were first and last games, and Cardiff at home in November

296 minutes per goal in the league

he needs a senior striker to help him develop still

July 22, 2019, 03:56:13 AM
Reply #16

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Joke.
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

July 22, 2019, 04:06:33 AM
Reply #17

Cozzie

I like him a lot but agree he absolutely cannot be our main striker next season.

July 22, 2019, 04:07:13 AM
Reply #18

Mayor Farnum

Played a big part in our post Christmas improvement.
Maybe we should take in what he brings to the team performance and not get too hung up on his goal tally.
If he continues in the same role I'd be confident he'd get ten from open play. If he's playing every week I'd like to see him on penalties to pad out his tally.
Something clever written by someone else.

July 22, 2019, 04:09:57 AM
Reply #19

Dr. Sponge

He's a big strong fast sexy bastard.

Sent from my SM-G960F using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

July 22, 2019, 04:14:32 AM
Reply #20

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Cant score. Everything else sound
Simply simply lovely

July 22, 2019, 04:28:10 AM
Reply #21

Lxxx

Itís no real surprise he got that shirt, there wasnít anyone else who could have had it. Heís the only striker we want to keep.

July 22, 2019, 04:54:54 AM
Reply #22

ally2

He's still getting better. Who knows how much better he will get. He has a really good skill set though no question. Needs to score more goals though, and we do need another striker to share the work next season.

July 22, 2019, 06:04:43 AM
Reply #23

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Hope he has a proper explosive season where it all clicks.

But obviously we do need a senior striker capable of playing in the prem.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 22, 2019, 06:29:40 AM
Reply #24

Hesmenos

I think DCL is a great asset for our squad. He's probably the best athlete we have in the team but he's not a top footballer. I don't think he has the footballing intelligence or the strikers instinct to ever become a top striker. And I don't know if these are things you can develop in a player.
He's definitely useful to have in the team and he's a handful for the defenders with his speed and strength. Maybe if he can improve his heading (he's great at getting his head to the ball first, just not as good at directing it or getting any real power behind it) he could get himself those 10-15 goals that we need from our striker.
I'm perfectly happy for him to wear the number 9 and really hope he can get those double figures this season.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 06:32:15 AM by Hesmenos »

July 22, 2019, 10:27:24 AM
Reply #25

Old England Toffee

(he's great at getting his head to the ball first, just not as good at directing it or getting any real power behind it)

Its always quite interesting to get a different perspective, as we (english and evertonians) can be very blinkered in positive and negative ways. I watched the u21 games with south american commentary and they were loving DCL. A couple of times he didnt direct a header on goal and instead of having a go for missing a chance (as lots of british commentators do) they were raving about how good his leap was, how he got so much higher than the defense and hung in the air. I reckon he will improve the timing of his jumps, angle of runs etc, and if we continue to have quality in wide areas I think he can be a really good weapon for us. GO ON LAD.

July 22, 2019, 01:43:31 PM
Reply #26

penguinofdoom1878

Cant score. Everything else sound

the Duncan Ferguson effect

July 22, 2019, 03:05:45 PM
Reply #27

gizzblue

Looks boss in the video keeping himself ready .....I have every faith he will be double figures this year .

https://twitter.com/CalvertLewin14/status/1153031235423408130?s=09

Big season lad.
Born not made a blue .

July 22, 2019, 03:53:47 PM
Reply #28

Lxxx

Fair play to the lad, he's working hard to make himself into a better athlete and that'll get you a long way. He also knows he needs to score more and get into goalscoring positions more often, as he admitted in his interviews at the back end of last season, so he's doing everything right. He just needs genuine quality to challenge him now to push himself even further.

July 22, 2019, 04:14:17 PM
Reply #29

Cods

Hope DCL can improve with more goals this year. Heís not going to get us what we need over the course of the season by himself though. We need a goalscorer in as priority.