July 11, 2020, 10:40:13 AM

Author Topic: DCL  (Read 78263 times)

July 23, 2019, 01:03:17 AM
Reply #45

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I think one thing to note re DCL is that he’s been picked by all the managers that he’s been available to.

July 23, 2019, 01:10:08 AM
Reply #46

Old England Toffee

I think one thing to note re DCL is that he’s been picked by all the managers that he’s been available to.
Yeah but we havent been blessed in the managerial dept since he started his everton career so not sure if thats a plus or a negative :)

July 23, 2019, 01:10:12 AM
Reply #47

Nicco

I think one thing to note re DCL is that he's been picked by all the managers that he's been available to.
Unlike Ademola that everyone rates.

Sent from my FRD-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

Jönköpings Södra IF

July 23, 2019, 01:16:34 AM
Reply #48

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
sometimes it sounds as you still are  ;)

Edit : removed, took that one badly for some reason.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 03:24:04 AM by brap2 »
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 23, 2019, 02:04:34 AM
Reply #49

NickNack

I think the DCL who finished last season was a much better player than the one who started it, so fingers crossed he continues that improvement and becomes a more consistent goalscorer

July 23, 2019, 02:32:27 AM
Reply #50

D15TIN

him or Niasse, oooo tough decision

July 23, 2019, 02:56:22 AM
Reply #51

Hesmenos

This is true, but at the same time he has also been picked plenty of times to play in other positions. Left wing, right wing, positions that he is not really suited to, but it seems that all his managers wanted him in the team somewhere because they liked his particular skill set.

July 23, 2019, 03:05:19 AM
Reply #52

gizzblue

You mean him niasse Tosun and Richarlson .....and despite Richarlson's goals DCL still give Marco enough fuel to push Rich out on the wing .
Born not made a blue .

July 23, 2019, 03:26:06 AM
Reply #53

KoemansNumberTens

You mean him niasse Tosun and Richarlson .....and despite Richarlson's goals DCL still give Marco enough fuel to push Rich out on the wing .

Richarlison is a winger. He forced silva into playing Pickford in goal too

July 23, 2019, 03:32:45 AM
Reply #54

gizzblue

:thumbsup:
Richarlison is a winger. He forced silva into playing Pickford in goal too
Who Marco chose to play up front ...fuck sake watch a game not just motd lad .
 ...fuck me I miss the
@realist cos of you ..miserable twat :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 03:33:54 AM by gizzblue »
Born not made a blue .

July 23, 2019, 03:44:47 AM
Reply #55

KoemansNumberTens

:thumbsup:Who Marco chose to play up front ...fuck sake watch a game not just motd lad .
 ...fuck me I miss the
@realist cos of you ..miserable twat :thumbsup:

But it’s the exact opposite of what you claim. Our strikers are so poor he tried a winger upfront. Not DCL is so good he forced Richarlison onto the wing. It’s literally proves the opposite of what you claim

July 23, 2019, 04:09:40 AM
Reply #56

Evertonian in NC

As I have mentioned multiple times, perhaps if Everton received proper TV coverage and better punditry - it would be more clear.  NBCSN's panel here raved about what a difference he made the last few months of the season.  He did all the "donkey work" - and the former players like Robbie Earle noted it.  Hold-up play, running the channels, engaging (and tiring out) defenders and midfielders with his speed and all-out workrate.

Everybody knows we need more goals/better finishing, but for fuck's sake, he does everything else superbly.  This surely DOES allow Richarlison and Siggy to have more room to creatively work, and made us a much stronger XI with DCL than without.

Remember that awful period when Rooney came back?  How he was a liability in all other facets, but was still a good finisher?  I know you noticed that.

DCL is basically the exact opposite of that.
"Pardon me, I have nothing to say." - George Carlin

July 23, 2019, 04:51:27 AM
Reply #57

Mouse

NSNO Subscriber
I think the DCL who finished last season was a much better player than the one who started it, so fingers crossed he continues that improvement and becomes a more consistent goalscorer
I think this sums him up. At the start of the season I couldn't see a long-term future for him with us. He improved in every way as the season went on. IF, and it is a big if, he can continue on the same track and confidence in front of goal then he will succeed with us.

Regardless of that, we do need more goals and another option. At the moment we have goals in only one of our first-choice front three. That is not top 6.
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.

July 23, 2019, 04:53:59 AM
Reply #58

Evertonian in NC

I think this sums him up. At the start of the season I couldn't see a long-term future for him with us. He improved in every way as the season went on. IF, and it is a big if, he can continue on the same track and confidence in front of goal then he will succeed with us.

Regardless of that, we do need more goals and another option. At the moment we have goals in only one of our first-choice front three. That is not top 6.

I keep a candle of hope out for Moise Kean.  Would complete the puzzle nicely (especially if paired with an upgrade to Walcott)
"Pardon me, I have nothing to say." - George Carlin

July 23, 2019, 04:57:17 AM
Reply #59

Mouse

NSNO Subscriber
I'd love Kean, looks like what we need but also fits the image of a club moving forward and investing in top young talent.
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.