October 18, 2019, 01:15:24 AM

Author Topic: Your other half and Everton  (Read 2901 times)

July 22, 2019, 03:47:33 AM
Read 2901 times

Simon Paul

Administrator
so, do your other halves partake in the Blue misery along with you, do they sympathise, or do they just wonder what the fuck you're doing talking to a load of strangers on the internet all day?

mine said she didn't like football when we first met, but now goes to all the cup games and gives proper abuse to any visiting player she takes a dislike to

July 22, 2019, 03:53:04 AM
Reply #1

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
so, do your other halves partake in the Blue misery along with you, do they sympathise, or do they just wonder what the fuck you're doing talking to a load of strangers on the internet all day?

mine said she didn't like football when we first met, but now goes to all the cup games and gives proper abuse to any visiting player she takes a dislike to

Other half hates football and doesnít understand my obsession
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

July 22, 2019, 04:04:40 AM
Reply #2

Cozzie

Other half isn't arsed.

Her whole side of the family are reds though and she often asks me questions about the shite that I can never be arsed answering.

July 22, 2019, 04:06:52 AM
Reply #3

irishtoffee

Mine has no interest in sport at all. If I was playing in a final even (usually hurling), she could stay in the car reading a book and it wouldnít even dawn on her to ask how the game went.
My bigger problem is how to keep my sons supporting Everton. Over here about 70% of the kids follow man utd or Liverpool, 29% between man city Chelsea and Arsenal and the last 1 % are the spread amongst the rest. The 7 year old gets mocked a good bit even though heís not majorly interested in football. Last month he swapped to Liverpool as thatís who his friends supported. Last week he swapped to Man United. Without success itís hard to keep a kid interested

July 22, 2019, 04:08:03 AM
Reply #4

Dr. Sponge

Other half says "why dont you just support the other team in your city that always wins, instead of all the misery?"

Over my dead body.

But it is kind of hard to explain, so I just play Z Cars down her ear and tell her to fuck off.

Sent from my SM-G960F using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

July 22, 2019, 04:09:38 AM
Reply #5

Shogun

Administrator
Mine has no interest in sport at all. If I was playing in a final even (usually hurling), she could stay in the car reading a book and it wouldnít even dawn on her to ask how the game went.
My bigger problem is how to keep my sons supporting Everton. Over here about 70% of the kids follow man utd or Liverpool, 29% between man city Chelsea and Arsenal and the last 1 % are the spread amongst the rest. The 7 year old gets mocked a good bit even though heís not majorly interested in football. Last month he swapped to Liverpool as thatís who his friends supported. Last week he swapped to Man United. Without success itís hard to keep a kid interested

You could always abandon him

July 22, 2019, 04:15:44 AM
Reply #6

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
My Mrs is blue. My daughter is Barcelona, I'm trying to ruin her life but thankfully she's sticking with barca
Simply simply lovely

July 22, 2019, 04:17:28 AM
Reply #7

Paddockoldie

She's a United fan, but she totally gets my passion and secretly admires the love I have for the blues... She's still a red cunt though and I tell her quite often. True love runs deep.

July 22, 2019, 04:21:04 AM
Reply #8

Macca77

Took the ex wife once, she hated every second of it and made a massive tit of herself for screaming penalty when one of our lot was fouled on the halfway line, it was at that moment that I knew I'd made a terrible mistake

July 22, 2019, 04:24:16 AM
Reply #9

Seahawk

I took the wife and daughter to their first ever game, against Crystal Palace when I was home in UK from work on 21 Oct 2018. We got the win 2-0 (DCL & Tosun). The wife treats my support with well meant amusement. My daughter (3 then, turned 4 in Feb) loved the hat and the hot dog! (Next time no red wooly tights for my little one Diana).
However I WILL educate them into All Thing Blue!

Sent from my SM-G610F using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

I only drink 2 times a year.  When it's my birthday and when it's not.

July 22, 2019, 04:25:23 AM
Reply #10

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
I took the wife and daughter to their first ever game, against Crystal Palace when I was home in UK from work on 21 Oct 2018. We got the win 2-0 (DCL & Tosun). The wife treats my support with well meant amusement. My daughter (3 then, turned 4 in Feb) loved the hat and the hot dog! (Next time no red wooly tights for my little one Diana).
However I WILL educate them into All Thing Blue!

Sent from my SM-G610F using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

Your wife is stunning!!
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lŠ Everton!

July 22, 2019, 04:26:26 AM
Reply #11

Trowel

Mine tells me I shouldn't watch it, as I usually finish Saturday miserable.

Mind you the first game I took her to was an Espanyol v Barcelona derby, with Messi and Henry leading the line for the visitors, where the teams were temporarily taken off the pitch while the away fans threw flares into the home stands, and Messi won it with a controversial injury time penalty, unbelievable stuff.... She fell asleep.
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

July 22, 2019, 04:32:36 AM
Reply #12

indiantoffee1975

This is the best time of year for the missus as she doesn't have to put up with my moaning and misery (generally) after an Everton result.
Like many she doesn't get it and says easier to support someone who wins more.........ummmm nah not as simple as that. Now get back to that fucking kitchen!

July 22, 2019, 04:33:08 AM
Reply #13

Gash

Global Moderator
She follows from a distance but rarely would sit down and watch a game. She buys a bit of merchandise, she does a bit of running and likes some of the training gear. I haven't had her at Goodison for a while, her record's horrific, I think she's seen one win, a draw and four or five defeats. At one point her goal difference was conceded nine, scored one and it was an own goal.

July 22, 2019, 05:03:47 AM
Reply #14

chang

Mrs Chang recently asked how many players in a team, which is the most interest she's shown in football during the 41 years I have known her,