August 21, 2019, 12:01:43 PM

Author Topic: Formation?  (Read 4324 times)

August 04, 2019, 02:38:18 PM
Reply #15

stirlingblue

Would like to see sigurdson phased out over the season if others step up to the mark. I don't think he suits the quick paced, exciting attack in the final third that silva wants to achieve. If we go 4-3-3 I don't really see him bettering gomes, Delph, gbamin in defensive 3, or Richarlson,  kean, Bernard  for the attacking 3.
Especially if we still get a big name wide attacker in.

I like Bernard but Iíd have Sigurdsson starting LW ahead of him.

Even when he doesnít set the world alight, he gets goals and assists for fun in comparison to Bernard

August 04, 2019, 02:43:38 PM
Reply #16

Toddacelli

What about DCL as a target man and Kean running off him?

Should give us the hold-up play that was so important in the last part of last season and would also throw a finisher into the mix (what we were missing) as well as giving us two rapid outlets to chase down and scare the opposition CB's.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

August 04, 2019, 02:44:03 PM
Reply #17

Toddacelli

Or is 4-4-2 dead now?

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

August 04, 2019, 02:50:16 PM
Reply #18

mikey_blue

Or is 4-4-2 dead now?

Itís not ďDeadĒ thereís still teams that do. Newcastle done it last season, Sineone is know to play it frequently. Itís certainly not that popular anymore, as the football you tend to play in a 442 is usually direct

We donít play too different to a 442 now anyway. Sigurdsson is usually so deep heís classed more as a second striker.

August 04, 2019, 09:42:15 PM
Reply #19

Dr. Sponge

Best 11 as it stands:

Pickford

Coleman Keane Mina Digne

Gomes Gbamin

Sigurdson

Richarlison Kean Bernard

On paper that is. But in reality I think Kean will start on the bench for the first few games, because dropping DCL changes how we play, dropping Bernard takes away a lot of creativity, as well as the partnership with Digne, and Richarlison is arguably our most talented player.

Sent from my SM-G960F using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

August 04, 2019, 09:44:58 PM
Reply #20

Evertonian in NC

I do hope Gbamin goes straight into the XI.  I wouldn't be surprised if Kean comes on around 60' against Palace, then starts most matches after that.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

August 05, 2019, 05:06:22 PM
Reply #21

Cods

What about DCL as a target man and Kean running off him?

Should give us the hold-up play that was so important in the last part of last season and would also throw a finisher into the mix (what we were missing) as well as giving us two rapid outlets to chase down and scare the opposition CB's.
came on here to type the same thing

And I think it could work in the way that 3 midfielders and 3 forwards, in a 4-3-3 with a bit of a twist can be 4 midfielders and 2 strikers as weíve the players that can fill those positions. Itís not a stretch for Kean to be left wing and support striker. Bernard can be left wing and attacking mid, Calvert Lewin runs the channels well so is not just a target man etc...  weíve got options.

August 07, 2019, 05:36:32 AM
Reply #22

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Good article on how we could line up up top of Zaha joins.

Jist is : frightening front line potentially, but will be a tough task making it fit. For instance, it's clear why we were looking for a left footed right winger, but if we do go for Zaha we are back to Richarlison / Zaha / Bernard who all play their best stuff in the same position.

Caution, contains stats.

https://www.footballwhispers.com/blog/everton-richarlison-zaha-kean
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 07, 2019, 06:11:51 AM
Reply #23

TrevorSteven

Good article on how we could line up up top of Zaha joins.

Jist is : frightening front line potentially, but will be a tough task making it fit. For instance, it's clear why we were looking for a left footed right winger, but if we do go for Zaha we are back to Richarlison / Zaha / Bernard who all play their best stuff in the same position.

Caution, contains stats.

https://www.footballwhispers.com/blog/everton-richarlison-zaha-kean

Very interesting stuff. I think Zaha based on last season with Palace would be massive but it is true - will he be a team-player? He didnt make it at United...But all other links to wingers has faded, so it looks more and more likely that, if any, it will be Zaha.

If he signs it for sure gonna give Silva the challenge of showing how great he is at man management and creating a system that makes all the players play to their potential. Thats what Pochettino and Klopp has managed. I mean - Henderson, Fabiano (or whatever his name is) and Milner - on paper that is pretty average...

August 07, 2019, 10:07:56 PM
Reply #24

stirlingblue

No idea where Sigurdsson is playing if the transfers weíre looking at happen, surely we canít be leaving £50m on the bench

Assuming the front 6 is:

Zaha Kean Richarlison

Iwobi Gbamin Gomes

Youíve then got Bernard, Sigurdsson, DCL, Walcott, Davies, Delph, Schniederlin as rotation options.

August 07, 2019, 10:24:35 PM
Reply #25

Dr. Sponge

I feel strongly about keeping Bernard in the starting line up. I know we'll have rotation  but as our strongest 11, it poses a headache.

Gomes Gbamin
     Bernard

Rich.. Kean Zaha

Having him central is an option.

Sent from my SM-G960F using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

August 07, 2019, 10:31:22 PM
Reply #26

GrantyBoy78

No idea where Sigurdsson is playing if the transfers we're looking at happen, surely we can't be leaving £50m on the bench

Assuming the front 6 is:

Zaha Kean Richarlison

Iwobi Gbamin Gomes

You've then got Bernard, Sigurdsson, DCL, Walcott, Davies, Delph, Schniederlin as rotation options.
#squad

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

August 07, 2019, 10:38:18 PM
Reply #27

stirlingblue

#squad

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

Yeah, fair enough like, but even those with big squads are starting their best players week in week out

August 07, 2019, 10:58:43 PM
Reply #28

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Sigurdsson will be dropped and sold in the next twelve months.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

August 09, 2019, 01:36:13 AM
Reply #29

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I wonder

Pickford

Keane Holgate Mina

Sidibie                  Digne

Gomes Gbamin Sigurdsson/
                              Iwobi

Richarlison  Kean
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.