August 21, 2019, 11:36:06 AM

Author Topic: Formation?  (Read 4323 times)

August 09, 2019, 03:15:37 PM
Reply #45

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Silva says Iwobi to play off the left, cms play behind the striker in some moments also.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 09, 2019, 03:17:24 PM
Reply #46

sam of the south

Hmmm that's an issue, I really like the look of the first team, but I also really like Sig and think he offers a lot and he's not in it, but I'm not sure where I'd put him either!!!?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

Yeah, Iíd love him in a 3, but Iíve come to the conclusion that Silva doesnít want that... he even played Davies as pretty muchí 2nd strikerí when he came on for Sigurdsson against Werder Bremen; although Davies got further back more to help out as well, so maybe itís a bit of Silva asking Sigurdsson to get forward a lot, and Sigurdsson just staying there even when he could come deeper.

Maybe it will all change once Gbamin is bedded in and playing well, who knows, but I donít want another season of us looking outnumbered in the middle, and unable to break down sides that get men behind the ball and defend deep.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

August 09, 2019, 03:19:26 PM
Reply #47

sam of the south

Silva says Iwobi to play off the left, cms play behind the striker in some moments also.

Do you think he primarily means vying with Bernard for the LW spot?

And what is he getting at with the CM comment?

August 09, 2019, 03:23:27 PM
Reply #48

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Do you think he primarily means vying with Bernard for the LW spot?

And what is he getting at with the CM comment?

Yeah think he's a similar player to Bernard as well, link up and pass into the box.

He likes one wideman in the box and one creating. Both Bernard and Iwobi are wide creators while Richarlison and Kean are inside forwards who want to finish.

What cm comment sorry?
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 09, 2019, 04:21:17 PM
Reply #49

sam of the south

Yeah think he's a similar player to Bernard as well, link up and pass into the box.

He likes one wideman in the box and one creating. Both Bernard and Iwobi are wide creators while Richarlison and Kean are inside forwards who want to finish.

What cm comment sorry?

Shame, Iíd like both of them on the pitch, Iwobi a bit deeper, maybe. Still, weíll see.

When he made the CMís pushing up behind the CF comment: I wonder if he just meant Sigurdsson, as usual?

August 09, 2019, 05:48:07 PM
Reply #50

sam of the south

This one looks fun:

Pickford
             Sidibe Keane Mina Digne
                 Gbamin Schneiderlin
                       Bernard Iwobi
                     Kean Richarlison

August 09, 2019, 06:11:50 PM
Reply #51

Dr. Sponge

------------Pickford

Coleman Keane Mina Digne

---------Gbamin Gomes

Richarlison Sigurdsson Bernard

--------------Kean

For now.
People forget the good link up between coleman/richy & digne/Bernard
Iwobi & Sidibe will probably get a chance eventually
This is the team for now, we wanna get off to a good start and aside from Gbamin and Kean, the rest of the team are already into speed with the league and how we play.

Sent from my SM-G960F using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

August 09, 2019, 07:27:39 PM
Reply #52

Heisenberg

Richarlison is world class on the left. Decent on the right. Bernard or iwobi should be the ones played out of position imo

August 09, 2019, 07:44:15 PM
Reply #53

Robioto

Posted this in the first 11 topic also, but this is how I think we'll lineup once everything is settled:

August 12, 2019, 01:25:03 AM
Reply #54

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Passmaps from the game, quite interesting I think.

https://twitter.com/TheHaIfSpace/status/1160242130134163457?s=19

Gbamin playing quite a bit into the final third.

Gomes safey safey, lots sideways but not a great deal into the danger area.

August 12, 2019, 02:11:32 AM
Reply #55

Ravardo

Gomez proves one of my points about not playing though the middle enough every pass pushed out wide nearly

August 12, 2019, 02:23:19 AM
Reply #56

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

Played the best pass of the match and we lost all control when he went off the pitch though.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

August 12, 2019, 03:05:08 AM
Reply #57

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Played the best pass of the match and we lost all control when he went off the pitch though.

Well any midfield with Schneiderlin and Sigurdsson in is going to lack control innit.

Not sure I remember the pass but he does have it in him like. Just doesn't do it very much for some reason.

We need three in the middle.

Gomes Gbamin Davies

Or

Iwobi Gbamin Gomes

Swerve Sigurdsson he's a waste of space, upgrade on Gomes in the summer if poss. Swerve Schneiderlin at the nearest opportunity.

August 12, 2019, 03:07:34 AM
Reply #58

TrevorSteven

We lost total control when Gomes went out. What Gomes brings to the team is control. He can dictate a match, dictate tempo and calm things down. After Gbamin came in we suddenly lost possession in dangerous areas and got countered. For me Gbamin showed us it is still a long way until he will be a regular. He for sure is not good enough as of today to replace Gueye and I guess Silva still will use Schneiderlein alot. Ofcourse because of the suspension and since Delph has this riddicolous skill of being out injured most of the seasons Gbamin will be forced into the team and I am afraid that may kill all his confidence straight away and make it even harder for him.

I think Silva is really dissappointed with our recruitment this summer. He made a statement that he wanted us to keep the quality but defensively we havent managed to do so and I have a feeling Gbamin wasnt his choice as he was pretty harsh with the player after the match, at least not protecting him too much. Mr. Silva is in for a real headache but my guess is that he pushes Sigurdsson down to play alongside Gomes (if fit) or Davies and he puts Iwobi, Bernard and Richarlison in front of them. I know it sounds crazy but we should all remember that Sigurdssons role in the icelandic team is deeper and that Silva had success with playing Sigurdsson further down the pitch at some games to make him into more shooting positions because as a lot of ppl here is pointing out - Sigurdsson is far to slow and he is "hiding" too much to be an effective number 10.

So I predict the following line-up: Pickford, Coleman, Mina, Keane, Digne, Gomes, Sigurdsson, Iwobi, Bernard, Richarlison and DCL.

August 12, 2019, 03:30:42 AM
Reply #59

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Well any midfield with Schneiderlin and Sigurdsson in is going to lack control innit.

Not sure I remember the pass but he does have it in him like. Just doesn't do it very much for some reason.

We need three in the middle.

Gomes Gbamin Davies

Or

Iwobi Gbamin Gomes

Swerve Sigurdsson he's a waste of space, upgrade on Gomes in the summer if poss. Swerve Schneiderlin at the nearest opportunity.

Seventy yard ball drilled over to Bernard. Great ball and what you want from a player like him. Agree he doesnít do it often enough though

The midfield controlled the game when Gomes was there.

We lost all grip of the second half because he wasnít on the pitch.

Morgan doesnít want to be here. He did this during koemans second season. Knew he was getting sent even before he got booked. Thought we might get something from him this season, but heís not arsed.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown