August 22, 2019, 07:55:50 AM

Author Topic: Formation?  (Read 4344 times)

August 12, 2019, 03:33:53 AM
Reply #60

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Gutted because Scheiderlin is a good player but he's half arsed it for sure. Gomes was winning fouls all over when he was in and that's why he got injured, would like to see him and Davies play together more think they could be good

August 12, 2019, 03:58:58 AM
Reply #61

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Seventy yard ball drilled over to Bernard. Great ball and what you want from a player like him. Agree he doesnít do it often enough though

The midfield controlled the game when Gomes was there.

We lost all grip of the second half because he wasnít on the pitch.

Morgan doesnít want to be here. He did this during koemans second season. Knew he was getting sent even before he got booked. Thought we might get something from him this season, but heís not arsed.

Meh, once a game hits over the top. Looks alright but if he can only do it once every hour and a half..

Yeah I think we did control the middle of the pitch. Did fuck all with it like and that's our biggest issue, but we were the better side first half or so.

Gbamin looked off the pace but plenty of good signs I think. for him to be our sitting midfielder but already getting on the ball and being more progressive than Gomes is a bit of a shame for Gomes like. He's not on the side to sit in and be safe, he needs to be the driving force but in a game where we control the midfield...hes making three passes with bad intention.

A midfield of schniedlerin him and sigurdsson feels like a very passive midfield to me, them two are too similar.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 12, 2019, 04:32:43 AM
Reply #62

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Good article on the Palace game and our struggle to play through the middle against a deep block.

https://betweentheposts.net/crystal-palace-everton-0-0-silva-team-struggled-break-through-low-block/

Look at the attached and the big no man's land we leave with Sig miles away from the two cms.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 12, 2019, 04:53:35 AM
Reply #63

Ravardo

Good read that thanks,,,the size of that gap in no mans lands is worrying why the fucks siggs so far away from the play,, i can see now why we dont play through the middle

August 12, 2019, 07:03:35 AM
Reply #64

sam of the south

Good article on the Palace game and our struggle to play through the middle against a deep block.

https://betweentheposts.net/crystal-palace-everton-0-0-silva-team-struggled-break-through-low-block/

Look at the attached and the big no man's land we leave with Sig miles away from the two cms.

Is this really what Silva wants?

A better side than Palace will exploit that space if that gaping hole continues to be the norm.

And we also created nothing of note, particularly through the middle when we have the ball, because Gomes and Schneiderlin generally only have themselves to pass to.

This summed it up:

ďEvertonís attempts to break down a low-block make for a pretty dismal viewing. With virtually no buildup play going through the middle and no adaptable tactics to bypass this issue, Silvaís team showed no changes to tackle what was clearly the last campaignís penultimate problem.Ē
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 07:13:40 AM by sam of the south »
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

August 12, 2019, 01:45:39 PM
Reply #65

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Is this really what Silva wants?

A better side than Palace will exploit that space if that gaping hole continues to be the norm.

And we also created nothing of note, particularly through the middle when we have the ball, because Gomes and Schneiderlin generally only have themselves to pass to.

This summed it up:

“Everton’s attempts to break down a low-block make for a pretty dismal viewing. With virtually no buildup play going through the middle and no adaptable tactics to bypass this issue, Silva’s team showed no changes to tackle what was clearly the last campaign’s penultimate problem.”

Maybe a case of what @shogun said, last seasons players, last seasons problems.

Can't imagine Schneiderlin will be asked to play base midfield along side Gomes too often this year.

August 12, 2019, 01:58:21 PM
Reply #66

mikey_blue

Thatís clearly the biggest issue. Itís all well and good working the ball out wide, but if thatís the be all and end all of the attack, then weíve got a problem. You canít attribute that just to Sigurdsson imo though. Itís Silvaís team and tactics, heís allowing Sigurdsson to play essentially as a second striker to cover for DCLís deficiencies in front of goal.

Our brand new shiny wonder-kid needs the ball to be played into these dangerous areas so he can put chances away, not leg it down channels and try and win headers for Sigurdsson to run on to. At the same time, where are the clinical passes through the middle coming from? Davies? Heís the only one in the team who does try and get things going, but you see him give the ball away more than anything.

Honestly I donít really know what we have to do to get a balance to the squad, o canít even get Everton to stay in the premiership on football manager, but Iíd wager that if we keep doing the same thing as last season then we wonít progress much.

August 12, 2019, 03:02:45 PM
Reply #67

sam of the south

Maybe a case of what @shogun said, last seasons players, last seasons problems.

Can't imagine Schneiderlin will be asked to play base midfield along side Gomes too often this year.

Yeah, I hope so.

For Schneiderlin not to play we will need Gbamin to hit the ground running.

August 12, 2019, 03:44:40 PM
Reply #68

dazfrancis

Passmaps from the game, quite interesting I think.

https://twitter.com/TheHaIfSpace/status/1160242130134163457?s=19

Gbamin playing quite a bit into the final third.

Gomes safey safey, lots sideways but not a great deal into the danger area.

This is a good example of stats without context not showing the full picture because we created more chances and had more control of possession when Gomes was on the pitch.

However, it does suggest that maybe Gomes and Gbamin could be a decent partnership in the middle with Gbmain being able to offer a more direct passing threat that Schneiderlin or Gueye

August 12, 2019, 03:49:52 PM
Reply #69

dazfrancis

Sig is basically a striker, we defend 4231 but we attack 442

This shows how little he is involved in our build up play

What's most annoying about this is it's not a new problem, we've known this for over a season now. It should be on Silva to address one way or another

August 12, 2019, 03:56:36 PM
Reply #70

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Sig is basically a striker, we defend 4231 but we attack 442

This shows how little he is involved in our build up play

What's most annoying about this is it's not a new problem, we've known this for over a season now. It should be on Silva to address one way or another

Strongly agree.

Two sitting midfielders - huge no man's land - two strikers and a supporting cast of two wingers and two wing backs.

2-2-6 in possession, with the wings crowded and no presence at all in the middle of the pitch. He might be planning to solve it with Delph gbamin and Iwobi, we'll see.

August 12, 2019, 04:18:52 PM
Reply #71

Dr. Sponge

Strongly agree.

Two sitting midfielders - huge no man's land - two strikers and a supporting cast of two wingers and two wing backs.

2-2-6 in possession, with the wings crowded and no presence at all in the middle of the pitch. He might be planning to solve it with Delph gbamin and Iwobi, we'll see.
Are Silva's hands tied with the players he has or is he just choosing to play this system?

Cant see why he wouldnt coach the current crop to play how he feels is most effective. Hes been here a full season now so youd assume it's how he wants to play.

Sent from my SM-G960F using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

August 16, 2019, 02:06:50 PM
Reply #72

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Apologies if this against forum etiquette but toffee TV with elpivote on the palace game and potential move to 433 etc.

August 16, 2019, 03:53:21 PM
Reply #73

sam of the south

Apologies if this against forum etiquette but toffee TV with elpivote on the palace game and potential move to 433 etc.

Yeah, I watched this, really enjoyed it

August 18, 2019, 01:09:04 AM
Reply #74

Heisenberg

Richarlison is wasted on the right. Cuts in from the right making great positions but just doesnít have the left foot for it