May 25, 2020, 10:27:44 AM

Author Topic: Coutinho  (Read 9587 times)

August 03, 2019, 12:05:45 PM
Read 9587 times

Ramjam

If this is on it will boil the piss of that lot across the park, I can see this happening with the strong ties to our Spanish feeder club

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

August 03, 2019, 12:52:49 PM
Reply #1

KoemansNumberTens

Thereís absolutely no chance. Heíd barely consider us before you take into account his connection with The Shite.

Also Iím really not sure I rate him. Seems to be a style of player thatís kind of gone out of fashion now. Heís obviously good enough for us but i donít think heís an elite level player and heís going to cost elite level money.

August 03, 2019, 01:16:04 PM
Reply #2

mikey_blue

There's absolutely no chance. He'd barely consider us before you take into account his connection with The Shite.

Also I'm really not sure I rate him. Seems to be a style of player that's kind of gone out of fashion now. He's obviously good enough for us but i don't think he's an elite level player and he's going to cost elite level money.

Heís definitely an elite player, but he does need other elite players around him to make up for his defensive and physical shortcomings.

It was only a couple of seasons ago he was tearing the league apart.

August 03, 2019, 01:21:03 PM
Reply #3

KoemansNumberTens

Heís definitely an elite player, but he does need other elite players around him to make up for his defensive and physical shortcomings.

It was only a couple of seasons ago he was tearing the league apart.

He doesnít quite seem to be 1 thing or the other in the modern game. Not sure heís creative enough to be a playmaker, certainly not quick enough to be an elite winger. Donít get me wrong heís a great player but he was never good enough to play for Barcelona and I donít think he fits into how Liverpool play now with their pace upfront and workmanlike midfield. The amount Barca paid for him was crazy

August 03, 2019, 01:30:18 PM
Reply #4

mikey_blue

He doesnít quite seem to be 1 thing or the other in the modern game. Not sure heís creative enough to be a playmaker, certainly not quick enough to be an elite winger. Donít get me wrong heís a great player but he was never good enough to play for Barcelona and I donít think he fits into how Liverpool play now with their pace upfront and workmanlike midfield. The amount Barca paid for him was crazy

I see what you're saying there. No 10's are a dying breed now (We have a similar problem with Sigurdsson), and I think that's why Liverpool sold him. I still think he could emulate Bernardo Silva and play more centrally. He's got great vision, and acceleration in the middle of the park. We'll have to see what happens when he arrives here on loan.

August 03, 2019, 01:52:45 PM
Reply #5

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
I see what you're saying there. No 10's are a dying breed now (We have a similar problem with Sigurdsson), and I think that's why Liverpool sold him. I still think he could emulate Bernardo Silva and play more centrally. He's got great vision, and acceleration in the middle of the park. We'll have to see what happens when he arrives here on loan.
  serious...... He wanted the move so they just had to take the money   nothing to do with him beeing a dying breed

August 03, 2019, 01:54:06 PM
Reply #6

mikey_blue

serious...... He wanted the move so they just had to take the money   nothing to do with him beeing a dying breed

I think 130m helped too. They weren't exactly low-balled.

August 03, 2019, 03:25:45 PM
Reply #7

Free Agent

They havenít exactly missed him either

August 03, 2019, 03:33:00 PM
Reply #8

ally2

He'd be another Sigurdsson not really creating enough but offering occasional wonder strikes.

August 03, 2019, 03:37:17 PM
Reply #9

Tinga

He's a fantastic player and honestly you'd be mad to turn your nose up at a signing like him.

August 03, 2019, 04:16:58 PM
Reply #10

Toddacelli

I agree. He's a fancy Mata.

We've got a less fancy version in Sigurdsson.

A lot of our selection and formation problems are around having to have Sigurdsson in the team or having to leave his goals and assists out for a formation that looks more balanced and cohesive.

Add to that how much money he'd cost...

Can't see it.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

August 03, 2019, 04:33:28 PM
Reply #11

gizzblue

If this is on it will boil the piss of that lot across the park, I can see this happening with the strong ties to our Spanish feeder club

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

I honestly don't think they would be arsed ....but we would hear chants of their rejects .
Also we really don't need him not that much better than Gylfi and has only one leg ...the other is only for standing on.
Born not made a blue .

August 04, 2019, 03:48:14 AM
Reply #12

Gary1878

NSNO Subscriber
The mumours of Rakitic holds a lot more truth I think than Coutinho. However, he is a superb player, and there aren't many sides in the world that would turn him down.

August 04, 2019, 05:19:28 AM
Reply #13

Paddockoldie

Wash out your mouth with such a suggestion...

August 04, 2019, 05:21:19 AM
Reply #14

KingdingalingNL

Arsenal are the team apparently in talks to loan him.