December 13, 2019, 08:02:22 PM

Author Topic: Werder Bremen v Everton  (Read 6332 times)

August 04, 2019, 05:00:29 AM
Reply #150

Shogun

Administrator
He's a good defender but his limitations are punished in the modern game. Mina and Keane obviously isn't a partnership that will ever work and I'd consider replacing one of them with Holgate for the opening game assuming the new CB may not be ready..

August 04, 2019, 01:42:48 PM
Reply #151

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
He's a good defender but his limitations are punished in the modern game. Mina and Keane obviously isn't a partnership that will ever work and I'd consider replacing one of them with Holgate for the opening game assuming the new CB may not be ready..

Wouldnít fancy Benteke just knocking Holgate out of the way for 90 mins.

August 04, 2019, 02:01:59 PM
Reply #152

GrantyBoy78

Iím a Holgate fan, but heís looked awful this pre-season...to the point where I no longer think Iím a Holgate fan. Gibson has looked twice the player, but thatís not to say he should be anywhere near the first team. Desperate for another CB with mobility. Iíd say this is a season defining signing.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

August 04, 2019, 02:31:59 PM
Reply #153

stirlingblue

I'm a Holgate fan, but he's looked awful this pre-season...to the point where I no longer think I'm a Holgate fan. Gibson has looked twice the player, but that's not to say he should be anywhere near the first team. Desperate for another CB with mobility. I'd say this is a season defining signing.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

Iím hoping thatís just pre-season not mattering, but Holgate played like he was asleep in most of the games.

Picked some great passes forward when he had the ball, but in terms of defending he was awful. We desperately need a new starting CB, the biggest priority of remaining signings IMO

August 04, 2019, 10:03:54 PM
Reply #154

Shogun

Administrator
Wouldnít fancy Benteke just knocking Holgate out of the way for 90 mins.

Benteke hasnít knocked anyone anywhere for five years

August 04, 2019, 10:11:17 PM
Reply #155

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Benteke hasnít knocked anyone anywhere for five years

Exactly ;)