August 21, 2019, 11:38:44 AM

Author Topic: Alex Iwobi  (Read 19750 times)

August 07, 2019, 06:50:21 PM
Reply #60

Gary1878

NSNO Subscriber
JayJay was one of my favourite non Everton players of all time, genius with the ball

JayJay, Zola and Zidane - magicians with the ball at their feet

August 07, 2019, 06:50:48 PM
Reply #61

Tofifee

30m for Iwobi
80m for Zaha

I would be more than happy with Iwobi
People seem to have given up on Bernard for whatever reason???
I would see Iwobi and Bernard as in competition for one spot. Have we all forgotten our little Brazilian magician from last season?????

Get Iwobi, save 50m in the process and buy a CB.......

It's all about a squad ffs!!
Lads who were having wanking thoughts about Brands yesterday are calling us a "joke" today......... :headbang: :headbang:

I honestly think some of our fans care more about what others think of us than they do themselves. They see other fans laughing at us being priced out of Zaha and ending up with Iwobi, and instead of thinking "hhhmmm maybe this makes sense" they are more bothered by the slagging they will get from their mates.....

If we get Iwobi for 50m LESS than Zaha, then that's ok with me

August 07, 2019, 06:51:08 PM
Reply #62

Lxxx

I suppose if you think what Zaha was like at 22 you might liken him to Iwobi now. The question is does he have the same upside potential?

He doesn't have the pace but seems to have the technique. Always seems to be playing within himself to me.

August 07, 2019, 06:52:02 PM
Reply #63

Bluedylan

30m for Iwobi
80m for Zaha

I would be more than happy with Iwobi
People seem to have given up on Bernard for whatever reason???
I would see Iwobi and Bernard as in competition for one spot. Have we all forgotten our little Brazilian magician from last season?????

Get Iwobi, save 50m in the process and buy a CB.......

It's all about a squad ffs!!
Lads who were having wanking thoughts about Brands yesterday are calling us a "joke" today......... :headbang: :headbang:

I honestly think some of our fans care more about what others think of us than they do themselves. They see other fans laughing at us being priced out of Zaha and ending up with Iwobi, and instead of thinking "hhhmmm maybe this makes sense" they are more bothered by the slagging they will get from their mates.....

If we get Iwobi for 50m LESS than Zaha, then that's ok with me

Agreed. There's definitely a bit of 'footie manager' mentality going on with our fans, and less fashionable names are being dismissed too easily.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

August 07, 2019, 06:52:21 PM
Reply #64

di_guyo

No way is he good enough for what we're after....30m is taking the piss as well. I'm surrounded by Arsenal fans all day, and as someone else has mentioned, they are pissing themselves at this. Not rated.
Everton & Atleti

August 07, 2019, 06:52:31 PM
Reply #65

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Bit much to say he's better than Zaha like.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

August 07, 2019, 06:52:37 PM
Reply #66

Tofifee

I suppose if you think what Zaha was like at 22 you might liken him to Iwobi now. The question is does he have the same upside potential?

He doesn't have the pace but seems to have the technique. Always seems to be playing within himself to me.

He better give that up ASAP.....we are a family club

August 07, 2019, 06:53:49 PM
Reply #67

Waltzer

Would people stop going on about 30 million for Iwobi or 80 million for Zaha. Arsenal have rejected it out of hand, that means Iwobi isnt 30 million, we dont know what he is, but I suspect itll be loads more considering they know weve bid 70 for Zaha!!

August 07, 2019, 06:53:53 PM
Reply #68

Mayor Farnum

Jeez where's all this come from. I came home from work for lunch but I've been unable to stomach anything because of the distinct whiff of desperation.

August 07, 2019, 06:54:49 PM
Reply #69

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Have people given up on Bernard? Thought he was one of our best players in the second half of last season.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

August 07, 2019, 06:55:45 PM
Reply #70

stirlingblue

Sig is looking like a bargain at 50m...

August 07, 2019, 06:56:37 PM
Reply #71

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Gone from Zouma and Zaha to Luiz and Iwobi in the space of a few hours.

Who knows where we end up, but itd be a shame to start the season on a downer.

August 07, 2019, 06:57:21 PM
Reply #72

Hawkandro

David Ornstein, the BBC reporter who is pretty spot on with Arsenal has confirmed the Iwobi deal would be alongside the Zaha deal.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

August 07, 2019, 06:58:06 PM
Reply #73

Bluedylan

Have people given up on Bernard? Thought he was one of our best players in the second half of last season.

Not at all. Suppose you want a good few options in the forward positions, but Bernard should get plenty of games in on the left, or maybe instead of Gylfi at time. Also looking for him to add more goals and assists this season (which I think he will, now he's more settled).
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

August 07, 2019, 06:59:29 PM
Reply #74

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Gone from Zouma and Zaha to Luiz and Iwobi in the space of a few hours.

Who knows where we end up, but itd be a shame to start the season on a downer.

Firstly, Zouma was never on, secondly what we have signed so far I would not consider it to be a downer if we signed Lois and Iwobi rather than have our pants pulled down on other options, still be a good window.