August 22, 2019, 07:17:00 AM

Author Topic: Deadline Day News  (Read 9328 times)

August 09, 2019, 04:13:48 AM
Reply #420

Waltzer

What happened to the Marseille guy and the young brazilian?
Think Sanson chose to stay at Marseille, Reinier wasn't until Jan anyway so maybe talks ongoing?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

August 09, 2019, 04:16:12 AM
Reply #421

Robioto

What happened to the Marseille guy and the young brazilian?

By all accounts the Sansom links were made up bollocks.

August 09, 2019, 05:26:03 AM
Reply #422

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
They've dropped a bollock haven't they, he will go for a lot less in January or the summer

January would probably be the only time they could still get 60, because it's January and the prices would be inflated a bit.

To be honest, IF we were still interested it might not be a bad time to get him however I tend to think that ship has sailed. Will be interesting to see if he does get his big move now.

August 09, 2019, 05:31:02 AM
Reply #423

Heisenberg

January would probably be the only time they could still get 60, because it's January and the prices would be inflated a bit.

To be honest, IF we were still interested it might not be a bad time to get him however I tend to think that ship has sailed. Will be interesting to see if he does get his big move now.

Would be worth going again if we are around 7th at the time. If not Id rather just wait till summer to do our business

August 09, 2019, 05:42:57 AM
Reply #424

Shogun

Administrator

If heís open to moving abroad then it could still happen for him this summer, if he kicks up enough of a fuss.

Canít see how this ends well for Palace.
I never claimed to be a saint

August 09, 2019, 07:01:42 AM
Reply #425

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
If heís open to moving abroad then it could still happen for him this summer, if he kicks up enough of a fuss.

Canít see how this ends well for Palace.

I doubt anyone would pay more than we were offering from abroad. We shall see I guess. I can only assume they think the loss in value is less important than the financial hit from dropping out of the PL.

If Zaha doesn't go this January or next summer, I don't think he'll in all likelihood get that bigger club move...so this might be his time to kick up a fuss.

August 09, 2019, 08:16:19 AM
Reply #426

TrevorSteven

Its easy to forget but A lot of us was excited after deadlineday when we had brought in Klaasen, Sandro, Rooney, Sigurdsson etc. Pundits were saying we had won the transfer window. Couple of months later the same pundits and fans were slamming Everton for doing bad business.

Some may call me negative, but at least I dare to say what I think before I know the answer. I do not think we became stronger during this window. I do think that we are stronger at right back and have a sensational striker in Kean but as a whole we have not achieved Silvas objective too keep the quality. The loss of Zouma and Gueye will be too massive and Iwobi will be A failure. In two years time we all will write about how to get rid of him and signing him has made it impossible to get Zaha in the next window. I unfortunately like Klopps approach to the window. He has target identified and if it doesnt happen he doesnt just buy another one for the sake of it. With Iwobi I do think we did.  I do hope I am wrong, but I do not think we will finish better than last season.

August 09, 2019, 11:59:26 AM
Reply #427

Glory

I like Iwobi and I like that nearly all of our attacking options have different profiles.

I personally wasn't keen on spunking the figures quoted for Zaha. Feel as if he needs a team built around him, not as him as the cherry on top.

August 09, 2019, 02:17:00 PM
Reply #428

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Had we got him for 60 + Tosun / Bolasie / McCarthy I think we'd be saying Holy shit they wanted 80 up front big Marce has done it again.

80 odd tho like. Sign of the Times of course but, would prefer it used elsewhere and like I've said... Happy with Iwobi.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 09, 2019, 02:25:14 PM
Reply #429

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Its easy to forget but A lot of us was excited after deadlineday when we had brought in Klaasen, Sandro, Rooney, Sigurdsson etc. Pundits were saying we had won the transfer window. Couple of months later the same pundits and fans were slamming Everton for doing bad business.

Some may call me negative, but at least I dare to say what I think before I know the answer. I do not think we became stronger during this window. I do think that we are stronger at right back and have a sensational striker in Kean but as a whole we have not achieved Silvas objective too keep the quality. The loss of Zouma and Gueye will be too massive and Iwobi will be A failure. In two years time we all will write about how to get rid of him and signing him has made it impossible to get Zaha in the next window. I unfortunately like Klopps approach to the window. He has target identified and if it doesnt happen he doesnt just buy another one for the sake of it. With Iwobi I do think we did.  I do hope I am wrong, but I do not think we will finish better than last season.

People who dare to say why they think before they know the answer have led us to Brexit
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

August 09, 2019, 02:31:34 PM
Reply #430

Toddacelli

Trevor Steven was my first ever favourite player as a young lad when I started going the match with my dad.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates