August 22, 2019, 07:13:15 AM

Author Topic: Brandís Recruitment Philosophy  (Read 5854 times)

August 09, 2019, 01:56:59 AM
Read 5854 times

GrantyBoy78

Weíve traversed a couple of summer transfer windows since Brands/Silva were appointed.

What do people think about our recruitment strategy? Have we gone for the ilk of player you thought we would? How do you think market factors have helped or hindered us?

Two years since Moshiri pressed the reset button - are you happy with our progress?

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

August 09, 2019, 01:58:28 AM
Reply #1

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
In general, yes
We've traversed a couple of summer transfer windows since Brands/Silva were appointed.

What do people think about our recruitment strategy? Have we gone for the ilk of player you thought we would? How do you think market factors have helped or hindered us?

Two years since Moshiri pressed the reset button - are you happy with our progress?

Simply simply lovely

August 09, 2019, 02:05:21 AM
Reply #2

ajax_andy

I think our business this summer has been astute.  We all got carried away by the idea of getting ALL of our targets, which tbf didn't just make me erect but actually made my cock grow an extra inch.

As it stands we did good business, didn't spend crazy amounts, cleared out some deadwood and reduced wages.

Really it's hard to complain when you look at the ins and outs... People have just lost their heads a bit because if we'd got all our targets we'd be genuine top 4 contenders.  People might see it as a missed opportunity but in reality it's pie in the sky to think we could get all of those players.

Good solid business is what we've done.

August 09, 2019, 02:09:28 AM
Reply #3

MmmblueBernard

Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

August 09, 2019, 02:10:48 AM
Reply #4

Mayor Farnum

No window is ever going to go perfectly.
No-one has made mugs of us and we've attracted upgrades in most positions.

I'm pleased that we've brought in much needed physical presence.

Centre half seems an obvious oversight but so obvious that I'm confident there were mitigating circumstances.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 02:12:25 AM by Mayor Farnum »

August 09, 2019, 02:10:52 AM
Reply #5

GoodisonPk

Itís been ok. Have to understand that the deadwood were and still are taking up a lot of wages. Those Koeman Walsh windows were disgraceful.

August 09, 2019, 02:12:55 AM
Reply #6

Dr. Sponge

There's a general trend with most of our transfers, young to fairly young, at elite clubs but not in first team plans.

Buys:
Richarlison
Digne
Mina
Gomes
Lossl
Delph
Gbamin
Kean
Iwobi (if confirmed)

Loans:
Zouma
Sidibe

Richarlison stands out as Silva's buy, but the rest fit into Brands' pattern, with the occasional dash of experience, I.e. Delph and Sibide.

I think we're steadily improving and we've stripped away a huge chunk of the wages from fringe players. Exactly the right way to run a club.

Frustrating that we cant just bring in Zaha or someone of outstanding talent to bump us into the top 5 or 6. But if we can break the chain without doing that then itll be even sweeter.

We have an exciting young attacking squad. Definitely room for improvement in some areas that needs to be addressed in the coming transfer windows, but very good noises coming from the club.

All eyes on Richarlison and Kean.

Sent from my SM-G960F using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

August 09, 2019, 02:13:14 AM
Reply #7

Gash

Global Moderator
Yeah, it's been pretty good. CB this summer has obviously been a bit of a fuck up but in general the dealings have been decent both in and out.

We're clearly still a bit hamstrung with some of deadwood we can't shift on permanent deals but sooner or later they'll all be gone one way or another. We're probably still another year away before we clear the last of Martinez, Koeman and Allardyce's dealings out the door and really see where we are at.

August 09, 2019, 02:13:14 AM
Reply #8

MmmblueBernard

Brands canít do right by some though and thatís a bit sad.

And theyíll continue to use bull shit like £80m fees for the likes of Zaha to push that agenda.

IMO heís the most important signing for a couple of decades.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

August 09, 2019, 02:16:58 AM
Reply #9

GrantyBoy78

Surprised we havenít bought anyone from Holland.

August 09, 2019, 02:17:10 AM
Reply #10

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I think he's been a revelation, the quality of our targets, the inventiveness of some of our signings and balance of what he has brought in. We haven't overpaid for anyone in ages and we've done well to ship out a few players as well.

August 09, 2019, 02:25:41 AM
Reply #11

Cozzie

Happy with the window, dissapointed with deadline day.

Our business has been great but I am just astounded we have not brought in a CB.

August 09, 2019, 02:30:41 AM
Reply #12

SANA_DR0

Weíve traversed a couple of summer transfer windows since Brands/Silva were appointed.

Yes, but I expect it to pick up even more when we got the huge wage huggers out of our squad.
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

August 09, 2019, 02:37:37 AM
Reply #13

GrantyBoy78

Surprised weíve done so much business with elite teams. We seem to have build good relationships with with those clubs. Fuck the likes of Palace and Watford, tinpot wankers.

August 09, 2019, 02:45:13 AM
Reply #14

gizzblue

Brands is (I said on another thread) our best signing in a decade ....the absolute dross he's shipped out already (Some still here ) is nothing short of marvellous. ...brought in quality young signings that are hungry with a couple of sensible older lads to ground everyone ....roll on the premier league .

COYB .
Born not made a blue .