August 21, 2019, 11:38:45 AM

Author Topic: Brandís Recruitment Philosophy  (Read 5832 times)

August 09, 2019, 02:48:18 AM
Reply #15

MarcusFenix

The difference between Brands and his predecessor is as night and day.

From last season we've lost Gueye and Zouma from first XI but gained Gomes ( permanent ) Gbamin, Iwobi, Delph, Lossl, Kean and Sidibe on loan.

There are options all over the park, differing set ups and formations potentially, competition for places, versatility from Gbamin and Delph, added to an already decent attacking mix with Bernard, Sigurdsson and Richarlison.

If Gbamin has to play CB then we could put Schneiderlin in, Sidibe can cover and rival Coleman and Baines has another season to cover Digne.

As others have said Brands is the most important signing in recent years, everything he does instills confidence in me and his track record previously confirms how good he is

You are my Everton, my only Everton, you make me happy when skies are grey

August 09, 2019, 02:52:42 AM
Reply #16

Waltzer

In general itís been good, cb is a massive oversight and disappointment as 1 injury could have huge ramifications, especially if we go on a poor run. Was expecting more unknowns from South America, but think stricter work permit process might have impacted that more than his desire to explore this market

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

August 09, 2019, 03:15:10 AM
Reply #17

Chrisknms

Excellent. 

Brands has changed the view of the club from 'Mugs' who buy No.10's like they are going gout of fashion, to an astute business who actually have a plan. 

Firmly believe we will be in for Zouma in Jan.  Failure to bring in a CB at the moment is more due to ridiculous fees people want, and a determination to buy the right players for the squad, not the ones available.

August 09, 2019, 03:21:37 AM
Reply #18

Bluedylan

Overall, fantastic (but with a niggling doubt about the CB situation).

Only time will tell how significant or insignificant the CB thing will be. We might touch lucky, and keep the main two fit til January, and then add another then. Or we might lose one of them (or god forbid both) for 3 months, and be in crisis mode.

Hope fate is kind to us.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

August 09, 2019, 03:23:53 AM
Reply #19

Fynci

Perhaps Gbamin is a midfielder first and foremost but could provide backup in the centre of defence, if need be. Holgate may not be our third choice.

August 09, 2019, 03:23:54 AM
Reply #20

Waltzer

Overall, fantastic (but with a niggling doubt about the CB situation).

Only time will tell how significant or insignificant the CB thing will be. We might touch lucky, and keep the main two fit til January, and then add another then. Or we might lose one of them (or god forbid both) for 3 months, and be in crisis mode.

Hope fate is kind to us.
We're Everton, you know it'll be the latter!!

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

August 09, 2019, 03:24:44 AM
Reply #21

Mayor Farnum

The difference between Brands and his predecessor is as night and day.

From last season we've lost Gueye and Zouma from first XI but gained Gomes ( permanent ) Gbamin, Iwobi, Delph, Lossl, Kean and Sidibe on loan.

There are options all over the park, differing set ups and formations potentially, competition for places, versatility from Gbamin and Delph, added to an already decent attacking mix with Bernard, Sigurdsson and Richarlison.

If Gbamin has to play CB then we could put Schneiderlin in, Sidibe can cover and rival Coleman and Baines has another season to cover Digne.

As others have said Brands is the most important signing in recent years, everything he does instills confidence in me and his track record previously confirms how good he is

Yes, squad looking good in terms of numbers and options.

No excuse not to take the cups seriously now.

August 09, 2019, 04:17:07 AM
Reply #22

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Amy I happy with the progress since Moshiri pressed reset?

No to be honest, we are a million miles away from where we need to be. I am willing to accept most of that is where we were when Brands took the reigns.

I have my concerns of course, around buy in and process and just how well we're utilising what I think is a real opportunity for change (brands).

But again there seems to be a thread of younger players with potential upside, sensible cover for RB and I *did* get my Richarlison every summer signing.

Question marks over the older signings, serious concern for this year over the lack of CB option beyond Zouma, the public alternatives underwhelming prem players (worrying theme a little), and finally and perhaps most frustratingly for many, lack of transformational player to take us the next level.

Theory is I suppose we need to be competitive now. Once we are and steady we will see more gem type foreign leagues, and of course we always have the hope that a Richarlison or Kean goes supernova.

I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 09, 2019, 04:19:49 AM
Reply #23

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Amy I happy with the progress since Moshiri pressed reset?

No to be honest, we are a million miles away from where we need to be. I am willing to accept most of that is where we were when Brands took the reigns.

I have my concerns of course, around buy in and process and just how well we're utilising what I think is a real opportunity for change (brands).

But again there seems to be a thread of younger players with potential upside, sensible cover for RB and I *did* get my Richarlison every summer signing.

Question marks over the older signings, serious concern for this year over the lack of CB option beyond Zouma, the public alternatives underwhelming prem players (worrying theme a little), and finally and perhaps most frustratingly for many, lack of transformational player to take us the next level.

Theory is I suppose we need to be competitive now. Once we are and steady we will see more gem type foreign leagues, and of course we always have the hope that a Richarlison or Kean goes supernova.

Who are the older signings ?

August 09, 2019, 04:22:36 AM
Reply #24

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Who are the older signings ?

Delph, Lossl, Sidibie if he joins, could potentially just be more wages for the wage mill.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 09, 2019, 04:25:50 AM
Reply #25

Lxxx

Delph, Lossl, Sidibie if he joins, could potentially just be more wages for the wage mill.

We do need a balance. It's not like we've blown tens of millions on these players all on six figures a week. Not everyone can be under 26 otherwise where's your experience.

August 09, 2019, 04:32:58 AM
Reply #26

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Delph, 29 , from the best team in the league to us for peanuts, Lossl, a back up Danish international goalie are you seriously suggesting tha t 30 is ďĒoldĒ for a goalie ? Sidibe, 27 year old World Cup winning player, as cover for Seamus, donít really understand where the problem is, would you rather we signed under 23ís for these positions ?

August 09, 2019, 04:37:01 AM
Reply #27

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
We do need a balance. It's not like we've blown tens of millions on these players all on six figures a week. Not everyone can be under 26 otherwise where's your experience.

I agree, I'm not saying any of them are outright bad. I'm saying there's a question mark.

August 09, 2019, 04:38:13 AM
Reply #28

Lxxx

I agree, I'm not saying any of them are outright bad. I'm saying there's a question mark.

That's fair enough. Every signing is a question mark, depending on your opinion.

August 09, 2019, 04:39:12 AM
Reply #29

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

Lossl and Sidibe are sound signings arenít they?

Worth remembering that we have Kenny and Virginia out on loan. Theyíre nothing but stop gaps.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown