August 21, 2019, 12:36:12 PM

Author Topic: Brandís Recruitment Philosophy  (Read 5838 times)

August 09, 2019, 04:40:23 AM
Reply #30

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Delph, 29 , from the best team in the league to us for peanuts, Lossl, a back up Danish international goalie are you seriously suggesting tha t 30 is “”old” for a goalie ? Sidibe, 27 year old World Cup winning player, as cover for Seamus, don’t really understand where the problem is, would you rather we signed under 23’s for these positions ?

So 3 players that are going to only get worse is what you're saying.

Delph, an injury prone 29 year old, I absolutely think there is going to be a question mark over that yes.

Lossl I've come round to alot. Not sure how long his contract is but I think hes been brought in as back up until Virginia takes over, while Virginia has gone off to play football and get minutes which seems good to me. What's he add stek doesnt I dunno but not too worried.

Nothing to get upset about lads I'm not sure why everyone's like No sign more old guys damn it.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 09, 2019, 04:43:19 AM
Reply #31

Bluedylan

Delph, an injury prone 29 year old, I absolutely think there is going to be a question mark over that yes.

Lossl I've come round to alot. Not sure how long his contract is but I think hes been brought in as back up until Virginia takes over, while Virginia has gone off to play football and get minutes which seems good to me. What's he add stek doesnt I dunno but not too worried.

Nothing to get upset about lads I'm not sure why everyone's like No sign more old guys damn it.

Think it's just your tendency towards miserablism
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

August 09, 2019, 04:44:54 AM
Reply #32

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Lossl and Sidibe are sound signings arenít they?

Worth remembering that we have Kenny and Virginia out on loan. Theyíre nothing but stop gaps.

Yes don't hate the look of Sidibie especially on loan, and I like the idea of Virginia eventually taking over as number 2 or 1.

But they are still both on the wrong side of development so if we do sign Sidibie it's likely sunk and then we are looking at a situation where we have

Coleman 32
Sidibie 28
Kenny 20whatever

For one position

And

Pickford, Lossl, stek for one position.

Just hypothetical like and not looking for issues or negatives, just answering the OP to the best and most honest manner I can.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 09, 2019, 04:46:08 AM
Reply #33

stirlingblue

Iím happy so far, as much as the Zaha thing was a bit of a tease Iím glad weíve shown that weíre willing to walk away from the table and not be taken for mugs.

If he pulls off something like Reinier or similar then thatís when Iíll get really excited

August 09, 2019, 04:46:46 AM
Reply #34

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

Excellent analysis Russ.

Literally the smallest element of that post seems to have been picked up on. Signing old players isn't wise for teams in development and should be viewed with caution, especially those with long term injuries... Is that a statement you would disagree with?

August 09, 2019, 04:47:49 AM
Reply #35

Escla

NSNO Subscriber

Having read that I was thinking perhaps English is not his first language, not sure ?

August 09, 2019, 04:49:03 AM
Reply #36

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Having read that I was thinking perhaps English is not his first language, not sure ?

Come again?

August 09, 2019, 04:52:54 AM
Reply #37

Shogun

Administrator

Reading signed what looks like a first choice keeper the other day.

Guessing we didnít expect that to happen when we sent him out on loan.
I never claimed to be a saint

August 09, 2019, 04:52:54 AM
Reply #38

Dr. Sponge

Its worthwhile looking at the positive influence older players can have on a squad, rather than simply measuring their individual performance stats. Nearly all successful teams have at least a few experienced heads.

Sent from my SM-G960F using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

August 09, 2019, 04:55:23 AM
Reply #39

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Its worthwhile looking at the positive influence older players can have on a squad, rather than simply measuring their individual performance stats. Nearly all successful teams have at least a few experienced heads.

Are we going to be a successful team?

I'd rather our older players be more like Kompanys (City) than Gary Cahills (Palace).

The question was Brands recruitment policy, I've said signing older players on cheaper deals is still adding dead wages that we won't be able to shift over their contract, I think that's a fair sentiment tbh.

August 09, 2019, 04:58:07 AM
Reply #40

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Yes don't hate the look of Sidibie especially on loan, and I like the idea of Virginia eventually taking over as number 2 or 1.

But they are still both on the wrong side of development so if we do sign Sidibie it's likely sunk and then we are looking at a situation where we have

Coleman 32
Sidibie 28
Kenny 20whatever

For one position

And

Pickford, Lossl, stek for one position.

Just hypothetical like and not looking for issues or negatives, just answering the OP to the best and most honest manner I can.

Reckon weíre holding tight on signing a right back next year so Sidibe just comes in as a stop gap.

Donít think we will be making a habit of signing older players, but the odd one is ok in certain instances. Not a fan of the Delph signing though, thatís pointless to me.

Iím a lot more relaxed than I was earlier when it looked like we were blowing £100m on zaha and Rojo. Brands clearly knows how to spend the money wisely.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

August 09, 2019, 05:01:11 AM
Reply #41

Dr. Sponge

Are we going to be a successful team?

I'd rather our older players be more like Kompanys (City) than Gary Cahills (Palace).

The question was Brands recruitment policy, I've said signing older players on cheaper deals is still adding dead wages that we won't be able to shift over their contract, I think that's a fair sentiment tbh.

Success for us is making progress each season and experienced players can help towards that. They have to have wages like, they're not gonna do it for free.

Anyone who thinks we would get anywhere with a squad made entirely of players under the age if 25 is dreaming.

August 09, 2019, 05:02:07 AM
Reply #42

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Heís invested £140m on players 23 and under.

Then you have the money spent on players in the 24-27 range of Digne, Bernard, Gomes, and Mina.

Thereís been a significant reduction in the average age of the squad, whilst the quality of it has improved immensely.

Giving him a very solid 7.5 for his work so far. The last week of this window raised the first question marks though. He made a complete hash of the centre half situation.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

August 09, 2019, 05:02:44 AM
Reply #43

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Reckon weíre holding tight on signing a right back next year so Sidibe just comes in as a stop gap.

Donít think we will be making a habit of signing older players, but the odd one is ok in certain instances. Not a fan of the Delph signing though, thatís pointless to me.

Iím a lot more relaxed than I was earlier when it looked like we were blowing £100m on zaha and Rojo. Brands clearly knows how to spend the money wisely.

Yes hoping the same.

Reece James injury put a spanner in the works perhaps ;)

Lot more relaxed after the reports of having a fixed value for Zaha and walking away from Doucoure too. We've ended up getting an undervalued asset from a big club at a good age who should bring something different to the squad - sounds like what we could say is a 'typical Brands signing' for us so far, and if we had walked away with Zaha for 60 and Tosun then I think we'd be singing his praises to be honest.

August 09, 2019, 05:09:04 AM
Reply #44

Bluedylan

Excellent analysis Russ.

Literally the smallest element of that post seems to have been picked up on. Signing old players isn't wise for teams in development and should be viewed with caution, especially those with long term injuries... Is that a statement you would disagree with?

One of the old players is a free keeper as a backup, so that's largely irrelevant. He might play 2 games.

Another old player is a squad player for £7m, who's been signed to bring a bit of leadership to the dressing room, as well as being a solid utility player. Hardly an earth shattering thing that will adversely impact us, even if he never got a minute of competitive action.

And the other old player is a 27 year old international on loan, with an option to buy, if he happens to have an outstanding season.

I mean, it's not really a massive stress is it. I would approach spending major money on an older player with caution, but just getting solid squad fillers for next to nothing is really no issue.

And then we've spent real money on a 19 year old, two 23 year olds and a 25 year old, with the hope of adding a 17 year old beast.

Who's Russ out of interest? I'm sure it's clever, but I've had a long day at work, and not got a scooby
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.