August 21, 2019, 12:42:36 PM

Author Topic: Brandís Recruitment Philosophy  (Read 5839 times)

August 09, 2019, 05:15:18 AM
Reply #45

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
One of the old players is a free keeper as a backup, so that's largely irrelevant. He might play 2 games.

Another old player is a squad player for £7m, who's been signed to bring a bit of leadership to the dressing room, as well as being a solid utility player. Hardly an earth shattering thing that will adversely impact us, even if he never got a minute of competitive action.

And the other old player is a 27 year old international on loan, with an option to buy, if he happens to have an outstanding season.

I mean, it's not really a massive stress is it. I would approach spending major money on an older player with caution, but just getting solid squad fillers for next to nothing is really no issue.

And then we've spent real money on a 19 year old, two 23 year olds and a 25 year old, with the hope of adding a 17 year old beast.

Who's Russ out of interest? I'm sure it's clever, but I've had a long day at work, and not got a scooby

Itís from a gangster called frenchy who did a thing with Ross Kemp once but kept calling him Russ.

Kind of the scouse version of saying ĎCliveí at the end of things.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

August 09, 2019, 05:15:49 AM
Reply #46

Ross

Looks a bit high risk high reward, when it goes tits itís not great though.

The problem I see is thereís been too many outside influences on our recruitment (sounds familiar?). Richarlison was just an obvious buy for Silva, as was Doucourť and Rojo. The ďmarqueeĒ signing of Zaha went against all his previous rhetoric of cheap, young, hungry players and sings Moshiri. Plus thereís been a lot of scrambling round since he came that have so far worked out well (Zouma & Gomes) but that sort of luck doesnít last long (today).

Personally iím not anti Brands/DoF in any way but standing by watching this over the top online fawning
bullshit about him has always felt a bit like desperate. Itís a bit like clinging onto someone like the shite do with klopp or did with Benitez. Nothing wrong with saying heís failed this window with the centreback recruitment the same way Steve Walsh/Koeman failed when Lukaku wasnít replaced, he wonít be happy about it so hopefully it doesnít happen again.

Basically he should accountable for not filling gapping holes in the squad at these times because that his responsibility and heís failed this window but people wonít want to admit that. 
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

August 09, 2019, 05:19:08 AM
Reply #47

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Everyone is admitting we fucked the cb options up
Looks a bit high risk high reward, when it goes tits it's not great though.

The problem I see is there's been too many outside influences on our recruitment (sounds familiar?). Richarlison was just an obvious buy for Silva, as was Doucourť and Rojo. The "marqueeĒ signing of Zaha went against all his previous rhetoric of cheap, young, hungry players and sings Moshiri. Plus there's been a lot of scrambling round since he came that have so far worked out well (Zouma & Gomes) but that sort of luck doesn't last long (today).

Personally i'm not anti Brands/DoF in any way but standing by watching this over the top online fawning
bullshit about him has always felt a bit like desperate. It's a bit like clinging onto someone like the shite do with klopp or did with Benitez. Nothing wrong with saying he's failed this window with the centreback recruitment the same way Steve Walsh/Koeman failed when Lukaku wasn't replaced, he won't be happy about it so hopefully it doesn't happen again.

Basically he should accountable for not filling gapping holes in the squad at these times because that his responsibility and he's failed this window but people won't want to admit that.
Simply simply lovely

August 09, 2019, 05:20:29 AM
Reply #48

Ross

Everyone is admitting we fucked the cb options up

Are they admitting heís being hamstrung though?
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

August 09, 2019, 05:23:35 AM
Reply #49

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Are they admitting he's being hamstrung though?
Who?
Brands? Not seen it tbh
Silva? A few yeah, he's not good form for not getting who he wants
Simply simply lovely

August 09, 2019, 05:25:29 AM
Reply #50

Ross

Who?
Brands? Not seen it tbh
Silva? A few yeah, he's not good form for not getting who he wants

Well this threads about Brands and I thought my post was pretty straight about that.

August 09, 2019, 05:27:09 AM
Reply #51

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
One of the old players is a free keeper as a backup, so that's largely irrelevant. He might play 2 games.

Another old player is a squad player for £7m, who's been signed to bring a bit of leadership to the dressing room, as well as being a solid utility player. Hardly an earth shattering thing that will adversely impact us, even if he never got a minute of competitive action.

And the other old player is a 27 year old international on loan, with an option to buy, if he happens to have an outstanding season.

I mean, it's not really a massive stress is it. I would approach spending major money on an older player with caution, but just getting solid squad fillers for next to nothing is really no issue.

And then we've spent real money on a 19 year old, two 23 year olds and a 25 year old, with the hope of adding a 17 year old beast.

Who's Russ out of interest? I'm sure it's clever, but I've had a long day at work, and not got a scooby

...im not saying its a massive stress, I'm saying that as part of Brands Recruitment Policy, as per OP, it is a part that gives me pause.

The Russ thing is just a daft Steven French reference.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 09, 2019, 05:27:22 AM
Reply #52

Dr. Sponge

Are they admitting he's being hamstrung though?
None of us know what happened. On the face of it we fucked it up, but we dont know for sure, they could just rate Holgate higher than all those available at the right price.

Sent from my SM-G960F using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

August 09, 2019, 05:30:03 AM
Reply #53

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
He's fucked the cb up, everyone sees that
Well this threads about Brands and I thought my post was pretty straight about that.
Simply simply lovely

August 09, 2019, 05:31:37 AM
Reply #54

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Still hasnít signed somebody Iíve never heard of so Iíd like that to change soon.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

August 09, 2019, 05:33:35 AM
Reply #55

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Still hasn't signed somebody I've never heard of so I'd like that to change soon.
Didnt know a lot if anything about gmbabin tbh but I'm out of touch now
Simply simply lovely

August 09, 2019, 05:35:24 AM
Reply #56

Hesmenos

I think saying he's failed is a bit harsh. This was quite a tough window for us. We needed to fill a lot of positions. Backup GK, Backup RB, CB, DM, CM, Winger, CF and we also needed to get rid of a lot of players. I don't think it was a coincidence that we often announced a signing a few days after selling someone. Brands has managed to fulfill most of his objectives. Unfortunately 1 of the most important which was replacing Zouma, wasn't achieved. I don't think it was because we were obsessed with Zouma and didn't have back up plans but more that we didn't find many other available alternatives which weren't overpriced either in terms of fee or wages. If you look at the few good Center Backs that moved they were all very expensive. (80M for Maguire, 75M for Hernandez, 50M for Militao, 30M for a 30yo Hummels) Average players like Mings and Webster going for 20M. Leicester with 80M burning a hole in their pocket couldn't find a CB better than Wes Morgan. While its not ideal, I'm glad we didn't panic and bring in a Rojo for 25M and hopefully we can work on getting someone in in January

August 09, 2019, 05:36:20 AM
Reply #57

Ross

None of us know what happened. On the face of it we fucked it up, but we dont know for sure, they could just rate Holgate higher than all those available at the right price.

Sent from my SM-G960F using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

Of course we can only go by what weíve been told and what we were told was Brands and Silva had their recruitment targets identified, we were also told we wanted a left footed rightsided attacking player and we were linked with a lot of them until Zaha became available.

The centreback thing is another mystery. Yeah we thought weíd get Zouma but when that didnít happen was the next best option a kid with no top flight experience? Or two squad players from our old Moyes feeder club? Iíd hope not.

Personally I think heís had his plans screwed up half way through the summer when Zaha looked available and itís thrown everything out for us. That ultimately will fall on him like it did on Walsh before him though.

August 09, 2019, 05:38:07 AM
Reply #58

dunkster

Hasn't really done a lot in the young kids department yet. Would be nice to see more youngsters coming in that brands has sourced.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

August 09, 2019, 05:38:50 AM
Reply #59

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Guys guys guys. Iím hearing a bit of negativity toward brands and the players that we actually didnít sign.

What am I missing?