September 15, 2019, 09:16:40 PM

Author Topic: Mission Top Six  (Read 6450 times)

August 09, 2019, 04:21:43 AM
Reply #15

Thornton_19

I genuinely believe player for player we are better than Man United for whatever that is worth. If you rate them as top 6 we will finish above them.

August 09, 2019, 04:22:01 AM
Reply #16

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah if we’re worried about cb then Leicester and Wolves should certainly be too.

No idea re West Ham ones.

Top 6 too far off I’d imagine

August 09, 2019, 04:34:39 AM
Reply #17

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Thiiiiiiink we are net weaker due to cb and lack of midfield progress, plus risk in replacing Gueye since he was a one man finger in the dam at times last season.

Will be interested to see what Iwobi does to our style and how silva manages to get our attacking talent into the side.

Top 6 though, no I don't think we'll be anywhere near that. I don't think anyone neutral would have us clearly ahead of Leicester, Wolves or West Ham in terms of squad quality and depth, and I expect hassenhutl will have Southampton banging on that door below that group too along with Watford who continue to buy well.

What was it I said last year, 60 points? I can't remember, but that same water mark again and without extended periods of pure uncontrolled mess and excuses should be the aim, get 7th, close the gap to top 6 and stylistically move towards a more sustainable way of regularly gettnig points.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 04:35:52 AM by brap2 »
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 09, 2019, 04:39:05 AM
Reply #18

Ross

I’ll be honest I hope it’s “mission silverware” first and foremost.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

August 09, 2019, 04:54:33 AM
Reply #19

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
After thinking about it I have changed my opinion from 8th or 7th to 7th or 8th  lolol

Maybe Richarlison kicks on a level. Maybe Kean hits the ground running like Lukaku did.

Maybe Keane, Mina & Gbamin can stay the course for 45 games and are solid.

Plus 10 goals from Iwobi?

That would certainly be enough to increase our points total from last year.

A lot of maybes.

August 09, 2019, 05:05:03 AM
Reply #20

bluenuck

Way off the pace still. 7th-10th place finish again with 50ish points. Early cup exits as we will be playing who exactly at CB???

A big negative is not getting in a centre back. It kind of puts a downer on this window for me In spite of some nice work done by us. Oh well. 

We’re going to have to move on a CB in January after Mina has only started 4 games.

August 09, 2019, 05:12:53 AM
Reply #21

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Not too worried about the teams below us.

Wolves play the same 11 each week and are the most predictable team in the league. Give it to coast, long diagonal to the wing backs, inside to jota. Think they’ll struggle with Europe, but they do have a very good manager.

Leicester are one injury away from Wes Morgan playing in a Brendan Rodgers team. Think they might have made a massive fuck up and I’m not sure on the business they’ve conducted this window.

West Ham have a very good team, with a very good manager so if it clicks they could be the team to challenge the top six. It’s West Ham though. There’s no heart or conviction about them and i feel like there’s no collective there with the players

Watford have bought well again but their defence is a joke. Craig Cathcart mate lol. That Prodl still getting games as well?

Don’t think anyone looks too convincing tbh.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

August 09, 2019, 05:24:52 AM
Reply #22

markB

for me both Arsenal and united will be the ones to catch yes both have spent money on there defence this year one way or the other , but for me it was not about the players playing centre back for united it was there lack of defence in midfield , Arsenal have signed an attacking left back so they might beat the team they were beating 2-0 last year 3-0 as it was again no defence in midfield and crazy centre backs that will be there undoing

if we are going to get there away form will need to pickup and no dropping points at home to shit teams

the manager will have to brave v lesser teams and drop sig (in some of the games) he has the players now to do it

August 09, 2019, 05:47:14 AM
Reply #23

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
After thinking about it I have changed my opinion from 8th or 7th to 7th or 8th  lolol

Maybe Richarlison kicks on a level. Maybe Kean hits the ground running like Lukaku did.

Maybe Keane, Mina & Gbamin can stay the course for 45 games and are solid.

Plus 10 goals from Iwobi?

That would certainly be enough to increase our points total from last year.

A lot of maybes.

If Richarlison and or Kean hit super super seasons, we'd be in with a shot. Would need to be talking about 20 from Richarlison and 12 or something from Kean I think?

Can't see Iwobi getting ten, he's a bit trigger shy. Should put a few on Keans toes though which I'm looking forward to a great deal.

Attacking players having superstar seasons lifts almost any side, but I have to say the cb thing.. Zouma was our best defender by a country mile last year, we have to hope Big Yerry delivers on his early promise I think.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 09, 2019, 05:50:28 AM
Reply #24

dunkster

Kean needs to hit the ground running or the pressure on his tender 19 year old shoulders may fuck him up (just like ALL of our post lukaku strikers)
That's half the reason I'd prefer a fluid 3 up front that alternate positions during games. So they all take the burden of finding the goals.
Richarlson needs to push on again and Bernard needs to start adding goals. I felt last season it was gueye and gomes and very little without that pair. Although we've lost gueye I feel we have more options in the centre. Good competition there.
Centre back is an issue and one that may need resolving in january.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

August 09, 2019, 09:42:43 AM
Reply #25

howard1334

Some unwarranted pessimism in this thread. While not guaranteed, we have a much better chance of finishing 7th than any other teams outside the top 6.

Sent from my SM-G965U using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

August 09, 2019, 10:41:07 AM
Reply #26

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Its going top be the top 3 miles away, then Arsenal in limbo, then 5th to 12th is going to be a clusterfuck with a lot of teams taking points off each other, besting the dross and getting nothing from the top teams.

This is why its more frustrating we failed on deadline day, as it wouldnt have taken much to push onto Arsenal and ahead of the rest.  Next year Chrlsea will be sble to strengthen, and United will have a proper manager, so it'll be a lot harder to break in.

August 09, 2019, 12:23:50 PM
Reply #27

TSGun

If we can build on the form we displayed towards the end of last season then why not?

I don't think we're that far off as some may believe. Actually after City the competition levels off quite quickly.

August 09, 2019, 01:37:35 PM
Reply #28

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
We wont break the top 6.

We have improved the squad, but only slightly, and not enough to overtake the likes of Utd or Chelsea (unless they have a torrid season). I think Arsenal, Spurs, City and the shite will all challenge for the title.

Kean was probably our biggest signing, but I'm not expecting more than 15 goals from him next season, he's still very young.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 01:39:13 PM by Duncs_a_legend »
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

August 09, 2019, 02:06:33 PM
Reply #29

Toddacelli

Still think we’re a way off myself.

I’m just happy we didn’t throw all kinds of money about so we can be content with another season of steady progression.

I largely agree - but still feel slightly that it is an opportunity missed, looking at Chelsea, Man U and Arsenal this season.

They will still find it easier than us to attract the next level players we need to kick on. So this was the season to steal a march on them because next season they can easily sort out this stumble with a good window.

If our progression is too steady - it will actually just be 'keeping up with'. We need a few catalysts like: other teams doing badly, Brands finding the next big thing, unearthing a gem in the youth ranks etc.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates