September 15, 2019, 08:53:07 PM

Author Topic: Mission Top Six  (Read 6447 times)

August 09, 2019, 02:09:55 PM
Reply #30

dangermouse

Its all about the goals. I think if we're capable of scoring 60+ goals I think we have a chance of finishing 6th.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 02:13:23 PM by dangermouse »
Everton Programmes Books & DVD's

http://www.facebook.com/evertonprogrammes

August 09, 2019, 02:13:33 PM
Reply #31

Trublue

Would be happy 7/8, but closed gap. But we need to do well in the cups. I am hoping for 6th.

August 09, 2019, 02:18:11 PM
Reply #32

Macca77

I honestly don't think we're that far off top 6, we need to start well this season though

August 24, 2019, 01:41:45 PM
Reply #33

GrantyBoy78

Fuck top 6, think weíre going to have a couple of monthís of finding our feet and that ship will have sailed. This season is about 7th and a cup run. Next summer the financial shackles will come off and we can step up another level in quality.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

August 24, 2019, 01:45:02 PM
Reply #34

TheTone

forget about it, we'll probably put a run together at some stage and threaten it briefly then fall away as usual

August 24, 2019, 02:41:04 PM
Reply #35

penguinofdoom1878

I still think we can make top 6, there's still 35 games to play. Defence is pretty solid so we need a couple of changes to the attack and we'll do well.

Im going 5th and the League Cup.

August 24, 2019, 03:10:29 PM
Reply #36

indiantoffee1975

It's not happening. People need to give this a rest.

August 24, 2019, 03:15:07 PM
Reply #37

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
I still think we can make top 6, there's still 35 games to play. Defence is pretty solid so we need a couple of changes to the attack and we'll do well.

Im going 5th and the League Cup.
Defence were fast asleep last night. Silva says ďwe knew they like to take free kicks fastĒ  seems Gomes and Keane didnít get that memo.

August 25, 2019, 06:59:57 AM
Reply #38

Jamokachi

The way Chelsea and Utd have started the season we can easily mount a challenge. Don't know why some of you bother following football if you resign yourself to failure before we've even gotten going.

August 25, 2019, 09:07:54 AM
Reply #39

Omar

When you say top six right now it makes me think of this....

You come at the king, you best not miss.

August 25, 2019, 02:06:11 PM
Reply #40

Bluedylan

The way Chelsea and Utd have started the season we can easily mount a challenge. Don't know why some of you bother following football if you resign yourself to failure before we've even gotten going.

People really struggle with even one defeat now, it seems. Pretty pathetic that the Silva out thread is up and running (in my opinion).
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

August 25, 2019, 02:13:27 PM
Reply #41

bluenuck

People really struggle with even one defeat now, it seems. Pretty pathetic that the Silva out thread is up and running (in my opinion).

Weíve played villa Watford and Norwich And we have 4 points. Can you really blame them? I mean really think about that. Itís not like our team is giving us tons of hope. Itís the same ole same ole. So what do you expect people to expect?? (And I donít want silva out. Iím just saying the people that do, have a point. This is getting exhausting)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 02:16:39 PM by bluenuck »

August 25, 2019, 02:17:28 PM
Reply #42

Bluedylan

Weíve played villa Watford and Norwich And we have 4 points. Can you really blame them? I mean really think about that. Itís not like our team is giving us tons of hope. Itís the same ole same ole. So what do you expect people to expect??

Yeah, I think it's ludicrous personally. We've lost a game mate. We're on the same number of pts as Man U and Chelsea. Before Friday, we hadn't conceded a goal. Yes, it wasn't great on Friday, and we haven't clicked yet as a team generally but even then we had a number of good chances to get something out of the game.

Disagree all you want, but I think it's fucking stupid to see the 'Silva out' thread growing every time we have a single defeat. I think it's brainless and reactionary.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

August 25, 2019, 02:53:12 PM
Reply #43

bluenuck

Yeah, I think it's ludicrous personally. We've lost a game mate. We're on the same number of pts as Man U and Chelsea. Before Friday, we hadn't conceded a goal. Yes, it wasn't great on Friday, and we haven't clicked yet as a team generally but even then we had a number of good chances to get something out of the game.

Disagree all you want, but I think it's fucking stupid to see the 'Silva out' thread growing every time we have a single defeat. I think it's brainless and reactionary.

I donít think itís a single defeat. Itís been 3 games against ďweakerĒ opposition this season, plus a good chunk, probably at least a third of last season, that this has been brewing. We had a good 12-14 game run where silva looked inept last season. Plus a slow start. 

This isnít a knee jerk reaction to one game. The story is unfortunately starting to reveal itself.

Iím struggling to keep the faith, and I can see why people are questioning him. Itís really not that hard to see.

August 25, 2019, 02:56:57 PM
Reply #44

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
A good run of form and any team has a chance at it. If our signings end up playing well and Richarlison or Sigurddsson find any sort of form we've got a decent chance especially as we seem to have tightened to at the back. I'm really interested to see what sidibe can offer