September 15, 2019, 08:53:44 PM

Author Topic: Mission Top Six  (Read 6448 times)

August 25, 2019, 03:16:27 PM
Reply #45

TheTone

our away form isn't good enough, lost 5 points already to Crystal Palace and fucking Aston fucking Villa

looking at Chelsea & Leicester yesterday, they've both scrapped through with away wins, we'd have lost/drawn games like that

I'll not be convinced until we can start grinding out away wins at teams we should be beating

I'm not having the 'it's early days excuse' either

August 25, 2019, 03:20:29 PM
Reply #46

Bluedylan

our away form isn't good enough, lost 5 points already to Crystal Palace and fucking Aston fucking Villa

looking at Chelsea & Leicester yesterday, they've both scrapped through with away wins, we'd have lost/drawn games like that

I'll not be convinced until we can start grinding out away wins at teams we should be beating

I'm not having the 'it's early days excuse' either

And yet Chelsea got battered in the first game, and should've lost at home to Leicester last week on the balance of the game.

Imagine we'd started with a 4-0 defeat, and then a 1-1 draw at home where we could/should've lost. Probably half of the fanbase would've wanted the manager fired.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

August 25, 2019, 03:22:28 PM
Reply #47

Bluedylan

I donít think itís a single defeat. Itís been 3 games against ďweakerĒ opposition this season, plus a good chunk, probably at least a third of last season, that this has been brewing. We had a good 12-14 game run where silva looked inept last season. Plus a slow start. 

This isnít a knee jerk reaction to one game. The story is unfortunately starting to reveal itself.

Iím struggling to keep the faith, and I can see why people are questioning him. Itís really not that hard to see.

If you look in the 'Silva out' thread, almost all of the reactions/likes show that they also think it's ludicrous to even be discussing it, so you're very much in the extreme minority thankfully.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

August 25, 2019, 03:26:38 PM
Reply #48

TheTone

And yet Chelsea got battered in the first game, and should've lost at home to Leicester last week on the balance of the game.

Imagine we'd started with a 4-0 defeat, and then a 1-1 draw at home where we could/should've lost. Probably half of the fanbase would've wanted the manager fired.

I'm not having that Silva Out thread either by the way

Just don't think we're good enough for top 6

Also we're more than capable of getting spanked at Old Trafford and losing at home to Leicester

August 25, 2019, 03:33:54 PM
Reply #49

Bluedylan

I'm not having that Silva Out thread either by the way

Just don't think we're good enough for top 6

Also we're more than capable of getting spanked at Old Trafford and losing at home to Leicester

Yeah we're not good enough for Top 6 playing as we are at the moment. I'd expect a lot of improvement.

My point is that if we'd had Chelsea's first two results, our fans would be in meltdown. If we had Man U's result yesterday, our fans would be in meltdown. If we had been as weak and half arsed as Arsenal yesterday, our fans would be in meltdown. Lots of clubs vying for the Top 6 have massive issues with their teams. We tend to think it's only us and lose a bit of perspective.

August 25, 2019, 04:24:07 PM
Reply #50

gizzblue

Need to show ambition, don't just aim for top 6 to maybe 7th, aim for top 4, big ask I know but not impossible

Exactly this ...others in the top six havnt started well either (their season isn't over either)....we still have a good chance .
Born not made a blue .

August 25, 2019, 05:10:10 PM
Reply #51

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Chelsea and United shouldn't have hired their managers and its a matter of time before they're sacked imo
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 25, 2019, 07:28:11 PM
Reply #52

Bluedylan

Chelsea and United shouldn't have hired their managers and its a matter of time before they're sacked imo

Agreed on both fronts.

August 26, 2019, 12:54:29 AM
Reply #53

Omar

Exactly this ...others in the top six havnt started well either (their season isn't over either)....we still have a good chance .

Since United, Chelsea and Spurs are all on 4 points like us it's not looking as dire as it did Friday evening.
You come at the king, you best not miss.

August 26, 2019, 12:59:38 AM
Reply #54

TheTone

Since United, Chelsea and Spurs are all on 4 points like us it's not looking as dire as it did Friday evening.

Omg

They are still miles better than us

August 26, 2019, 01:04:10 AM
Reply #55

Omar

Omg

If you say so pal, nevermind the fact that United just lost to Palace at home and Spurs lost to Newcastle at home as well.
You come at the king, you best not miss.

August 26, 2019, 01:05:30 AM
Reply #56

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Omg

Yes but itís more that itís 3 games. As can be seen, even better teams are capable of being shite.

Too many People act like weíre as good as city and lose it when we, erm, lose.

Need to look at it that weíve got a good chance of doing something so letís get behind everyone.

Friday was an issue of quality, not effort.

August 26, 2019, 01:17:43 AM
Reply #57

TheTone

If you say so pal, nevermind the fact that United just lost to Palace at home and Spurs lost to Newcastle at home as well.

Oh my baby

Oh my baby

Oh my

Oh why

August 26, 2019, 03:39:49 AM
Reply #58

hannu

atm i dont see enough to think we will get top 6, hopefully it will improve soon, it could be another soul destroying season again tho

August 26, 2019, 03:58:41 AM
Reply #59

bluenuck

If you look in the 'Silva out' thread, almost all of the reactions/likes show that they also think it's ludicrous to even be discussing it, so you're very much in the extreme minority thankfully.

Well Iím  not in that minority cause I think we should give silva more time. I just can see peopleís points that want him gone.