September 15, 2019, 09:43:40 PM

Author Topic: Mission Top Six  (Read 6452 times)

August 26, 2019, 04:27:36 AM
Reply #60

Fynci

Not in the Silva our brigade myself, but I think the thread still needs renaming to “Mission Top Eight”.

August 26, 2019, 04:28:08 AM
Reply #61

Bluedylan

Well I’m  not in that minority cause I think we should give silva more time. I just can see people’s points that want him gone.

Let's respectfully agree to disagree then
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

August 26, 2019, 04:32:28 AM
Reply #62

Ramjam

Not in the Silva our brigade myself, but I think the thread still needs renaming to "Mission Top Eight”.
Yep let’s drop the standard, that’s the way to move forward

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

August 26, 2019, 05:04:12 AM
Reply #63

Mayor Farnum

Not much incentive if we're writing off top six.
If we're being realistic it's probably the best we can hope for but that in itself saddens me. Don't think I can get up for a push for eighth.
Something clever written by someone else.

August 26, 2019, 05:36:02 AM
Reply #64

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Not much incentive if we're writing off top six.
If we're being realistic it's probably the best we can hope for but that in itself saddens me. Don't think I can get up for a push for eighth.

Have you not been watching the last 5 years or so
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 26, 2019, 06:17:34 AM
Reply #65

Mayor Farnum

Have you not been watching the last 5 years or so
Yes but I won't give up until the xG tells me it's impossible.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 06:21:31 AM by Mayor Farnum »
Something clever written by someone else.

August 26, 2019, 10:55:08 AM
Reply #66

Jamokachi

I’m struggling to keep the faith, and I can see why people are questioning him. It’s really not that hard to see.

The real crux of the issue is that you're a defeatist, miserable bastard who only ever focuses on the negative. Constantly. Your doom and gloom is so bloody boring, and it's been a constant. There's a core group of misery amongst Evertonians, and you're a champion member.

August 26, 2019, 01:22:35 PM
Reply #67

Morta75

Let's be real, if the standard from 3 first games is what we can deliver, then top 10 is just in reach. But I think it will become better as we progress. Need to drop Richarlison (send on vacation or something, he needs it) in with Iwobi , also bench siggy for now (push Gomes forward). Gomes was very poor on Friday, yes, but he's playing with high risk all the time, looks amazing when he gets it right and just ridiculous when not. Schneiderlin I will keep myself for saying to much (lost the ball in so many dangerous places it’s scary to see) , just put in Davies. DCL have got many chances so I would get in Kean. DCL works good, is running the channels and all this, but he’s not scoring goals (last time I checked that’s what’s strikes is supposed to do...)
I have to be honest and say that some off the moves we had playing the ball first 15-20 min was really good and had me thinking off Man.city, Barcelona the way we passed the ball one 1 to 2 touch, really nice. Then everything collapsed and we looked like a league 2 team

August 26, 2019, 04:07:09 PM
Reply #68

Jamokachi

Let's be real, if the standard from 3 first games

Aaaaaand let me stop you there.

August 28, 2019, 03:53:41 AM
Reply #69

bluenuck

The real crux of the issue is that you're a defeatist, miserable bastard who only ever focuses on the negative. Constantly. Your doom and gloom is so bloody boring, and it's been a constant. There's a core group of misery amongst Evertonians, and you're a champion member.

Feel better?  :)

It's sports dude. Chill out.

August 28, 2019, 05:16:17 AM
Reply #70

Jamokachi

Feel better?  :)

It's sports dude. Chill out.

It's sports, dude. Cheer up.

August 28, 2019, 08:10:51 AM
Reply #71

bluenuck

It's sports, dude. Cheer up.

I will. When they give me
Something to cheer about.

August 28, 2019, 09:20:26 AM
Reply #72

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
This is mostly the same team that went on that great run in the second half of last season. With some new decent blood too. No reason why we still can’t aim for top 6.

“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

August 28, 2019, 12:27:47 PM
Reply #73

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Why do we even bother if we notnlooking to achieve at minimum top 6. This season is a complete and utter disaster if we don’t get top 6 and at least a long cup run.

We should be winning a trophy this season or get top 4. Anything less wouldn’t be good enough.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

August 28, 2019, 01:36:15 PM
Reply #74

Ramjam

Why do we even bother if we notnlooking to achieve at minimum top 6. This season is a complete and utter disaster if we don't get top 6 and at least a long cup run.

We should be winning a trophy this season or get top 4. Anything less wouldn't be good enough.
I think a lot of the younger supporters who have never seen us win anything has a different perception of success in the modern game, ie top 6 is a success but for me and probably some of the older supporters winning something is paramount to being successful and nothing else is good enough, (pardon the pun) but that’s not taking away any opinion that younger supporters might have, just me wanting ultimate success for our club

WE ARE THE PEOPLE