August 21, 2019, 12:29:21 PM

Author Topic: Everton Absolutely Love Signing Big 6 Rejects  (Read 2235 times)

Glory and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

August 09, 2019, 02:23:50 PM
Reply #15

Macca77

Yeah, don't really need to read that like, no interested in the slightest. I did however listed to 5 live briefly yesterday, Melissa Reddy (no idea who she is) was asked about her opinion on Everton and Zaha, she stated that Zaha is far to big a player for us and went on about top 6 etc.. It wasn't until later on that i discovered she's a red and does various blogs for the anfield rap.

Angered me more than it should of to be honest

August 09, 2019, 02:25:53 PM
Reply #16

TSGun

Balls.ie sounds like the name of a K-Pop band.

August 09, 2019, 02:29:10 PM
Reply #17

Macca77

We're not liked by most of the media which is fine, we're used to it, but their bias towards the sky 6 is ridiculous, it really is.

August 09, 2019, 02:29:51 PM
Reply #18

Toddacelli

If there was anything about this as a strategy and other ways of catching up for teams outside the CL places - it would be interesting.

If there was any context or comparisons with other teams or other leagues - it would be interesting.

Unfortunately, this just seems to be a very amateur stab at "Success or Fail" for some of our signings in recent years. Nothing to learn here but one individual's rather dull opinion.

Clickbait for advertising revenue. Nothing more. These are my thoughts.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

August 09, 2019, 04:57:53 PM
Reply #19

SANA_DR0

I don't think 'balls.ie' is particularly worth a critical analysis @SANA_DR0

Wasn't looking for critical analysis, just peoples views/thoughts on whats being stated in the article.
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

August 09, 2019, 05:12:23 PM
Reply #20

Bluedylan

Wasn't looking for critical analysis, just peoples views/thoughts on whats being stated in the article.

Right, I've had a read and I'll give you some general thoughts from my perspective.

- The headline is pejorative towards us, and seemingly misleading in relation to the content, which is relatively balanced.
- It's difficult to detect an underlying viewpoint in the article. It deems some of the signings as successes and some as failures, in a fairly pragmatic way.
- It basically says nothing of any interest, and there's very little insight.
- I clicked on the author to see if I could discern a trend/perspective in other articles he's written, and all I could really come up with is that he's an Irish football fan, and thus relatively likely to be a Liverpool/Utd fan, so perhaps coming slightly from that perspective.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

August 09, 2019, 05:21:10 PM
Reply #21

formerKHL

I get the context of your question SANDRO.....ie: do we agree with the principle of the article.

Myself I don't agree with the principle of the article.....as my thoughts are... aren't all transfers "rejects" of some sort whether from a "big club" a "top 6 club" or even a lower league club to some extent when sold to another lower league club

Would he be asking the same question of say lpool arsenal or manu if they had bought Coutinho? or just if we'd of bought him?

likewise would he be asking the same question of any club who buy everton players?

so all in all a bit of a meaningless statement to make in a bit of a meaningless article in my opinion...

August 09, 2019, 05:32:57 PM
Reply #22

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah, don't really need to read that like, no interested in the slightest. I did however listed to 5 live briefly yesterday, Melissa Reddy (no idea who she is) was asked about her opinion on Everton and Zaha, she stated that Zaha is far to big a player for us and went on about top 6 etc.. It wasn't until later on that i discovered she's a red and does various blogs for the anfield rap.

Angered me more than it should of to be honest

Really gone off 5Live recently. Their football chat show is too ‘down with the kids, innit fam?’ now. No substance to it at all
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

August 09, 2019, 05:36:27 PM
Reply #23

TheTone

Really gone off 5Live recently. Their football chat show is too ‘down with the kids, innit fam?’ now. No substance to it at all

I'm finding that on other media too

Think it's us getting old lad  :hmph:

August 09, 2019, 05:37:27 PM
Reply #24

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
I'm finding that on other media too

Think it's us getting old lad  :hmph:

Nope, no, nadda, nein, nicht, non........not having that.
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

August 09, 2019, 05:39:29 PM
Reply #25

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
She was actually very complimentary towards us on the show.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

August 09, 2019, 06:20:36 PM
Reply #26

SANA_DR0

Right, I've had a read and I'll give you some general thoughts from my perspective.

- The headline is pejorative towards us, and seemingly misleading in relation to the content, which is relatively balanced.
- It's difficult to detect an underlying viewpoint in the article. It deems some of the signings as successes and some as failures, in a fairly pragmatic way.
- It basically says nothing of any interest, and there's very little insight.
- I clicked on the author to see if I could discern a trend/perspective in other articles he's written, and all I could really come up with is that he's an Irish football fan, and thus relatively likely to be a Liverpool/Utd fan, so perhaps coming slightly from that perspective.

cheers Dylan,

My view is that there is only a finite amount of players in the league, who can perform at a certain level. Undoubtedly some of those players would have not succeeded at a 'top 6' club, they're a pretty good option for teams wanting to bridge that gap. Maybe the players experience in the top was not right for them, ie age, style of play, not mature enough, not played enough or played in the wrong position.

Every club has players who have dropped down from a higher team.
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

August 09, 2019, 06:37:14 PM
Reply #27

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
She was actually very complimentary towards us on the show.

Assume this is about reddy is it?
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 09, 2019, 06:38:13 PM
Reply #28

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

August 09, 2019, 06:45:46 PM
Reply #29

SANA_DR0

do they still do Fighting Talk on a Saturday morning with Colin Murry? I use to listen to that religious.
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....