September 19, 2019, 07:49:45 PM

Author Topic: Everton Absolutely Love Signing Big 6 Rejects  (Read 4707 times)

August 09, 2019, 05:12:23 PM
Read 4707 times

Bluedylan

Wasn't looking for critical analysis, just peoples views/thoughts on whats being stated in the article.

Right, I've had a read and I'll give you some general thoughts from my perspective.

- The headline is pejorative towards us, and seemingly misleading in relation to the content, which is relatively balanced.
- It's difficult to detect an underlying viewpoint in the article. It deems some of the signings as successes and some as failures, in a fairly pragmatic way.
- It basically says nothing of any interest, and there's very little insight.
- I clicked on the author to see if I could discern a trend/perspective in other articles he's written, and all I could really come up with is that he's an Irish football fan, and thus relatively likely to be a Liverpool/Utd fan, so perhaps coming slightly from that perspective.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

August 20, 2019, 06:33:44 PM
Reply #1

Bluedylan

Tend to rock the Indy football podcast, The Totally Football Show and one or two others. Guardian one's been shit for ages.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

August 20, 2019, 06:39:39 PM
Reply #2

Bluedylan

Who the fuck is Faye Carruthers anyway? And I hope we bum Paul Macinnes' Norwich back to the Championship later in the season.

August 20, 2019, 07:20:49 PM
Reply #3

Bluedylan

Googled her, still no idea

Luton fan. Sorry we're not entertaining you, Luton fan.

August 23, 2019, 03:35:32 PM
Reply #4

Bluedylan

Mad about that Paulao bandini from football weekly init.

Now known as Nicola Bandini

No way! Bit of a random one.

Good on her.

August 23, 2019, 03:37:28 PM
Reply #5

Bluedylan

September 02, 2019, 02:09:11 AM
Reply #6

Bluedylan

Mourinho's opinion on Sky about us surprised me a bit. He was talking about us signing players from big clubs but in a negative way, as if we were signing failed elite players.

Basically saying we should be signing more Richarlison's, players who are about to "explode", instead of big club rejects like Dogne, Gomes, Mina, Delph, Iwobi etc.

Sent from my SM-G960F using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

The man who signed Alexis Sanchez on a 500k per week deal. Hmmm. Anyway, Kean is another Richarlison potentially, and you could probably put Iwobi in that category.